Population imbalance ruins being on Waterson.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SmokeMcCloud, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Slyguy65

Actually NC matches or outnumbers TR most of the time, TR RARELY get pop advantage...but when we do...ya you notice it.

But EVERY NIGHT NC literally get 10% pop on every other faction...yet they barely ever do anything with that pop...its funny.
  2. Skippytjc

Vanu population hardly means anything when half your weapons are OP and you have the devs on your side. I cant wait till the TR get the "server reset" button. How many certs does that cost?
    • Up x 1
  3. LibertyRevolution

Maybe at primetime.. not anytime else...
    Typical waterson Esamir alert:
    [IMG]
  4. Skullface360

Strangely it has gotten a bit better last couple of nights for VS population. We seem to have a couple of hours now were we actually reach the 30% total world population mark and that is after months of 25-27% tops. We now actually have a bit easier of a time to deal with multiple platoons on a single hex of a map now in alerts. Last night during the Amerish alert we fought well, tooth and nail, against the hordes pushing our borders. I enjoy the game when it is more balanced but it is strange how this game can cause me extreme stress when we are overwhelmed which is most of the time. I just can't get over losing territory that took us ages to get to some ghost capping baztards as easily as it happens. We take a place, move to the next, get into a slog and finally win but look at the map again the previous territory is gone again... yay.
  5. ArcKnight

Waterson
  6. ArcKnight

well you TR aren't much fun either

I'm NC
  7. chrisbeebops

If by rarely you mean every day, then yes I agree with you.

TR is pretty even with NC pop during primetime, maybe 1-2% in NC favor. In the off hours it is not uncommon to have 50% or more TR pop as the lemmings with no job log in to ghost cap.
  8. Ghosty11

9. Syphers

The game is good really but the lack of depth compared to the first one is problematic, just like other FPS you get bored after awhile and take a break which is not a good thing for a MMO. But SOE probably made this project with this in mind, allocating less ressources to the production. Still a good game but it could be much more
  10. Hobo Jack

How about vs just realize that they lost and surrender peacefully to the northern conglomerate? Maybe the population is imbalanced because they lost? Game over vs!
  11. InMedeasRage

Give players a 500-1000 bounty to change from a higher than average population server to a lower than average population server. And the problem was solved forever.
  12. Saintlycow

Hah, you have to be friggin' joking. We've had some of the best leadership on any server, and we still have it. You guys had freaking total bisquik playing on your side, ordering the might of TR, BRIT. Jaeger brought some competent TR, but the 90% of the original waterson is a headless zerg.

Don't get me wrong, there are good, organized TR, but they are few and far between.
  13. Advanced Darkness

VS needs all the cool alien stuff they have in Planetside 1. There still isn't enough of the old in game to make it worth being loyal to one faction or another. Especially VS. I hardly played VS in PS1 but I never forgot their motto. Technology equals Might. I thought it was great. Anyway need less 21st century shot guns and more lasers and plasma.
  14. Beta017

As a Waterson TR I can tell you this. During some of the alerts in the server had the VS win even though they were outnumbered 5 to 1.

The Vanu Sovereignty is outnumbered but not outgunned. You guys have very good weapons and as well great leadership. As for the NC all they do is zerg. Us TR are inbetween but I do see your issue.

Unfortunately the reason why VS is so unpopular in Waterson is the following

1. 60% of the TR came to Waterson for Total_Crumpet(TotalBiscuit)
    2. NC is full of idiots (Played as NC at least on other servers it was like that) or are just 4th factioners just farming kills with a Hacksaw MAX. While there are many good NC outfits (DVS in particular), NC will always be at 40%.
    3. Xenophobia. It's like the Covenant and the UNSC from Halo. Who are you going to pick? Aliens or Humans(Alien worshiping humans might I add for the Vanu.)
  15. WarpNaccele

I actually love what the pop imbalance has done to the VS, its made us more organized, also there's the fact that today during the indar alert(pop on indar was 33% each empire), we won with ~50% of indar, stop complaining and l2p.
  16. LibertyRevolution

VS guns are not better... the people that are playing VS are better players..
    The underdog team will normally have the players that want a challenge, so they tend to be better players in the first place.

It takes a better player to choose to play for the team that is outnumbered 5 to 1..
    If your a bad player, being outnumbered is no fun, it will just get you dead over and over again until you switch to the winning team.
    • Up x 1
  17. m44v

Changing stuff in the game isnt' going to solve anything, I was thinking in playing VS but already too invested in my NC toon, even if they nerf my faction I'm not going to switch. The best way to fix it is by getting new players to join VS more, and for that I guess VS has to be more about transhumanism with alien tech and less about dudes in purple spandex.
    • Up x 1
  18. 660/12

Give free cert / sc refunds for folks who switch to seriously underpopped factions. Boom, done.
  19. Munf

He's not.

[IMG]
    DIRECTLINK: http://i.imgur.com/OcOSMRf.jpg
  20. Pat Cleburne

I've heard that from VS players countless times since launch. I say again. The devs should give an open weapons week where every faction can use any other factions weapons so we can put this to the test.