(undocumented change) Engineer explosives despawn at 300 Meters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AceMF, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Fed

Please fix
  2. Nate

KIlled a sunderer with 3 AT mines I placed last night. Landed, placed the 3 mines and flew away. So I'd have to think I was more than 300 meters away from them at some point.

But good work OP, on being so thorough in testing whats going on with mines.
  3. DirArtillerySupport

Has this bug returned again? I put down 2 AP and 3 AT mines drove away came back...they're gone. So I ran the test..put down two AP backed up Sundy at least 300m drove back and mines have disappeared. I haven't seen this bug for a long time.
  4. MichaelS

Hmm, this may explain the few mine kills yesterday. Better check this afternoon.
  5. GoogleIntern2013

NECRO THREAD ALERT NECRO THREAD ALERT THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN FIXED!!!!!!!!!

Lock the thread plz
  6. XRIST0

good .
    • Up x 1
  7. Zcuron

The guy who necro'd the thread specifically asked "has this bug returned again?".

I'd think it to be a good thing that people use the search function.
  8. Bill Hicks

I hope they keep this.
  9. Xasapis

Keep what? Dying by anti vehicle mines is pretty rare these days and so is dying be explosives. Dying by anti-personnel mines is a bit less rare, but only because people started realising how less of an issue explosive damage is, so they started using armour other than flak lately.
  10. Bill Hicks

Fire and forget weapons are a cancer to the FPS genre
  11. Xasapis

I would agree with you if there was a way to retrieve them after deploying. Considering however that they are nott and the kills from mines are extremely rare to the point of making mineguard obsolete due to underuse ...

We are not talking about lock on missiles, we're talking about mines. And since we don't get to have enough mines to create minefields, all you can hope for is trap very obvious choke points with mines that either strobe flash or are so big it's really hard to miss.
  12. Klondik3

False. You don't fire a mine.
  13. Xasapis

/looks menacingly at mine

Mine! YOU'RE FIRED!!!
    • Up x 2
  14. Bill Hicks

You throw it, someone dies. Fire and forget.
  15. Xasapis

Under this logic, grenades are fire and forget.
  16. Klondik3

My exact words when I saw the size of an anti-tank mine after the nerf.
  17. Bill Hicks

Then a gun is a fire and forget weapon. Oh looks like we need a better definition. Automated processes that execute without player input after it is deployed and that can select a particular target without player input. You have to aim to throw a grenade, the grenade will detonate in seconds, meaning you cannot throw a grenade in a empty room and 2 hours later get a kill. Lock ons and mines fullfil this. Lets give it a new name. How about crutch?

I dont like lock ons but mines are fine if they despawn when the player leaves a certain distance. The player has to be atleast active in the area to get credit. A person throwing a grenade cannot really forget it due to the fact he has to be in a very close range to deploy it and cannot suddenly be in another hex when it detonates.
  18. Stew360

Do i have a refund in ressources for the C4 i wasnt able to ignite before i die ?

NO i dont so deal with it . mines as to be use with care and goal , not trow all around carelessly expecting free kills out of it
  19. Klondik3

Mine placement location is player input. Its not like mines run around and chase people.
    • Up x 1
  20. Goretzu

This basically makes mine worthless then, for everyone but suicide attack infiltrators anyway. Got to be a bug. :confused: