The lancer in comparison with other launchers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nomad1, Mar 29, 2013.

1. TacCom98

Due to Youtube's April Fools joke I can't upload my video right now. But in the first half I have reletively uninturrpted gameplay and in the second half I have most of the skill shots. Also all of the video is from a 35m clip which I'd be happy to upload if you don't believe me. I did miss some shots, yes, but there were plenty of shots where targets were broken from line of sight and would not have been able to be locked and were too far out for Phoenixes.

I'd also like to point out that I've said many times that the Lancer CAN hit air but it's not very good at AA. There are better tools for the job. But if I'm in an anti-armour role with my Lancer and have no armour targets to shoot at, I can atleast help in the AA efforts.

Once they allow people to upload to Youtube again I'll post the link for the video here.
  2. Munq

In my opinion it was. And I didn't even play VS then. Phoenix was annoying as hell but Lancer? More like lolcer.
  3. Drakcol

There are pages upon pages of complaints about how OP both the striker and the phoenix are. There are pages upon pages of complaints about how GARBAGE the lancer is. Either:

A) Some sort of magical stratification happened where all of the whiny players and only the whiny players in the game switched sides to Vanu (which would explain why server pop is so off kilter?)

or

B) The other two rockets are good, arguably too good, but at the very least, GOOD, and the lancer is NOT good.

B seems the far more likely option. I am sorry but smedley needs to clean house in your balancing team, these are the same people that gave nc/tr scatmaxxes and hacksaws and vanu get.... quasar? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  4. Hoffburger

• Up x 1
  5. Mxiter

Lancer is as effective as the others launchers.
    It have very few drawbacks ans is very versatile. In fact the one drawback of the lancer is: the user need to aim. How hard in a FPS game!

The others have some drawbacks, counters and are more situational.
    Learn to use the lancer or continue your whine whatever, the next statistics will shot that it isn't a joke anymore.

The ONE thing that still miss to the lancer is hip to ADS while charging.

Advice: All ESRL are made for support, Not for the first line.

Edit: look a that:
    [IMG]
    Makes your own conclusions.
  6. MasterTater

Nice summary - TY -

REASON:

• The game lead designer Higby and Game lead programmer play New Conglomerate exclusively and by an even margin TR in the dev teams but hardly anyone with decision making power playing Vanu.
    • Of course NC AND TR factions get the most overpowered items, when the game lead design and programmer are playing those faction.
    Its called a personal abuse of decision making power by giving NC / TR the most overpowred equipment.
    Vanu are left behind in the dirt in so many aspects that even the formerly most dedicated on VS side have turned into random players.

Actually SOE is having a big poo on every customer playing and paying customer on VS side.

JUST STOP SPENDING MONEY in the cash shop for VANU equip, only way to show them that the current way to favor NC / TR stinks hell.

Next BS is already incoming with Max Units.
  7. OutlawSundown

Unless they're point blank it moves slow enough that you can dodge it. At points the lancer doesn't even render.
  8. TheBigHert

Never thought of it that way. That's an excellent observation! Kudos.