If you had 1000 cert points right now, what would you get?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptainCthulhu, Apr 8, 2013.

1. YamiNoTenshi

Got about 3k certs and no idea what to get :(
  2. Gustavo M

Make It "If you had 1000 SC, what would you get?". Then we will talk.
  3. Tilen

If you haven't already, fully upgrade your medic tool. Tonnes of certs to be had there.
    • Up x 1
  4. MaxDamage

Probably put some into a mossie dogfighting frame.
  5. Wrek

i have a 1000 i dont spend but keep as a bank. that way if that one superb awesome thign i want comes by i can isntantly get it.
    • Up x 1
  6. siiix

i made a list quite some time ago, i just go what ever is next:

besides what i already had

surrender
    -proximity repair 2350 (1000 remaining)

engineer:
    -utility pouch 3100 (2500 remaining)
    -c4 700 (500 remaining)
    -tank mine 700 (done)

HA
    -munition pouch 3 1000
    -c4 700 (500 remaining)

squad leader
    -beacon 1000 remaining

max
    -kinetic armor 2250

total remaining: 8500

so this was "why", i guess the next 1000 i would go with 2x 500 C4 or the last level of proximity repair for 1000
    i dont buy weapons with certs

i have 11000 no idea what to get ... certs are WAY more valuable to me
    i can get SC for about 2.5x anytime... so 1000sc ~ $3.80 thats nothing
  7. Fabien

HA! Guys come one! Get extended ammo clips for the AA guns on your MAX. Nothing like being the only AA unit in a good fight. Lots of XP to be made, if you stick to it you'll get your 1k certs back from those. Just learn to lead and read flight patterns.

Now about those physics... :confused:
  8. Laurentiuss

2nd AA gun for the MAX, but mabe I will buy this with SC since it is account wide for all characters (is this true?)

next thing with certs will be too max out the enginer tool (500 certs)

recently I died much to often due rocked pods. maybe I will get them for me too.
  9. Regpuppy

Honestly? The AV mana turret is a good buy, if you're willing to switch to infantry for anti tank. It can basically snipe vehicles at render distance and it's guide by wire. If you max it out and learn to use the guiding mechanic, it is arguably more broken than any other AV weapon out there since its range is limited by what you can render. The only issue being snipers and air, but you can ditch it mid shot and the rocket will still head towards where the reticle was pointing.

Really though, it depends on what you play most and what you already have.
    --------

If we're asking what I'd get with 1000 certs? Well, I have most of what I want. So I'd probably get magazine upgrades for both flak guns on my max. Probably the most useful investment to be made right now.
  10. BH Brigade

How do you get it for 2.5x anytime? Do you work for SOE? :D
  11. YamiNoTenshi

I've already maxed my medic and repair tools and the ammo pack :(
  12. NikkoJT

You could get the Striker. I hear it's pretty good.
    Assault Rifles are a pretty decent investment too, or SMGs.
  13. Zinus

And how is a f2p player supposed to get guns then :D?

I got meh a skyguard!!! So far it isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, i even got 3 sundies 2 lightnings and a magy. From air i managed to snipe a retrreating lib and blew up 5 scythes who were sure they could rocket pod me (those rockets did almost no damage from front, i guess only splash hit me, but then again lightning is supposed to move). After that i had to go away so i haven't been playing for a week, wanna get back to my skyguard "anti-nothing" lightning :D
  14. Regpuppy

The problem with the lightning is that one salvo will murder you from the sides. Half will murder you from the rear. ESF's also go -much- faster than you, so if they're aware of where you are, you have little chance of out-tanking them in that game of chicken... That and the fact you're defenseless against ground units and the Flak max is far superior in comparison
  15. Astealoth

i'd upgrade my nanoweave 4 to nanoweave 5 on my infiltrator SMG spec.
  16. Nickhead420

I'd definitely get the final levels of jump jets and medic tool. Buying weapons with certs is such a waste IMO. Even a top tier member with a 50% boost active is going to take at least 5 hours to get 1000 certs. Most average players will take roughly 15-20 hours of play to reach that goal. Spend a week grinding certs to get a weapon only to find out that the weapon you used to get all those certs works better because now you have no certs to deck out your new weapon, and now you need 230 more certs to get all the attachments. Or buy the weapon (for $7) and use certs for the things that are really helpful. At 5-20 hours buying weapons with certs is like saying your time is worth $0.35-$1.40 an hour.
  17. SolLeks

@ 800 / 1000 certs, just got the last upgrade for my vortex (yay +3 rounds). The next 1k is going to become 1 min less on its cooldown (maxed ftw). Then I will work on flaires (2 / 4 currently) and go from there.
  18. Hodo

A life.
  19. xGreedFuSioN

The cap for certs is 10k.
    You lie :3
  20. siiix

codes from the video card, there are 100's if not 1000's floating around on the internet from people who dont play the game