665: Kills > Ghost Capping

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Unfleshed, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Unfleshed

[IMG]

The 665th Little Debbie Devil Cakes are currently looking to add a few skilled players to our roster.

As of writing this we are ranked on the Leaderboard as 2nd on Waterson and 3rd in the world.

Every outfit has their own role to play and ours is simply going into wherever the action is and getting as many kills as possible. Some may be against this playstyle in a game like Planetside but it's how we like to do things and it provides us with plenty of enjoyment. This isn't to say that we don't ever cap a base; it's bound to happen when you chase the action.

We don't require you to always be in an outfit squad if you're online and if you like to solo sometimes that's fine too. The point of our outfit is to have a pool of skilled players to fight alongside when you are not in the mood to lone wolf. We value high kill count, decent K/D ratio, and above all....fun times tearing up TR/VS. If this sounds like your playstyle we would be glad to have you.

Requirements to join:

-Min. Battle Rank of 55
    -Min. Kill count of 10,000
    -K/D ratio of 1.5 or above
    -Willing to hop in vent (with mic) when rolling with other outfit members (will sometimes use in game voice if not lagging/broken)

If you have any further questions contact Refleshed in game or post in this thread

Outfit website: www.665th.enjin.com
  2. Kastrenzo

I'm guessing most people who are BR55 and have 10000 Kills, are already successful in another outfit, and wouldn't be interested in joining your little exclusive club
  3. Unfleshed

Forgive us for not wanting to be just another zerg outfit who invite anybody that comes their way. There is nothing wrong with having some standards for the people you recruit and it helps indicate whether their playstyle will mesh well with the outfit. And contrary to what you think, there are actually several players that meet these requirements who currently have no outfit.

Looking at one of your other post responses it would seem you hate Waterson now anyways and have jumped ship to Mattherson. So how bout you do us Waterson players a favor and let those who still enjoy it here continue with their business.
    • Up x 3
  4. Posse

I understand requiring a minimum K/D for an "elite" outfit, but the BR 55+10k kills min requirement? That's BS imo, I'm sure you can find lots of quality players in their 30s and 40s (and why not in their late 20s?) that could be better than those in the 55+ range.

Anyway, good luck with that, definitely the guys in your outfit are the ones who usually give me the hardest time in 1v1 engagements (I remember having a personal duel one day with one of your guys in a Bio Lab where we killed each other like 7/8 times)
  5. Holydragon

Since I am posting on a few of my own "flame HD threads", I can put in my 2 cents. He can do what ever he wants! Agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. If he wants all 100s then so be it!

However, people have the right to post whatever they like within the forum rules. Do I hate flamers and trolls? YES but it is what it is.

I think thats kinda crazy to ask for 55s and above but if he can pull it off, all power to you man!
  6. Dagonlives

Nice. Legion 13 actually formed our own little 'delta force' team (currently 4-5 players BR 55+) to help find a place like this for players on the TR who want to just run around and frag with experienced players while still contributing to the bigger picture.

Most of these players aren't really social in the MMO sense and come from ultra-competitive shooter games like CoD and counterstrike in which the scale might be also be as low as 4v4. All of them were former Counterstrike players on various competitive teams. Players from this environment have trouble working with newer players because they see personal skill/trust as something earned only by someone as good as themselves. We as a large outfit have tried to help find a place for those players where they don't feel like a square peg in a round hole by appealing to their competitive nature.

Glad to see there is an NC outfit that has the experienced fragger attitude in mind as that has been missing from Waterson. I've found most of the extremely skilled players are soloists simply because rolling with a squad holds them back, and I am certain they will find a nice home in the 665th.

Honestly, it's impressive to see a small squad of guys like the 665th take on four times their number due to that level of skill and we are sure to deal with these guys hard and fast whenever we see them.
  7. vaxx

It is actually refreshing to see an outfit like this. Of course not that Waterson needs anymore NC, but still.

Its almost sad that most outfits in PS2 are open to anyone and everyone. Quantity over quality. Do you breathe? Cool you can join us. How do you know they are good? How do you know they are not griefers? How do you know they will mesh with the rest of the team?

Anyway, GL. I wish there was an outfit like this on my TR alt's server Helios, I would join in a heartbeat.
  8. Unfleshed

You pretty much summed up exactly what we are aiming for. Glad to see somebody knows where we are coming from with our set of requirements rather than bashing us for it.
  9. Unfleshed

added outfit website
  10. Kastrenzo

having a high BR Doesn't prove anything other than the time you've put into the game.

I've made fresh characters and kicked the *** of BR60s with nothing but a stock CARV or Gauss Saw.
    And I've had it happen to me by random BR1s too.

At first I thought you were trolling with O.P
  11. Unfleshed

I am fully aware high BR isn't everything; that's why we have the other requirements such as kill count and K/D ratio. And I'm sure there are some skilled players who are low BR but that isn't enough for us. We want skilled players who have also invested the time into their characters. I know crazy concept huh?

Our outfit as a whole values our position on the leaderboard and it isn't fair to our high ranking players to have their time and effort anchored down by low BR players. I am having a hard time understanding why you have such a problem with people who have some standards for their players.
  12. Stromberg

13. Unfleshed

Those players were in the outfit before I became a leader rank. I already did a ton of spring cleaning but the few remaining lower BRs are personal friends of the other leaders. This new wave of recruitment with the standards set in place is my doing and I must say it's going rather well so far.
  14. Kastrenzo

So basically what you are saying is that you are a narcissist, and you want to attract more narcissists, obsessed with your K/D and your position on the leaderboard.
  15. Unfleshed

By your definition the entire competitive gaming community is nothing but narcissists. If that is honestly your view of this style of gaming then guilty as charged.
  16. Kastrenzo

whatever you say, good luck.
  17. Posse

Lol, I can't believe someone actually cares about that leaderboard of outfits in psu when average XP of members doesn't mean anything.
  18. Unfleshed

So going by the forums the general consensus seems to be that BR/XP means nothing. K/D ratio means nothing. Kill count means nothing. I guess the only thing that matters is following around the zerg and capping bases that get backcapped as soon as you leave.

Any of the stats i mentioned don't paint a very clear picture when looked at individually but when all are taken into consideration they give a pretty good idea of the playstyle a person has.

People on these forums can hold their breathe till they are blue in the face protesting these stats mean nothing but they are dead wrong; each gives a little insight into a player.

BR/XP: shows the amount of certs a player has which means access to all the toys/gear upgrades; not just for 1 class but for several and maybe some vehicles as well

Kill count: shows their dedication of slaughtering the enemy (this is an FPS game last I checked), not just standing around in an empty base watching a meter go down

K/D ratio: shows how efficient they are at getting their kill count higher

Are these stats the end all be all of everything? No, probably not. But any player who refuses to see that they provide some vital information are just plain out their minds.
  19. DJPenguin

don't mind the haters. but just as a suggestion from someone who's running a small exclusive outfit himself, you may need to end up "laxing" the requirements just a little bit. There aren't too many people running around at such a high level without an outfit tag already, let alone fitting your requirements. i got rid of the k/d for mine and i still have reliable people watching my back. of course i still look at everyone's player pages before asking them to join to make sure they're not terrible and some of them have less than a 1 k/d but there's still quality to be had in those players elsewhere.
  20. Posse

Nope, never said they meant nothing, I said that the leaderboard only reflects the average play time of the members of an outfit, not necessarily how good that outfit is, specially when talking about small outfits, being #2 in that leaderboard doesn't make your outfit the 2nd best outfit in Waterson, sorry about that.

If that's the problem you should just ask for a min requirement of upgrades (like have an X number of the following upgrades or something like that), looking at the BR will give you a biased estimation of a player's upgrades.

This also depends on the main class and many other factors, you can have 10k kills in 30 days of playing or in just 10 days, that would be the same for you? Doesn't make sense.

Agreed with this one, it's the only one that actually makes sense.