Pump action shotgun nerf didn't change anything. At all.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Apr 4, 2013.

1. applepienation

Before the reticule stayed immobile, and from what I could tell all the shots went in a line. Now the reticule changes, similar to how most rifles do depending on whether you are moving, standing, or crouching. The pellets are still clustered, but now the cluster's center will be somewhere in the circle, making it really, really difficult to kill anything while firing full-auto as the clusters are flying off in different directions.

They are essentially semi-auto shotguns that are harder to control.
  2. Killy80

Showing flaws != whining...

Here's a video of a whole squad using pump actions in a biolab/tower:

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  3. Engine91

Shotguns are built for close quarters. if the bases are maps were slightly more open then they would be less effective.

If you hate dieing to shotguns then stay out of every base.... that or stop complaining and just play the game.
  4. Killy80

I hate coming around a corner and dieing by a single press of a button. I hate standing in a building and dieing by a single press of a button because a LA flew by the window for 0.2s.

I complain when I want. If you just want to flame go play the game instead.
  5. joe smo

the issue, as i see it, is they have a TTK of however long it takes the user of sed shotgun to click their mouse button.

if i was behind the shot gun nerfs i would of increased their range a little (by adding more pellets, nerfed their damage so they can't one hit kill, and increased their RoF a bit to make up for the fact they can't one hit kill.
  6. Tekone

So you're defending Shotguns? Or NC AI Max?
    I'm confused.
  7. Fligsnurt

On my NC character I played almost exclusively support (Engineer for repair and rearming) and used my weapons as a light assault for more combat oriented tasks. I feel comfortable saying that the GD-7F is an amazing carbine for close ranges, but it doesn't hold a candle to shotguns and I feel I discussed that reason quite clearly in my original post. Its just not right to have one set of weapons that have much lower TTKs then the other weapons angled for the same use.
    • Up x 2
  8. Apples

The main nerf was to damage at range but most complaints weren't about the range of the weapon but rather how easy it was to get kills with, particularly up close to lower mid range where one to two shotting anything was and still is easy. Another 10-15% reduction per pellet might make a real difference. However frankly I still just think they should stop trying to put them in shooters, they never get them balanced.
    • Up x 2
  9. GTGD

The problem was how the TTK was 0, it instantly kills people. The only thing the nerf did was make it harder to kill unless you're really close, but since most combat happens at very close ranges it will likely be an unnoticeable nerf.
  10. supernauttt

yea i notice no difference either tho i only use my shotgun on my engy and other than that not very often so idk, i still hate our MAX just as much as ever tho as i hate the scat max crap to begin with i want something usable outside of a closet
  11. supernauttt

i cant believed they nerfed a shot gun its TTK at point blank should always be frickin 0 lol god they are catering to toddlers now a days it seems
  12. supernauttt

lol uhh whats unbalenced about a shotgun? if u die from one its ur fault ALWAYS they have one effective use that is to be devastating and instakill at point blank that is balenced, every time i die to one which is idk once every 3 hours of gameplay i say to myself well i was dumb for doing that....i honestly have no idea why anyone thinks there is ANY problem with shotguns or shotgun related weapons...
  13. crazyoldfart

This is where your wrong. The shotgun is good to about 15 meters with buchshot. Your GD-7F will kill a shotgun user past that range. It's all a trade off. Kill better point blank, if you can hit them, or still be viable from point blank to 65 meters.
  14. Killy80

So it's my fault if I guard the cap point in a tower and a random guy with a shotgun comes along to oneshot me before I can do anything? It's my fault if an LA flies down from a roof to oneshot me in the back?

A weapon should not be mandatory to use. Right now, a pump action shotgun in CQC is a must, or you'll lose. Unless your opponent doesn't have one and that's becoming increasingly rare.

You know that a weapon is overpowered when people suggest you just use the same weapon as a counter.
    • Up x 3
  15. Sebastien

I knew they wouldn't nerf the shotguns too hard.
    The PAs only strength is that it can OHK. Past 10 meters, it's complete ****, every shotgun past 10m is complete ****.
    If they nerfed the damage of the Shotguns, so that they would take 2 hits for the PA, or 3 hits for the Semi, there would be no point in picking them. Might as well just use a Carbine or LMG.
  16. supernauttt

YUP lol honestly ur embarrassing urself, first off if ur defending a point in a small room...hmm yea shotgun is prob one of the best choices...however i never use mine and when im fighting indoors i slice rooms with my LMG let others with shotguns go first ext grenades millions of ways to get around it...ur arguing the same moron argument as the scat max crap lol its what shot guns are supposed to do they are only good at one thing...i prob get killed by a shotgun once per idk 3 hours of gameplay and when i do i almost always say wow that was dumb of ME
  17. Wharmaster

if you have 20 weapons designed for close quarters, but only one is a viable choice, then there is a problem.

Pretty obvious, IMO.
    • Up x 3
  18. supernauttt

its like saying nerf snipers im always getting killed when im really really far away and im standing out in the open and im not even moving very much WTF IS THIS!!!
  19. SgtBreastroker

As a matter of fact, I am. Both of them have limited effective range. Beyond those ranges you have the major advantage.
  20. supernauttt

theres one huge flaw with ur statement that is CQC is much different than point blank combat...i will take my CQC gd7f or even my lmg vs u and ur shotty at 15m...and btw up to like 30m is basically still in CQC....it doesnt mean a 10ft circle only...lol even that is to far for the shottys in this game...honestly they are fine but what i would like is to use a shot gun the way they should be able to be used and be ffective up to 20m or so and nerf the point black damage to make all the toddlers happy