Sparrow Cannot Go Live

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Varben, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Varben

Dual AV Turret arms are too much. They are accurate and fast, as well as being attached to an armoured target that can take a lot of punishment. This is a bad idea.
    • Up x 2
  2. RyGy

It doesn't do as much damage as the AV MANA turret, or at least it didnt seem to though i only played with it briefly. it definitely needs a capped range much shorter than the turret
  3. Ash87

It isn't as much the AV turret, as it is the Phoenix, without the camera.

It's damage might need to be scaled back a little bit, but at the same time I'm still not sure. I'd like to see how these new max weapons actually do against armor. In the past, maxes couldn't survive long against armor. What worries me, is that the NC Max shield ability could mean that you could work around the enemy armor and then Captain Jack it into oblivion.
  4. joshua

All the MAX weapons on test server are nowhere near their final tuning values.
    • Up x 15
  5. razgriz417

That's good to hear, giving the sparrow an extended mag that makes it go from 1 to 5 is overkill in its current state. Also there seems to be a bug with the NC max shield right now, if you put it away without it being drained you cannot fire.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tobax

Please for the love of god just remove the max nade arms, its like adding the thumper from PS1 but for maxes, all you need is an engineer ammo box and your set, please don't tell me damage isn't final because that doesn't matter, its just endless spam.
    • Up x 5
  7. Ash87

Played a little more with it today

The Sparrow

Harasser: 4 hits side
    MBT: 8 hits
    Lightning: 4 hits
    Sunderer: 7 hits
    ESF: 3 hits
    Infantry: 2 hits
    Max: 3 hits

The fracture

Lightning: 21 hits
    MBT: 33 hits
    Sunderer: 24 hits
    Infantry: 3 hits
    ESF: 11 hits
    Max: 12 hits
  8. Ripshaft

Should be pretty dang obvious these are just placeholder effects... the vs arms are literally dual lancers... exact same stats... and yet people think these are the real deal... sigh.. =/
  9. Garmr

Not sure if you've tried the new vanu AV weapon, but it can instagib MAX suits and vanguards.
  10. Jezs

>implying that SOE will come up with something original
    • Up x 3
  11. BadLlama

Anchor + Bursters Arms aren't going to work together right? Or are only TR allowed to have all the nice things these days?
  12. Flukeman62

*looks at pheonix* well actually... *sees striker* never mind...
    • Up x 6
  13. Qaz

that's what i thought! if i may ... the main concern with these things atm is damage + range. seeing how maxes are best at close range, it'd be great if any of the AV weapons they have would go out to maybe ... 300m at most?
  14. sLoP0101

Yes, ALL of the nice things... You know, had the original AA max weapons been kept this wouldn't have been a problem.
  15. Phazaar

This is not a MAX revamp. It's a MAX buff, whilst MAX is still the highest scoring unit in game. There is no need for more AV, nade launchers, or a buff to Burster arms (ZOE+Lockdown). I -beg- of you to remove this before it becomes untenable to support the game any further.
  16. Phazaar

This is not a MAX revamp. It's a MAX buff, whilst MAX is still the highest scoring unit in game. There is no need for more AV, nade launchers, or a buff to Burster arms (ZOE+Lockdown) - much less one that is faction specific! I -beg- of you to remove this before it becomes untenable to support the game any further.
  17. SpaceKing

Score != power

Honestly, I don't think the PTS MAX weapons are so bad.
    The flamethrowers suffer from the 'dead-zone' problem though :/
    I don't think the grenade-spam cannon is so bad, if you don't notice 1 grenade on the minimap, you're gonna notice 8.

But like our friendly neighborhood dev said, they're still not done, and subject to change.
    • Up x 1
  18. NoctD

Its not even their final tuning values. You have 2 factions getting weapons that are dumbfire, and 1 faction gets a laser guided weapon?

Laser guided > dumbfire. No amount of tuning values is going to fix that unless the Sparrow does next to no damage, which would make them in turn useless.

Not sure how you guys are going to fix this one, but as you can tell, there's a rather big balance problem here.
    • Up x 1
  19. Raun Paru

Wow, people already crying nerf NC buff TR VS is fine. Or whatever the story is this time.

Sparrows is not OP when compared to the Fracture. You can kill a vanguard in one mag, under 5 seconds.
    If everyone is OP it's not OP anymore lol. I really hope SOE stops listening to everyone who hates dying and
    balances the game purely on objective data..
  20. Barana

Yeah, the damage on these things is a tad ridiculous. Though, SoE, whatever you do to them, keep that sound effect. I want my missiles to sound like whiffleballs of doom.