Hate this game so much

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Diewoe

NC max's are the only ones that can run around with out support. Well maybe thats because NC pulls 3 to 5 at every battle all scattmax and once they control they pile them into a sunderer and place them a top a large hill with bursters and 10 engineers.
  2. DJPenguin

I'm a big fan of Red Orchestra 2's mechanics. Freer weapon aiming that allows for quicker scanning when using a slightly zoomed in ADS which then allows the user to zoom in just a bit further for more precise shots. I like tagging but don't know if that would even work for a game like this. Higher bullet velocity across the board would be nice as well.. ranged combat can be such a joke at times, which is why i just go smg/shotgun and make sure that whatever i hit dies.

But with this game's player scale, the quality of server latency and netcode, that ridiculous lag compensation, among other things, i really don't see how PS2 could even have most of the things that are present in other games.
  3. EvilPhd

forum crabbies are taking diversification and potability out of anything fun.
    The direction this game is going is not one of encouraging me to play.
    • Up x 1
  4. Amrok1

Look! There's a shiney object! Go get the shi---there's another shiney object! Go get that on---Wait!! There's a different shiney object go get that one instead!

You'll never be happy.
  5. TheBillOf3D

One way to handle TKers is to add another class: insurance agent. Have a "reach a settlement gun", premium upping grenade, etc. When you get tked or in a wreck then your agent talks to their agent.
  6. Acaloth

infantry dominates war since the invention of war....every armies most important part is infantry without infantry you can't fight a war and you can't win a war but with the right tactic you can win without air or tanks.
    • Up x 1
  7. DaninTexas

400 hours played so far for me according to steam.

There are some days when I want to throw my computer through the window. There are alot more days though when I love the game. Playing with an outfit really helps.
    • Up x 2
  8. applepienation

I find this game to be neutral.
    The frustration I feel is balanced by the satisfaction of some of the moments in this game.
    • Up x 1
  9. Duff_Chimp

One max should be greater than one man in my book, i don't know what crazy *** balancing you subscribe too?
  10. GSZenith

[question] was it bio lab maxing or open field aa maxing?
  11. Goretzu

Unsupported MAXs die, I don't understand why this surprises you.

It was exactly the same in PS1.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kroom

That’s complete bunk...

Stop trying apply pure DPS/armor mechanics to an FPS.

Superior movement speed and situational awareness will drop a noobie Max. It’s not easy but is and should remain possible.
  13. Duff_Chimp

I guess what i'm saying is that this game is very frustrating, i personally don't think an outfit would be the solution to this. I have had good outfits/guilds and crazy ****** up bad ones. I just want to log in and shoot stuff tbh, i am a teamplayer and do help squads or other players repairing them or thanking them for heals. Sometimes i just want to destroy stuff in the air, i'm a canny player and don't rush heedlessly into bad situations, i can expect to die if i do.

There is no satisfaction from being 'good' at this game, when any noob can get the better of you. In games like TF2 i expect random gibbings and to have a rocket to the face. Actually there is some skill to using the Soldier in TF2 effectively. I like to think skill matters but it really doesn't. Not even an outfit of skilled players can be so effective as to override the zerg on zerg off style attacks.

Frankly this game started off fun with the promise of it getting even better with time. Lately with each successive patch it becomes more frustrating and less fun. I still will probably keep playing as i am the eternal optimist with games i like, it took me nearly 8 years of playing WoW to get tired of that game, and i didn't even start to get tired until i joined a guild.
  14. Duff_Chimp

I'm talking about a 1 v 1 scenario where i make the first shot, still get gibbed by a heavy that pops shield uses a decimator and finishes me off with his LMG. One max > one man, what is point of max if this is otherwise?

Before you talk about skill, as a TR max to have any chance of killing people with any kind of speed i have to get multiple headshots, surely a lot more skilled than, bamn rocket to the face, pop shield then spray and win.
  15. Duff_Chimp

That would be the case if maybe you attacked a max from above or behind, although the amount of times i've done that to a NC max then had them turn around and gib me is insane. In this particular case we saw each other at the same time and were roughly 5 m or less apart, i fired first. Decimator did 64% damage to me in one hit... even with fully certed flak armour, which i'm fully aware doesn't count against direct hits, pretty sure the splash would of killed me had i not had flak armour.
  16. Goretzu

Run with support (and increase small arms resistance), it is agility that's killing you there, not the weapon power (dual mercys are more than effective enough).

If you come up against people that know how to fight MAXs when you're solo you can be in trouble, that's just as true for an NC AI MAX as a TR AI MAX, although the tactics to beat them vary a bit.
  17. Bill Hicks

Sounds like you tried to go head to head as heavy with a support or ambush class, and go owned. You said nerfs affected skill and luck. Which you give no example, probably because there was none.

Heavies are meant to destroy infantry. You might have picked a medic or a lolcarbine class because of the weapons, and try to be something you are not. As a heavy I get owned by smart players who use their class. A heavy cannot repair that smoking tank, and have it rack up massive kills. Or revive a whole squad to keep a point. Or hack a turret and flank a whole armor column.
  18. Jogido

I find PS2 one of the more skill based shooter out currently. It has recoil, COF, flinch, varied bullet travel speeds, bullet drop (er well, most of us). CQC is it's own animal, but definitely not worst than other games.

though, I have to admit that lag and performance can really effect your performance.
  19. Duff_Chimp

So using a rocket to the face and jumping up and down like a moron the preferred tactic against maxes? This is one of the reasons i hate this game at the moment, so much stupid crap like that.
  20. Kroom

Maybe it’s Vanu and/or the gear I use but I have never soloed a Max head on without having to do some serious dancing.