Hate this game so much

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Ripshaft

I'll simplify to the point of absurdity.

There's two potential reasons on why this is the case:

1. The game is fun and yet you do not view it as such.
    2. The game is not fun and you cant seem to pull yourself away.

Neither of these problems have anything to do with the game.
  2. Kaon1311

I was getting a bit frustrated with the game too.

Had a few spare certs as i had been rolling in my prowler (now retired) pre-nerf. Spent them on my infiltrator and got an SMG.
    Most fun i have had since launch, (in terms of fun, imo, Infil is the nost op class) yes shotties are a pain in the ar!e with me shooting someone in the back, them spinning and jumping around like an epileptic frog and OHK me with a lucky shot, but everyone is in that boat atmo.
    Try something new, there are a lot of different classes and lots of gameplay options for some of them.

Started the game as HA only, never tried anything else. Then tried LA for a bit. Tried and enjoyed engy and prowler, now 90% time im a sneaky sod, 10% im flying with my LA, mix it up?
    So many classes and ways to play them. I may even learn to fly one day.

Or maybe take a break? Come back after a few weeks.
  3. siiix

yeah game play feel like any other BORING FPS now :(

pretty much the only reason i still play is because i already spent so much on the game, if i would played free i would just uninstall the game now

people where complaining about zerging, now its now more teamplay at all , its random infabtry running around, protecting a few scattered surrenders... its insane.. i do not understand , does SOE not play they own game that they cant tell how much the game blows now ?!
  4. siiix

that was months ago, its exactly the opposite now, what is even the point of being in a platoon ?! there is no strategic advantage anymore
  5. Zorro

They still used infantry; however, those infantry remained behind the tanks, holding territory that was gained. The point he was making was that infantry is necessary for any defense and for most offenses. Blitzkriegs do not invalidate this, as infantry were simply used to follow up on the tanks. One can think of the tank thrusts as the spearhead, and the infantry as the shaft of the lance.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jogido

Well, you're not the only one who's played a lot of FPS games. I think you're confused on what skill is. Twitch and reflexes is certainly part of skill....along with situation awareness, gun handling, split sec decisions, accurate aiming, etc..

I've seen a lot of other games with easier snipping....ones with no bullet drop, instant hits, and one hit kills to the bodies.

True, the shotguns are designed to be powerful close range and you can get some easy runs in bases...but I find a big aspect of that is the quality of the other players. I find that a large amount of ps2 players are not that good. Maybe average.

That said, maybe you should try not using a shotgun if you find it too easy for you. I see most of your kills are Shoguns, Rocket Pods, and the Prowler. Admittedly, PS2 has certain things that can get some easier kills and those are pretty much up there.

I guess I'll clarify my original opinion a little. PS2 has a lot of skill based gun mechanics going for it...but it also has a few things that can fall under easy mode on the battle field. ;)

As you mention in your original post you're not having fun because your getting wasted. Not sure what to say since except for the occasional "wth I died so fast that time", I am not sharing your experience. Maybe bad luck? I guess your complaint about skill is more toward how you feel you are dying too easy?

We have our share of medium/long gun battles on my server. and they are pretty fun. Maybe the players on your server have a different style.

(not sure what you meant by "redundant"....did you mean "pointless"?)

I tries out Red Orchestra 1 and didn't like it. maybe one day i'll try 2 :p
    • Up x 1
  7. siiix

d3mn i clicked reply on the wrong entry and now i cant edit :) ooops
  8. ps2x518

beta should have been extended by about 6 months so they could have worked on balance and other things. We're basically human guinea pigs now. They massively nerf and buff things out of the blue; things we've spent hard earned money on. If they had waited and gotten balanced 90% correct during beta we would have only seen minor adjustments after release. But no, it's SOE so this is what we have to deal with.
  9. RockHarder

I got alpha squad so I could support the game despite having a beta invite already; I've spent a decent amount of money on various upgrades.

The game has been turned into a heavy assault infantry fest, with vehicles pushed to the sidelines, because of the enormous amount of troll CoD children who whined incessantly.

Now, you have a game that appeals to those CoD children - who have already moved on, being fickle and having spent no money - while you have completely alienated the core audience. I have logged in maybe once in the past month. My outfit won't be supporting the game with any further purchases unless (and this is unlikely) SoE wakes up and starts fixing all the horrible balancing decisions they have made.
  10. RockHarder

oh, and dont post anything complaining about the foolish direction SoE has taken the game, they'll just delete your post

these guys do not deserve your money, and theyre getting no more of mine
  11. Hatamoto

sure it does, its just it has some severe performance issues that sometimes hampers your skills greatly
  12. TheBillOf3D

Well you all might just be seeing revolving tactics. When one thing tends to win, a lot of people will copy until someone thinks of a way to beat it and then they all float to that method. Wash, rinse, repeat. Like cage fighting. It was once novel with all different tactics going against each other to see who one out. Now everyone trains for mma. It looks like a bunch of guys hugging each other until one gives up. So SOE can be praised/blamed and keep shifting the balance of this by altering weapons and keeping everyone on their toes. But the masses that play it are also shifting this. If infantry is winning in one period, that will last until a group figures out a way to farm infantry when they try it. Just like generals have their butts handed to them when they become predictable to their adversary. But for the lone soldier, these shifts can feel like an eternity. I will say last night was my worst ever. We warpgated the other two factions and yet my own play seemed pathetic and insignificant. I did finally catch my mojo but I should have just quit the game, grab some fat crayons, and just pretended I was an artist instead.
  13. omega4

Except in PS2's case, tanks are the RUBBER tip of the spear. They don't hurt at all.
  14. FateJH

What kind of tea do you have?
  15. KRE8R125

He did. He came to the forum to whine about it.
  16. Gustavo M

Truth be told, the fun lies on yourself being as much as an awshole and cheapass possible, having fun on someone who Is at a clear disadvantage on you and using his "unfortunate situation" as your will. So another person can be as cheap as you were and have fun over your dead body.
    Cheesy game Is cheesy.
  17. Lucidius134

some crappy mint tea nothing special
  18. iller

Tea is awesome.

It never did.... atleast not at release. It was arguably WORSE at release b/c there was heavy flinching and almost no refinements like we're starting to see now. Everything was literally spray and pray LMG tag in close quarters. It still kinda is and they still need to do something profound to change that. Outflanking people in such porous bases does not make you skilled at gunplay. Getting 2-3 headshots on someone 10ft away with easy-mode tracking does not make you skilled at gunplay. Killing anyone in less than 1 second does not make you skilled at gunplay when the average TTK's for an 80% shot connection streak is 0.55 seconds.

---> "Skilled gunplay", ever since the days of Quake, TF, RTCW, 007, Unreal, Tribes, etc... was about positioning & resource management too. It was always possible to fake out an opponent, exploit their firing patterns to evade between bursts, and take FULL advantage of every little nuance or randomness that happened in those 3-5 second battles. It remained fast paced without being rote & luck based.

This game's just a COD clone in all those aspects which became popular explicitly because bad players are more responsive to gambling & are too easily frustrated by those other exact mechanics that added real interaction between dueling and 2 on 1's. IOW: the COD style is all about removing deeper inter-personal interaction and teamwork between players. It's a pattern that's consistent in all of the worst parts of the junkfood "online" lifestyle. It's basically Corporations turning a once interactive medium back into Television just b/c real depth and design isn't cost effective enough for them to keep mass producing. Look at EA and the latest SimCity if you need any further proof of this. They want to put us in a small box with nothing but a slot machine handle like the ****ing Matrix b/c that's how they maximize profits.
  19. biterwylie

Well I quit today. Account has 5000 SC and 1300 certs. L38.

Piston nurf was the last straw. Bye all.
  20. GamerGawd

buy a new helmet.
    it changes everything.

Right SOE?