Terran Republic underpowered?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xArchAngelx, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malsvir Vishe

0/10 for trolling. The factions are close to having their balance.

Teamwork is now OP.
  2. meucha

That's harsh. I could have gotten at least 1/10...
  3. Malsvir Vishe

Okay fine. I'll give you a 2.5. :p
  4. Jachim

If they want the mercy to be good, they need to buff it a bit accuracy-wise at range. I like how the damage doesn't fall off, but... yeah.
  5. Grayson

TR underpowered?
    Dafuq is this sh*t?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Kaktwox

TR is the only faction that has any right to say it is underpowered. Infantry weapons fall far behind the other 2 factions due to their horrible accuracy. Why is it that the other factions have the ability to cert into our faction trait while keeping their benefits? We also recently seen the removal of flinch making one of our faction traits useless and also the increased the clip size for the other factions.

To say we have the best ESF is laughable. A properly certed Reaver or Sythe will outperform a Mossie any day. Like everything else for the TR the Mossie is just average.

We once had a good MBT, but too many people cried so they took that away from us and left us driving something that can hardly go 1 v. 1 with infantry.

We are and will continue to see a major decline in TR population due to these poor game balancing decisions. Good luck when Battlefield 4 comes out.

P.S: Thanks for the bonus nerf to our Max. You did nothing to properly balance the NC Max and then with the next update made TR's even worst.
    • Up x 5
  7. Scorponok

yea nobody touches the Higby army :D we are here to stay...so on that note you can prettly easily see weapons like GD-7F wich kicks *** like nothing else...is still untouched as well..they should take away any high ROF weapons from NC....they are not Known as lore for having that....
    • Up x 1
  8. pnkdth

TR/VS accuracy is almost identical, only showing signs of slight variations across certain weapons, and attachments also varies. You also have 10 more bullets per magazine in your ARs and carbines, as well as larger SMG magazines. TR players have no cause to whine about infantry balance. Neither VS or NC have anything that even comes close to your assault rifles and carbines. 10 more rounds per mag makes a massive difference. Not to mention you have the coveted 0.75x movement mod on the LC2 and LC3, which makes them bar none the beast CQC carbine in the game. That said, it doesn't mean it is unfair or anything. VS and NC also have areas where they are strong(NC MAXes, and VS LMGs come to mind), and then there are weapons which blend faction traits.

The worst thing you can say about the infantry balance currently is that is gradually becoming dull and streamlined. Then again, I blame the community completely for that one. Asymmetrical balance appear to be a foreign concept to most PS2 players.

As for ESFs, I don't get why people say the mossie is OP. The difference between the ESFs are so small, but that's hyperbole for you. Either an ESF is UP or OP, it can never be balanced. MBTs is the same story. Looking at stats sheets and so on may still put the prowler ahead but isn't by much. Certainly not enough for SOE to crazy with the nerf bat.

Again though, the community for this game is complete ****. Hyperbole is the only way people seem to be able to communicate through which leads to pointless buffs/nerfs. Sadly the reasonable and logical posts are drowned out by ragequitting baddies.
  9. Phazaar

And yet performing highest in most classes+vehicles, and second highest in all others...

Your weapons perform best or second best in almost every category. They're easier to use, but have a lower skill ceiling. That's an unfortunate part of the design. You have a huge advantage in 10 extra bullets per clip, that every GD-7F/V-whatever it is user would absolutely kill for. You have the easiest to use default LMG. You have the absolute best backup pistol. You have the highest performing ESRL. You have the highest performing tank. You have the best (perhaps second best, but not really the general consensus) dogfighting ESF. You have the best MAX. It's so hard being 'ehh', isn't it...
  10. Phazaar

I can't see any ability to cert into extra magazine size for carbines, ARs, SMGs, LMGs or RLs that you don't have a superior version of. ROF is not your trait; it's a cosmetic. Higher clip size making ROF more sustainable is your trait, and it's unbelievably good.

The flinch change doesn't make your faction trait useless, it makes our faction trait viable, whereas before everyone had to use ROF in order to flinchlock, now you can choose between irritating but slow flinching (like the SAW) or high DPS, good hipfire, low flinch like the CARV etc.

What increased clip size of other factions? Hallucinating more conspiracy theories again?
  11. Herrick

A faction trait that forces you to fire in bursts if you want to hit anything.

TR is the schizophrenic faction.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ganelon

SPH is a worthless statistic, if we had to go by that we'd have to buff common pool weapons just for the NC because they have a lower SPH with them than other factions.
    • Up x 5
  13. Kaktwox

So how can I cert my guns into having more damage or better range and accuracy? In your own words you can keep a superior version but can you please tell me how I can do that at all?
    • Up x 2
  14. Chiss

Yeah, your mediocre ESF is so bad.
    Your MBT is also terrible.
    Your high ROF accurate weapons are also just terrible.

You should switch to NC for sure.
  15. Phazaar

Exactly. You can't, and I can't. You're actually proving my point.

My GD-7F will always have 10 less rounds than your Lynx/Jag. Can't cert up to compete.

The Solstice will always have half the reload time that either of us get on our weapons, and no bullet drop to boot. Can't cert up to compete.

Your MSW-R (whatever it's called; forgive me, hate the bastard thing almost as much as the SAW) will always have 1 tier less damage than my SAW. Can't cert up to compete.

If you'd like to cert into more range or accuracy though, grab yourself a Laser Sight, Foregrip, Compensator, HV Ammo, SP ammo or whatever fits on your gun to your best advantage. Voila.
  16. Phazaar

I'm fine with that.

Hahaha jokes aside, it's entirely not a worthless statistic, otherwise, I'd quite like a weapon that gives me 1 million SPH please. No need for balancing. SPH is the best indicator of player usefulness at the moment. It's not perfect, and has some HUGE flaws in places, but its a huge amount better than K/D. Statistics is all about compromises.

But don't worry, the TR weapons+vehicles also tend to win out on kills/hour and vehicle kills/hour, so all is still well in the EZ mode world of TR.
  17. nitram1000

Is it April 1st? No? Then you must be high.
  18. Separatists

same thing applies to the NC and VS ESRL.
  19. Separatists

this post was made yesterday, we were all high.
  20. Strykar

Who isn't UP? TR UP, VS UP, NC UP. Errbody UP man.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.