Soooo, with ScatMAX gone, what is NC supposed to do in CQC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheUprising, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Nubs

Providing the shot registers and its a headshot then yes, but i notice nothing in the patch notes about fixing the ghost scattercannon shots that pass right through the target and out the otherside. Actually shot a squad mate in the **** at close range with it the other day and he took no damage, when he moved all the bullet holes were on the crate behind him in exact line - barrel - **** - crate.
  2. Zaik

I own the anchor and the GD-22S, and tbh I prefer it over the GD-22S. atm i'm trying to grind out the last of the araxium medal on the GD before upgrading to the Anchor, which I didn't get back until account wide unlocks because i'd bought it on a different character.

i just realized that the plain gauss rifle also only has horizontal recoil in one direction, big mistake on my part. was sure it went both ways.
  3. Morpholine

• Up x 1
  4. Zotamedu

I recently replaced my CARV with a TMG-50, the closest the TR get to the NC weapons. I'll never use the CARV again.
  5. Czuuk

Don't panic. They still put a bunch of pellets and or optionally a giant f'ing slug right down in the strike zone.
  6. Izriul

No, they are. I have an NC character with the scattmax and I jumped on it to see the nerf

Didn't notice it at all. Typical NC making a mountain out of a molehill. This time though I don't think people will be falling for it.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheUprising

See what I'm saying is you can do that, you can pick up a weapon in the TR that is analogous to a standard NC weapon. NC can't do that. Where's our TR-like LMG? Our VS-like LMG?
  8. Czuuk

Indeed sir! Now with three more slivers of my soulz to fraction!

Was feeling a little purple yesterday ourselves. ;)
  9. Antich

2 things, first, considering your kills/min with that weapon i assume you took a very safe approach to CQC. Also LA can get way better K/D that other classes if the person playing it is carefully manipulating the environment(especially in CQC where is almost all the time about who gets the drop). What i want you to do is try doing the same thing with a VS or TR alt, see if is better or worse.
  10. Kize

This whole thread is pointless.
    • Up x 1
  11. Erik

GD-7F competes perfectly fine. The weapons are close enough that the best shooter is going to win just about every time. Your SMG is great as well and will out compete the Orion or Carv (even though the MSRW is probably better) at very close quarters. If your having trouble controlling an SMG then maybe the issues your seeing are not weapon imbalances. Regardless the Blitz is the better SMG and you can toss the forward grip on it since it has the larger mag. The Anchor is a fine weapon as well. I personally choose the GD-22s or SAW quite often and choose my routes/angles carefully, as not every encounter is up in your face. If I want it the other way I roll any of the weapons listed above.

I think you have it in your head that there is some huge imbalance with the different weapons which just isn't the case. If there is one weapon which stands out in class's, it is the SAW. It is the only weapon which the other factions do not have an in class equivalent (or something close).

This is all pre mature anyways since you haven't even seen what changes are coming to the scatt max and other shot guns including the jackhammer.
  12. Gavyne

Stop making us NC players look bad. Ever since the patch that nearly removed flinching, infantry vs infantry combat have been fairly balanced short of the issues with pump action shotguns and NC MAX's. NC MAX and shotgun changes were long overdue.
    • Up x 1
  13. Morpholine

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428052273451461937

She has the same play style and item restrictions as the NC alt, I just haven't put as much time into her.

And the character in the sig: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618015235217

Bear in mind my VS main is the only one outfitted, and as such I tend to play more with what's needed by the others at the time than my personal tastes may dictate.

As you can see, I perform about the same with all three empires.

Like I said, take a walk on the other sides of the fence, and you will find the differences lie mainly in the realm of how they feel, and not so much on hard coded differences.
    • Up x 1
  14. freeze

where's my 200 dmg LMG... where's my 200dmg Carbine... where's my 200 dmg AR?
    • Up x 4
  15. TheUprising

To be clear the GD-7F isn't a bad gun. Its just the worst of its class which doesn't mean its useless. Though you see a lot of NC gushing over it, because for a starving man a scrap of meat looks like a feast.

And when I say the cyclone has a terrible spray pattern, I mean it becomes terrible at mid ranges, a given because I was complaining of how it sacrificed so much to get higher bullet damage and bullet velocity. Maybe you should think about what you type before typing?

The FACT of the matter is is that outside of AR's, the NC gets shafted in terms of CQC viability, which is why we had the scatterMAX to balance it out. You can't nerf that, wth, then make our CQC infantry weapons on par with those of the TR and VS!
  16. Iksniljiksul

A few really small changes does nothing to the overall effectiveness of the NC MAX unit in any way.
  17. TheUprising

I was asking for weapons that were good CQC weapons, we don't have that. At all.

I wasn't asking for a 40 clip Carbine, or a no recoil and damage fall off LMG. These are traits of other factions, just like ours is the 200 dmg weapons. If you think the VS and TR should have a monopoly on good CQC weapons than give us your 163 damage weapons back.
  18. freeze

your exact post here is the answer to your question.
    • Up x 1
  19. TheUprising

Read the edit, you guys have the TMG and Flare, the Pulsar C, etc. These are comparable to our standard non-200 dmg guns. Where's our 143 damage 750 RoF LMG. Is this "only a trait of VS"? So why does the TR have two of these?

The NC's main perk is higher weapon damage, the VS' perk are weapons that are easier to control, and the TR's perk is simply being the VS with larger magazines lol...
  20. Bloodskull

I haven't played yet but the changes look like they didn't really nerf the NC Max all that much. Thank God for that.

Granted, I haven't tested it yet but it doesn't look like catastrophic levels of nerf.
    • Up x 1