(undocumented change) Engineer explosives despawn at 300 Meters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AceMF, Mar 27, 2013.

1. AceMF

After not getting a kill all night flying around scattering my pizzas and my campaign signs (AT mines and claymores respectively) I decided to check it out.

At 300 meters any engineer explosive will just POOF despawn. with no return of resources.

This includes Anti-tank mines , Proximity mines like claymores, bouncing bettys , etc. and c4.

It just dissappears but is still able to be detonated apparently
    • Up x 6
  2. Devrailis

It may or may not be a coincidence that the Nix launcher missile despawns at 300 meters as well. If your deployables really are disappearing when you move 300 meters away, perhaps whatever the devs did to cause the nix missile to deconstruct ended up affecting your mines as well.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cougarbrit

Oh wonderful. Want to deny an area? You now have to camp in that area with your area-denial weaponry.
    • Up x 4
  4. AmazingBob

If this is really the case some confirmation from devs would be nice.
  5. Jalek

That would explain mining just before losing a facility having no effect today.
    I guess combined with the deconstruct change, they want engineers to hang back and hunt abandoned flashes around the facility, while staying within 300m.
  6. AceMF

Edit after further testing:
    conditions I dropped a claymore mine (on my TR character) in sight of a friend who was on an NC character right on top of a personal waypoint.
    I then ran away 310 meters and every 50 meters on the way asked if it was still there.
    The NC character was able to see the mine while I was all the way out to 300 meters. when I ran back to the waypoint the Mine was invisible on my screen but in clear view on the NC characters.
    The NC character then went 300 meters away and came back and confirmed that the mine was now invisible for him.
    He then ran over the where the mine was where I was standing and there was the visual smoke and the sound of an explosion but the NC character took no , as in none, damage.
    I recieved no damage as well even though I was standing on top of the mine and well withing the exsplosive radius.
    Sorry for any conclusion this has caused but clearly something is going on with engy exsplosives.
    Tested on Mattherson on indar and amerish.
    Best I can do!
    • Up x 32
  7. Frigidus

So...there won't be ten plus bouncing betties lying around abandoned facilities? Great!
    • Up x 3
  8. Papio

The undocumented change are coming hard and fast of late, how hard is it to type out a once sentence news update post for each one ?
    • Up x 3
  9. AzuratteV

I vote, removal 5 minutes after respawn and or after 1000m
  10. NoctD

This change is just quite literally stupid! Oh well, its SOE, go figure.
    • Up x 2
  11. Jalek

Duration must be pretty long, people often comment on mine kills long after they were put down.
  12. Barosar

I too am noticing that my traps are disappearing inexplicably.
  13. BloodyPuma

Today none of my deployed mines made ANY kill. Im playing infil, so mostly situation looks like this:

1. I see 5-20 perps sitting and healing in tight group.
    2. I run inside, plant 2 AP, run 10 meters away
    3. Profit - like 50-75% kills

Today - 0

Half of time - no explosion [mines sinking in?]
    Rest of time - explosion doing 0 to minimal damage killing no one.

Not once, not twice, 8 hours of gaming...

Bug like hell.
  14. Stellus

It's a bug.
  15. Lazaruz

I really hope this is a unintended bug...
  16. illgot

This has to be a bug. I can't imagine dying then having to res 350m away and losing all your mines.
    • Up x 2
  17. DeltaGun

SCIENCE!
    • Up x 2
  18. AceMF

• Up x 5
  19. Crayv

Obviously people were improperly using AT mines by setting them and waiting for something to drive over them instead of throwing them onto stationary vehicles.

Seriously though, I hope it gets fixed soon.
    • Up x 16
  20. Gumbo