Getting tired of these double XP weekends

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alizona, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Alizona

Don't get me wrong, I love and greatly appreciate Sony running these and giving us mega certs...

...but the fact is, when it's normal play, I'm literally one of the only engineer repairmen on my Helios server, but this weekend it is almost impossible to find any turrets to repair. Normally a base gets capped and everybody follows the zerg and moves on, leaving lonesome old me all to myself to repair the entire base. But not this weekend, seems like everybody is repairing things. Just when I think I have a turret all to myself, some other engy joins me to fix it. LOL

Ah well, take the good with the bad I suppose, right? :)
  2. Edgar Allan Bro

So the thread is named "Getting tired of these double XP weekends". But you then say you love them.
  3. n0pax

You know if you like, actually play the game and go fight enemies they give certs, right?
  4. Snappy

Kill something and get XP?
    • Up x 1
  5. haldolium

wait

your complaining because people repair turrets?

:eek:

da fuq
  6. CHC999

7. Alizona

I know, I'm an oddball, a pacifist playing a killing game. o_O

LOL I can laugh at myself and don't mind if others do too.
  8. Alizona

I guess all I'm trying to say is that I'll be glad once this weekend is over and things get back to normal when I can just repair my stuff in peace and quiet. I fight a little bit, yeah, but I prefer to repair - mainly because I suck at fighting and with the NC's overpowering weapons all I ever do is die, my K/D ratio is about 0.25. :)
  9. SgtBreastroker

What I don't like about double XP weekends is that everything I do gives me assists. It's like a weekend of kill stealing.

For example out of ten vehicles that I kill I will get a Vehicle Kill Assist while actually only killing one vehicle.
  10. Sen7ryGun84

Follow that zerg, hand out ammo, repair vehicles in the field. You'll still be following your pacifist principles and you'll be raking in a sh t load more certs.

Thank me later.
  11. DeadAlive99

Frequent double xp specials is a sign of an expensive game, and can potentially cause some angst with the player base as regulars may not like the change in gameplay, and new comers may not like what they see either.