[Video] TRAM The Defense of Scarred Mesa Skydock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Cowabunga

The footage was captured by Hadouken of the Freelancers Union on Miller.
    TR had the continental lock on Indar for the third day straight - We were facing combined arms of VS and NC forces. The footage depicts our push towards the west of Scarred Mesa Skydock and our final stand at the base itself. We held the base the entire night, fighting off the enemy armada and keeping the continental lock for the glory of the Terran Republic.

Thanks to all the outfits envolved in TRAM:
    BMC
    BRTD
    CLF
    DEIM
    FDS
    FU
    Goon
    GZC
    JAM
    LFM
    MOX
    NM
    OCB
    OC
    PCG
    POPL
    Ruffnex
    SOV
    TU
    TAW
    TO
    • Up x 10
  2. hypermatic

so you defended the easiest base in the game to defend with your entire pop and abused strikers

...grats? why is this even a video
    • Up x 3
  3. desktop

Imagine the exact same thing but all the TR maxs are locked down and throwing out twice the damage.
    • Up x 4
  4. TWFTwilight

Get lost...

To bad I missed this event.
    Thanks for the great footage.
  5. Sciva

Oh look, NC and VS failing yet again.
  6. BeefySleet

Sweet, but your a few days late... we already did this on Mattherson ;)

Silly VS/NC.
  7. desktop

This was from about two weeks ago during the double xp weekend. id also like to mention we had the place triple locked for the beginning of that weekend.
  8. Fenrisk

This is the only real problem with this game. ^^^^ The above players.

Post anything remotely positive and you get flamed. It's a nice change to see gameplay footage on the forums instead of the whine fest that's constantly spammed.
    • Up x 2
  9. Codeak

idk why you needed so many outfits, ive defended scarred with just as much opposition as you and i was alone
  10. Cowabunga

We were not all there - I mentioned all the members of TRAM because they keep the TR community alive on Miller. :) TRAM is one for all and all for one. That is what TRAM is all about.
  11. Killy80

I'll help you to understand their motivation.

TRAM is an alliance of the worst players of the whole game. Not only they take Indar with > 60% population at night (that's why they are called TR A. M.), they then brag about it in virtually every /yell conversation and never mention the time they took it again.
    When TRAM encounters an even sized force, they lose horribly. They counter by gathering massive forces. When they capture a base, the zerg moves on just to have the base capped behind their backs by a single guy.

I hope that clarifies some things.

EDIT: Proof: See post above this one.
    • Up x 2
  12. Fenrisk

I play on Cobalt.
  13. nella

Just too many smaller outfits in EU. Every English speaking outfit could merge into bigger ones. I much prefer the US way of handling outfits, a lot of big ones that can actually make a difference in battles. I actually prefer playing on Mattherson with 100 ping for that reason alone.

Three days playing on Mattherson and I've already seen a lot of organised action from AT, TE, AOD and many other outfits that you don't see on Miller anymore.
  14. Hovis

You have to admire the ability of the TR to sink down to the most broken base and then just pack it with bodies. Really clever strategy. You guys are like the Duke of Wellington or something.
  15. Cowabunga

You don't see on miller? If you are part of a TRAM outfit we run a lot of events. :) But can only speak for TR side.
  16. nella

Yeah, TRAM functions as one large outfit. But the outfits on VS & NC are good for ghost capping and nothing else. Basically just semi organised squads ghost capping and sometimes leading or following the zerg.
  17. FightingFirst

The server really couldnt take that many players. I think I was playing on that night @ Scarred Messa and you could stand on the edge of one landing pad and infatry would not render to the otherside. Battles that size just arent fun as the engine cant handle the amount of players in one spot without culling down the render distance to a stupid distance. If it could then it would be epic.
  18. Laraso

So it takes the TR 21 different outfits to hold a base? I'm not impressed.
  19. Cowabunga

This video shows TRAM defending the Indar cont lock against both factions teaming up against us. It was a battle that went down in Miller history as an epic one! Nothing more nothing less :) Great fighting all night and our enemies were great opponents.
    • Up x 1
  20. Killy80

Where's the part showing that we couldn't repair our sundies which eventually exploded, making the game a jogging simulator for us while you happily spawned at the objective? Oh TRAM...