Game update 07 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tomahawk72, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Jadith

Lol, I thought the same thing, until I caught sight of how good that female VS posterior looks in that getup. Best reason to play VS medic? You stand in the back :p
    • Up x 1
  2. PS2Freak

spot-on!
  3. Jadith

THANK YOU!!! I thought I was the only one that noticed this. It is effectively a nerf until your target gets to around like 80 meters, or something very close to that, which is well outside the effective range of these weapons.

In other news, the dual Comets have faster killing potential than the Decimator now. Don't believe me? Jump in VR and start timing how fast you can kill between the two. Only drawback? The Decimator allows you to achieve maximum killing power while still allowing for better use of cover. Comet will fill the gap, quite nicely, between lancer/lock on range and dumbfire range for most effective AV weapons (barring the turret ofc).

Magriders, wow. They are now practically at the level they were in January. Remember when all kinds of people were saying it was a bad idea to significantly nerf one side while significantly buffing the other? Here we have come full circle. Not that Tank v. Tank matters in the slightest anymore. Using air or tank assets to fight tanks is just asking for infantry to chew you up while you are distracted with silly armor push.

The MAX AI weapon changes were mostly about building confidence and making us feel better about them. On the other hand, SOE might have discovered they can balance in smaller increments to avoid drastically overshooting the balance line. We'll just have to see.
  4. WarCrane

the color
  5. Ogedai

Yes for people that wants to kill lightassults easily its great
  6. Ogedai

Oh yes! I've been very worried since they anounced this that they would boost the min-dmg and keep the range. But this is a very nice nerf indeed.
  7. Frosty The Pyro

Duel commets have always had faster killing potential than the decimator. duel max AV has always had a LOT of DPS. Way more than any HA launcher. Even with the DPS nerf of the facon (and likely dps nerf of the commets, I need get their refire rate to tell for sure) they will still outperform any single HA launcher except posibly with rear armor shots were the aditional burst compared to the exceptionaly vulnerability of rear armor may bring the HA launcher ahead.

pretty sure VS slugs, like VS shot, did not suffer from extra damage degridation compared to the TR and NC versions, instead they had (have) a 25m/s (~8%) slower projectile velocity. Similarly VS SMGs also had identical damage degridation to NC and TR while retaining their 0 drop mechanics.
  8. Gearlock

As someone who has spent countless hours lobbing explosive projectiles at an alarming speed towards my enemies cranium from the luxury of my well armed, azure, robotic pants-suit, I can say "its probably needed"

Dual falcon is my go-to loadout for any major battle that isnt indoors. it was crazy as it was, and I knew it would be adjusted (nerfed).
    The other maxxes needed their AV options brought up to snuff, and they just polished ours with a bit more balancing.

And, really, at the end of the day... I'll still go to the crown on a weekend, and still pull a 20+ kill streak with the falcon with relative ease.

I will not accomplish that with the TR pounder *shudder*. Did they make that thing shoot un-******** yet? I feels like you are firing 2 oven mitts through a cross eyed turret.
    TR pounder needed love, but I dont know about the VS option. I wear pants, not skirts.
  9. Eyeklops

Should be all good then.