Bring back Infiltrators showing up on IRNV

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Belarod, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Shockwave44

It detects heat. Why is the infiltrator any different?
  2. RobotNinja

Lol, right? On low settings, you can actually see Infiltrators easier and at farther ranges than you can with IRNV.
  3. Netham

Yeah! Bring back a 30 cert scope completely nullifying an already weak class ability! Infiltrators OP now that I cant see them with my scope but they are still easily visible without it and easily heard!
    RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE!
    • Up x 3
  4. Scan

OP is just mad his Jetpack now sounds as loud as our cloaking device.

Believe you me, they've made the INF as weak as they possibly could, without making them totally unplayable.

Therefore, the only way is up for the INF, and sadly for you my friend, the other classes will get some nerfs to balance things out.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ravenorth

Being able to completely nullify one class main ability with 30 cert optic is utterly stupid and really bad game design. If it ever happens again then it should be just fair to add similar 30 cert tools against other classes, which are able to nullify their special abilities just as easy as the NV Scope.

How would HA like bullets that completely ignore their shield?
    Or would LA and Medics like a device that makes them unable to use their ability at certain proximity when the player have an eye contact to them while ads?

No more shield protection, flying or self healing against players who have these tools, wouldn't that be nice?

I dont think so.
  6. Belarod

Hey, I'm fine with the Jetpack sounds. It makes sense, it should make noise when I hurl myself into the air (Yes, I'm one of the few that went one the test server to try this out before hand, I don't have a problem with it) I like things to make sense. I don't think it's an unreasonable suggestion. Not everyone is going to run around with INRV scopes, or be looking through them all the times. I like the compromise others posted about only moving Infiltrators should be spotted. I'm just saying if you know an Infiltrator is there somewhere, there needs to be something I can do other then wait for them to uncloak and shoot me in the back before I can even turn around.

And sorry playing the game on sub par standards (Low setting) is a poor answer even if it did make a difference, which it doesn't seem to for me.
  7. LibertyRevolution

I am just going to start playing on low...
    The guy is 10m in front of me moving and I can't make out where he is, he is completely invisible under INRV on high as it is now.
    You are better off not using ADS, which is garbage unless your running an SMG.
  8. Phazaar

I think more importantly they need to balance the cloak so that it's EITHER hopeless against people on high settings just like it is against people on low settings, or virtually invisible to people on low settings just like it is to people on high. Right now, the disadvantage on ultra high settings vs infiltrators actively pisses me off. Can we not for once have a game that actually favours people who invest in gaming, instead of those trying to squeeze this game out of a 5 year old rig with ISDN?
  9. VexTheRaven

How about we make it so they show up subtly, just like for every other scope, instead of being totally invisible? I hate dieing to an infiltrator that I saw coming because I couldn't ADS to kill him.
  10. EvilPhd

This ability used to be unique to the IR/NV.
    What the heck happened?
  11. jm20

Spawn a radar flash, use proximity mines, spawn a max, or all three. Infiltrators do have counters.
  12. COMMANDER K33N

>complains about invisible infiltrators shooting him in the back
    >implying their cloak makes this a more effective tactic
    >implying that infiltrators are the only ones who can use SMGs
    >implying only infiltrators can shoot people in the back
    >implying you wouldn't hear their cloak when they activate and deactivate it
    >implying you couldn't beat them in CQC with your increased health
    >implying you would walk around with an IRNV ADSing all the time
    >implying you can't see cloaked infiltrators
    >implying I can greentext on SOE forums
    >mfw

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Castile

Infiltrators don't appear on radar when cloaked, fyi.

The whole point of the thread is that if you've got the IR/NV scope equipped on your infantry gun infiltrators are even MORE invisible than if you were not using the scope at all. This leaves you at something of an awkward situation where you're forced to hipfire a gun that likely shouldn't be hip-fired. Yeah, you can switch out to your pistol instead but that will only help if you are already aware of the infiltrator's presence.

Now don't get me wrong, I think that it's actually kind of cool that there is a counter to the IR/NV, but I feel like it needs to be limited in some way. Like others have said, a reduced visiblity for cloaked infils yet still visible enough for a trained eye to catch, or perhaps change it back to full visibility for cloaked infiltrators with the exception of being 100% invisible while cloaked in a smokescreen. That would provide an interesting counter for smoke grenade spam + IR/NV squads

Finally, I'm perfectly ok with infiltrators being invisible on vehicle scopes. Their only counter to vehicles is to kill the driver, and it's entirely the driver's fault if they stop to repair somewhere close enough for infantry to walk up to them.
  14. XRIST0

NV scope is ruined , you cant see infiltrators while they are cloaked .. With every other scope you can , dam QQ'ers ruin this game .
  15. BloodFang

The thing is, while the IRNV scope did allow you to see a cloaked infiltrator, you personally as a soldier, especially if you're running in something like a heavy assault, lost alot of effective combat distance because your scope didn't allow you to see as far as others would. Even the basic 1x scope would be better for general combat.

But the combination of a cloak and SMG is a lethal combination. If they get the drop on you, and they will get the drop on you, unless they decloak hugging your muzzle you're dead without any chance to respond. The reason people certed into the IR/NV was to accept this trade off to gain the ability for better visuals and target location at close range. Unless I'm mistaken, the Infiltrator class also gives off body heat and should thus be detectable by IR/NV. That's what the IR part stands for, Infra Red (if you're not sure what that is Google it. But if you've ever seen a police show where the helicopter switches its camera so everything goes grey and anything giving out heat is highlighted in white, that's IR).

As someone who plays on low graphics, I can say that I usually do not spot cloaked infiltrators. Heck, if friendly infiltrator didn't have their nameplate above their head I wouldn't see them either. I personally think IR/NV should be able to see cloaked infiltrators, you've made a sacrifice of effective combat distance to gain an advantage at close range. However this is not infallible. The majority of the issue appears to come from infiltrator who want to run through enemy ranks with impunity, whip around and blast people in the bum. No, that's not going to happen. If you're playing infiltrator learn to be tactical, skirt the battle, dive in and out like a hawk then run away to recover. That's your tactic. Not the BS where you try to run through a crowd of enemies and QQ when you die.

EDIT: Thinking about it, Vanu Infiltrators are even harder to spot because of their colour scheme, even more so at night when they're cloaked. It's a little ridiculous.

NS Infils appear white when cloaked
    TR Infils appear black with red stripes when cloaked
    WS Infils appear dark purple (so basically a shadow).

Yeeeeah. So even within the Infils the classes aren't balanced.
  16. Mythicrose12

If the infiltrators had a true invisibility cloak, I'd agree. Currently looking for the motion blur when/if you hear the noise suffices. You may spot them, you may not. Your own situational awareness, the infiltrator's skill level, and chaos around the battlefield (or lack there of) are key elements. Currently I am more prone to die to sniper infiltrators than SMG equipped infiltrators simply because I find it much harder to find where the sniper is (providing he/she has a suppressor equipped).
  17. Zan_Aus

Actually yes you can, you just aren't looking hard enough. Besides, with the tunnel vision and limited range only an imbecile would run around ADS with a NV scope.
  18. LibertyRevolution

Um... What are you talking about?
    They are 100% completely invisible under HSNV on ALL settings:
    • Up x 1
  19. Malsvir Vishe

People are saying the IRNV loses effectiveness against all other classes? Use an S variant weapon, smoke nades, IRNV, a compensator, and the ammo of your choice. Bonus points for engineer for infinite smoke ammo. Do you know how few people run IRNV and pick reflex?
  20. Jex =TE=

Didn't they say they were going to work on this class next as it had been completely ignored by the team.