Dual Mercies as "cheap" as Scattercannons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hawken is better, Apr 5, 2013.

1. hawken is better

Pretty useless topic, but I just had VS guy /tell me that using Mercies was just as "cheap" a tactic as using Scattercannons.

Now, I've never been on the receiving end of a Dual Mercy MAX, but what do the rest of the NC/VS playerbase think of them?
  2. BeefySleet

lmao
    • Up x 13
  3. Devrailis

Mercies are fine.

Could actually do with a little bit of a buff. More RoF + Magazine size for all TR MAX weapons allround.

EDIT: Regarding your sig:

Hey, TR is always whining about wanting a SAW. Maybe one of them decided to take matters into their own hand? :D
    • Up x 2
  4. Kroom

“Cheap” is just a term used by soar losers in attempt to minimize your victory.

Cry baby b**** a** m***** f******…
    • Up x 4
  5. Disparu

2k certs, + 1k for extended mags, + whatever armour you're using. Thats not cheap, thats pretty damn expensive.

But on topic they're fine, infact I could handle them being buffed along with the VS cosmos. They're still terrible compared to NC maxes (and I play all 3 factions) but I find Terran and VS maxes to be pretty evenish.

They're as overpowered as the mag was at release, in other words, people may cry about them but they're actually just fine.
  6. Deathcapt

Dual Mercies are super strong. Not sure what all the complaints are about.
    • Up x 2
  7. Devrailis

Mercies are pretty good, but that video showcased the player's skill more than the Mercy's effectiveness.

How many players would have walked into all the C4 that he avoided? He showed above average situational awareness of his surroundings, and he watched his step the entire time.
  8. Pikachu

Nice now when we have established that mercies are just as powerful, we can restore the NC max. :D
    • Up x 2
  9. rumblepit

dual mercies shoot 50 rpm more then a mcg,,, and this is over powered???? before the patch the nc max did 500% more dps than the mercies , after the nerf,i hanvt done the math but im sure they still do more than 300% more dps than our max
  10. BeefySleet

That really wasn't that impressive. Countless times infantry at point blank range were able to side step away and not be killed, or jump behind cover and survive. With an NC Max they would have been instantly destroyed (point in case, the first 3 guys in the video).

I want whatever you're smoking if you think they're just as powerful.
    • Up x 1
  11. Frosty The Pyro

you are wrong on all counts, well except the MCG part.

NUMBAHS!

Per arm
    Mercies, 1007 dps, long reload adjusted to 707, 785 extended mag, short reload adjusted (leave one round in mag before relaod to 749 and 820 extended mag.

Hacksaws old, 4290 dps (326% more dps), long reload adjusted to 1112 (57% more dps), 1609 (105% more dps) extended mags, and short reload adjusted 1170 (56% more) and 1748 (113% more) extended mags

Scats old had 3575 dps (255% more dps), long reload adjusted to 1096 (55% more dps), 1541 (96% more dps) extended mags, and short reload adjusted 1159 (55% more) and 1673 (104% more) extended mags

Hacks new 1801 dps (178% more dps), long reload adjusted to 843 (19% more dps), 1170 (49% more dps) extended mags, and short reload adjusted 867 (16% more) and 1250 (53% more) extended mags

Scats new 2412 dps (140% more dps), long reload adjusted to 832 (47% more dps), 1127 (43% more dps) extended mags, and short reload adjusted 861 (15% more) and 1206 (47% more) extended mags

this is of course ignoring that mercies have vastly superior acuracy and much, much, less damage fall off.
    • Up x 4
  12. LonelyTerran

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  13. SirBurning

But then that dps only last for 2 seconds before it has to reload. It's a mag dump, which will always be high dps. TR Max can sustain fire ALOT longer.

Can't compare stuff with Raw data, you won't get real accurate comparisons. Stuff on paper doesn't always turn out like you would expect ingame :)
  14. Zaik

that sounds like someone who is severely ******** because they died
  15. gigastar

My dual Cosmos is at least equal to a dual Mercy, i have no problems with them.
    • Up x 2
  16. Soundmonitor

I tried the scatter in VR and really I dont see a diff, without extend mags 5m= instat gib, 10m= 3 shots, 15m= 4 shots... get over it OP and the rest of you crying about the BALANCED change that SOE has done.
    • Up x 1
  17. HyperMatrix

The mercy is a great weapon. It's what I imagine a Max should be able to do. It's not OP. It is great. Hopefully the Vanu will get something similar. Worst max weapons of the 3 empires. Yes I've gone on my massive killing sprees with VS max units. But that doesn't make them as good as my dual mercy or hacksaws up close. They lack any defining characteristic.
  18. phreec

It's true.

The TR moaning about HAXMAX's have never been in front of a Mercy MAX. Against infantry they're almost the same instagib, but with further range and sustainability. The biggest difference is that HAXMAX's camp next to doorways while Mercy MAX's camp across the room staring at doorways...
    • Up x 4
  19. Fenrisk

Which is better.

A baseball bat to the face or being tickled with a feather. One has a pause between swings the other can sustain the torture.

In gameplay terms high DPS is ALWAYS better then sustained low DPS. This games about who can kill who first. Not about who can tickle their enemy the longest before getting instant gibbed.

The NC maxes used weapons that did over 300% more damage per second then ANY max combo in ANY faction. That means one NC max = the damage output of 3 or 4 TR or VS maxes. Anyone that thinks that's not overpowered needs a reality check.
    • Up x 1
  20. hawken is better

No more than 10 minutes ago, another VS player did a meanie to me because I used a MAX suit for about two and a half minutes:

[IMG]

(It's obviously been cut/edited to remove all the friendly calls for repairs, but that is literally all that was said between us.)

wh... hu... fhara... I don't even.

I really don't :(