Will TR Ever get a 143 Damage or a 845 RPM Carbine?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gary, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Gary

Simple question in the title, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...845&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Both VS and NC get access to the above 845 RPM Carbines, and Below the 167 Damage Carbines

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=12&f=true&colid0=17&filterstr0=CARBINE&colid1=4&filterstr1=167 @ 10m&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Now obviously the NC get higher damage on most of the weapons due to lower fire rates but they still get the choice to have a different play style and gun control.

The VS on the other hand had a 167 Carbine to simply allow them to fight out to standard distances before the damage drop off became to much of an issue, however this has changed now and with this so should some of the weapons.

Those 845 RPM Carbines share remarkably similar stats to the fastest firing TR Carbine which is also slower in fire rate.

when you compare the Fastest LMG's we find TR have the fastest firing but compared to the NC/VS's fastest LMG it is hugely hiked stats to compensate

Why do the 845 RPM carbines have very similar stats to the slower TR Carbine, Why do the TR not get access to a variety of weapons like both the NC/VS...
    • Up x 12
  2. Laraso

No. Not until they fix important things like the Vangaurd shield or the Reaver gun offset. Only after that is done can we talk about giving the TR more LMGs.
    • Up x 8
  3. AdennTM

Sense of entitlement much?
    • Up x 16
  4. Laraso

I was being playfully sarcastic, although now that I think about it, that probably wasn't very obvious through text.

I was only implying that there are more important things in the game that we should worry about aside from adding new LMGs.
    • Up x 1
  5. AdennTM

Carbine*

But yes, in that case I agree.
  6. Laraso

Whoops. Brain fail.
  7. Hoki

OKAY THANKS FOR THE UPDATE MR SOE EMPLOYEE DEVELOPER GUY

But honest question here, isn't the Lynx like the highest dps carbine in the game?
  8. Serevn

I'd almost take a new effective LMG that is not the TMG-50 over everything other than the lattice system about now.
    Or we can, you know, un-nerf the carv and carv-s.
  9. WalrusJones

No, its tied for third... In a three way tie.
  10. Gary

Also not asking for LMG's... Saw your post further down :p as you said! *whoops brain fail* early mornings ><
  11. Xind

It would be nice to have a Carbine that's worth using. Poeple continually point out how good the Lynx/Jaguar are, but they just don't stand up to direct fights against Serpent and GD-7F users, which seems to be every ******* LA on VS/NC that isn't using a shotgun.

As far as LMGs, I think most people are starting to realize TR LMGs are incredibly bland and our best LMG for faction trait (Carv/MSW-R) is surpassed/equaled by the VS Orion. Which leaves us with the TMG-50, which is literally a bad NC gun. We've got the Cycler TRV, but it's recoil is ridiculous, especially when you want to use it full auto to take advantage of the RoF power.
    • Up x 9
  12. GimpyGotcha

No it is not. The other 2 factions, as I've said many times, get carbs with 100 higher dps cause I belive it's the gd-22 has 845 rof with 143 dmg vs the lynx's 800 rof / 143 dmg. Same with the vs carb. Nc / Vs carb is over 2k dps and the lynx is 1900. It's a fact and it goes the same with almost all Tr weapons, they simply have lower dps than the other factions. It's absurd and needs to be fixed.

You'd think that Tr has higher rof, Nc higher dmg/slower rof, and Vs more accurate/longer range but all the dps work out to be the same cause that's what it was like in ps1 but that is NOT The Case Here. Tr simply don't have equal dps, we don't have higher rof, and we have lower dmg...

So people say oh well you get a few extra bullets per clip whoop-De-FREEKIN- DO. That means Nothing. The other factions get bonuses that actually Effect TTK. Ours Does NOT. Also more of our 'decent' weapons like the TMG-50 / MSW-R ect, the ones that have some chance of competing (though are still statistically worse), DONT HAVE THE EXTRA BULLETS PER CLIP.
  13. Grotpar

They are good.

Maybe it's you who is the problem.
  14. Hoki

Tried them out. Don't really care about the dps. The recoil on the Lynx is so much worse, wtf were they thinking? Balls.
    • Up x 10
  15. ClickMe

TR complaining about carbines? LOL... bads detected. You have the best carbine in the game. TR often seem to forget how Lynx & Jag have 0.75 ads move speed multipliers (nc can only dream) and 10 extra in the mag.
    • Up x 4
  16. hawken is better

Like I, and many others, have said before, we (we = fellow Terrans) don't need the extra RoF or damage. TR weapons need an accuracy buff.
    • Up x 2
  17. LordMondando

I'd take (indeed I love my TR on ceres) slightly lower damage and moderately highly ROF and lower recoil any day of the week.

Trac AMC 9, Cycler S. TMG-50 - all AMAZING guns.

Tr have a great suite of a weapons.

This latest meme 'y no 200 dmg weapons' / 'gauss saw = god gun' is one of the sillier ones, given how blatant the game mechanics favour towards rate of fire in 80% of situations is.

Damage really isn't everything, especially not when its the difference of 24 or 57 increase.
    • Up x 1
  18. Gary

We also get less accuracy and incresed reload times. Also should note that the NC/VS Carbines that have 845 RPM and 143 damage have the very similar stats to the slower TR carbines which also only do 143 damage but fire slower..

It baffles me why the VS still get access to a 163 damage carbine despite not having any extra damage fall off... They are not a hard hitting faction yet they get access to one, the TR are not a hard hitting faction and do not get access to one. The TR are a faction about getting the rounds down range and we lack an 845 RPM Carbine, The NC who are about slow hard hitting weapons get a 143 carbine that has 845 RPM...

So the NC/VS get huge versatility and variation to play and get a weapon that feels exactly how they want, the TR are forced into a 143 damage pool with slower fire rates. We simply lack options...
    • Up x 3
  19. Malsvir Vishe

Honestly, the Lynx is a dream to manage due to its diagonal right recoil pattern. That ADS speed hardly matters from what I've seen. Jaguar's better for hipfire and Lynx is better for ADS.
  20. ClickMe

Since you're complaining about GD-7F, it has worse COF (on the move), worse hipfire COF, same short reload and higher COF bloom (like all NC weapons) compared to Jag.

Jag might not have as much dps, but it's just a better gun. Period.
    • Up x 4