WATERSON NEEDS HELP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fatalness, Mar 30, 2013.

1. WarMan

Server merge wouldn't solve the problem, Vanu are low on every North American server pretty much. I kinda like being in the lower population as the underdogs, forces us to have smarter people in order to do anything great which leads to being with cool people in squads and platoons usually. Fewer trolls and morons(sorry if I'm being offensive) to worry about in Vanu as well. Not to mention we have great cooperation between the platoon/squad leaders when good people are online.
    • Up x 2
  2. Flying Mug

Well at the moment it's 26-37-37. If there are 4000 people on the server, that's ~1480 TR and NC while there are 1040 Vanu. Which winds up being a difference of just over 9 platoons worth, per faction. If you go with 29-35-35 it's a 5 platoon difference.

I didn't say merging was a good idea either. The server is already high-pop and there isn't another US East server to merge with anymore except Matherson. I meant general game mechanics to help balance populations like the global faction XP bonus and maybe identifying why Vanu populations were falling before GU2.
  3. Stigler

How do you know the server cap is still 4000, and not been stealth capped as a temporary fix?

I witnessed two continents pop locked last weekend and there where definitely not the numbers of platoons around that normally should have been in game. I think some of these stealth patches have added back population caps and thats why we are having issues again.
    • Up x 1
  4. Flying Mug

I don't know what the population population caps are, I'm sure the server queuing number is higher than that but the site with the population graphs has been down. Though usually it was peaking somewhere around 1400-1600 TR/NC and 1100-1200 Vanu. 4000 was just a ballpark number as it peaks above that.
  5. Stigler

I have been watching populations and the big battles and ingame map a lot and something was not right about last weekend and two continents being pop locked on Waterson, everything ran smooth last weekend though. And now with stealth patches we have more platoons showing on map and server lag again.

1+1 = 2 ?

and steamgraph only logs the steam users which I am not, and unless 2000 people converted away from steam last weekend, the numbers and pop lock with smooth gameplay look real fishy, compared to this weekend.

I conclude the pop cap was decreased at least 20% for GU5 and now they have brought it back up.
  6. Sov21

Last night on waterson was the first night I could play on Amerish in weeks, as we finally had a pop of more than 0% there

Usually We are completely restricted to Indar, and sometimes get to go to Esamir
  7. Fatalness

DURING DOUBLE XP WEEKEND of course thats gonna happen
    • Up x 1
  8. Kogmaw

I would really like to see an increase in VS pop, but i doubt itll happen (as had been said) if VS gets a buff and NC nerf (i personally think screaming OP/UP is really just an excuse to bypass adaptability, but for a different thread)

right now the only thing really changing the tides of pops is 4th faction, as opposed to new players. And the best way to bring in new players is to optimize the game as best they can, then market the **** out of it (which they really didnt do well when it first launched)

but, in all honesty, though i love capping points, with the VS low pop, makes for a lot more targets to shoot at :D
  9. GrantonStar

So, Yeah want to tell everyone how that worked out for you?

Oh that's right the VS and the TR teamed up to take Indar away from us but while we were holding Peris amp for about 3 hours we let it go (to the TR) and took HVAR instead, then we took Allatum (again from the VS) and then we Gal dropped on the crown and took it... Now I havent been on for a couple of hours but I suspect we still hold the crown....and INDAR!

Suck it up.
    • Up x 1
  10. SgtBreastroker

It has already had a merge and you are asking for another...

Wow.
  11. KiddParK

I believe the Vanu have become the organized force because of it's environment. Without the low pop, we would be able to move more easily around the map (in PS1 and now) so to combat this we've had to become more tactical and work together. I'm not suggesting we do so more than other factions, however I'm saying we HAD to or else die out.

If the sad end of the story is we've become more organized because of our low pop, then I'm ok with it. I'd enjoy a higher pop, but any server merge would just add numbers to all the factions (Jegar proved that) and there would be no real bump for the Vanu anyway.

We're purple, undermanned and still somehow able to put up a fight.

and we love it.
  12. centurionvi

Yeah, seems that way. NC is full of douchey 12 year olds who are helpless unless they outnumber you 2:1, but thanks to their population they usually do. I doubt TR is much better. Vanu would probably own the server if they had the numbers.
  13. Czuuk

[IMG]

Timing is everything kiddo.
    • Up x 1
  14. Zotamedu

We have gotten rid of most of the douchey 12 year olds now. I think most of them grew bored and left when people started to get organized. Some seems to have jumped over to NC because they are the winning team right now. Seems like most of TotalBiscuit's and Angry Joe's fans have left the game now so the TR is pretty decent now. The influx of organization from the server merger helped a lot. If we could only get rid of ODAM, the TR would be pretty good.
  15. Zapon

...a server merge might not hurt us- but you know what would solve this?

Raising the pop

9 platoons max per side? That is ...inane,

I wanted to roll with 12 or more platoons together in this game- and that's not really possible where every side can put numbers like ethat, because of the hard limit

sigh

Maybe Planetside 3 will have the armies i dream of...
    • Up x 1
  16. Mezinov

So is that what DVS stands for? I thought it stood for "Dumb Vehicle Spammers". I have a VS and an NC on Waterson; I log into whomever has the lower pop at the time; on account of most my outfit being MIA due to life circumstance. The last few days it's been Vanu, but I haven't been able to shoot my way through all the TR to get at any of the NC.

Even when pops are even, the TR somehow manage to Zerg on Waterson. It truly is a scientific anomaly.
  17. Lampenfieber

Sometimes VS have the same population of NC and TR, but to me appers to be they prefeer to help TR to fight for their own interests, since NC lost indar, the first to cap are VS, so.. they are organized, but lazy, in my opinion.

Other thing i can't understand is the server open spots. Supouse the server have 1000 spots for indar, the firsts 1000 got? because see, if we have 800 tr going on first, the other two factions are @#$#%#
  18. The Milk Man

Possible Solution: Balance the maxes (could possibly mean a nerf for nc max?) and give the vanu something really powerful since the magrider is what made the Vanu have such high pops I guess.
  19. Vanu Superiority

I agree. As a VS player, it's frustrating. Average pop distribution any more is along the lines of 26-37-37, with us being the 26. We rarely cap continents any more. In order to keep up with the other factions on Indar and Esamir, we must pretty much abandon amerish and be perpetually close to being gated. Sometimes during the week the only continent worth fighting on at all is indar.
  20. ViXeN

Try being Vanu on Waterson. LOL I'm going to see if I can recruit some more people to PS2 and VS/Waterson in particular.
    • Up x 1