Phoenix complaints are based on K/D.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ROMNEYTRON, Mar 24, 2013.

1. BalogDerStout

The phoenix should do the same damage to infantry as the lancer. Plain and simple.

Nerf it.

We're done here.
    • Up x 1
  2. ROMNEYTRON

I have never whined about NC, nor have I ever seen the need to.

My account: GeorgeWBushTRON
    My alt: GUDERlAN (spelled GuderLan)

I've played NC since day one. And I still disagree on the definition of OP. I have suffered through Libbys, Scythes, Prowlers, Reavers, etc. You name it, I've had to deal with it. Not once have I complained.

Is the Phoenix slightly unbalanced? Maybe.

Over-powered and game-breaking? Not at all.
    • Up x 3
  3. Acer

no im being honest 50% damage increase, the launcher is weak against armor for 2 main reasons damage dealt and the reload time. a mag, vanguard prowler your looking at a minimum of 6 hits, Ok, I only get 4 shots, and this is if the tank doesnt go off and heal. I set there at fired round after round in mags at the crown and gave up on trying to blow them up until my other 15 hommies came with there pheonix then we like owned the heal.. but considering the damage done you have to be in a very effect group spamming this stuff to make a dent into any zerg
  4. Mxiter

Fristly, i totally disagree with you about the AV turret wich can't zoom while the phoenix have a "300m zoom"

Then, Striker can't be used to farm XP with infantries. Just can do it with sunderers, lightnings, MBT ,liberators, galaxy and very bad ESF pilots (sorry for them) and the operator have to stay exposed long seconds for that.
    The lancer are poor against infantries, good (need accuracy buff: need to be exellent) against ground vehicles at range, and can be effective against air if the owner is skilled (also need a charging time buff).

If the phoenix earn less XP in those ways, it need to be improved to modify that, that's why i proposed to increase velocity speed: reach quicker the targer before it get time to move/dodge (and much better against air).

Also don't forget that phoenix user takes much less risks than strikers and lancer users by firing from cover. Less XP but less risks, death ,ect.That helps if you havn't spawn points close... Or if you are K/D farmer.

I've found a video:

See how it works against prowlers and sunderer behind buildings/hill from the spawn room. 2 or 3 of them can destroy easily stuffs without any risks. No comment about how its works against infantry...

It deals the shrike damages (that are totally correct for a camera guided device) Decimator damages against sunderers... reload like the Deci might be too long i agree.

Frankly, did you tried to destroy a phoenix missile? It's just possible with an high Rof weapon.Maybe it could work with vulcain, but how much prowlers equip it??. Good luck with main tank gun(s) or a basilik...
    Increase the rocket hitbox might help for infanteries, but not for the vehicles that generally have slow Rof weapons(main gun, halberd,basilik,Saron: just AA, vulcain and the kobalt looks be "effective))

Agree with the way than phoenix shouldn't be used to snipe infantries: The NC HA have already the best medium/long range LMG: the NC6 gauss saw. Get attachements,stay still, burst and you'll scary ennemies snipers and deal massive damages to infanteries.
    Learn to adapt your loadout instead of "Shotgun+Phoenix and i can kill everything but air"

Striker and lancer sucks at close range(lock on/charging time) while the phoenix is still working like a dumbfire with no drop, it's already an HUGE advantage! (a bit compensed by the reload time) wrong argument. It drawback is that it can't perform over 300m, but it's a king in this aera.

If they change it, i just hope:
    -50% damages reduction against infantries
    -50-100% projectile's speed incease.
    -Fixing the sensitivity. (turning radius isn't so bad and if you start your shot with good angle, you can reach well covered targets, but it's soooooo annoying to use all the length of the joypad each second!! give us more sensivity!!
    More turning radius and the rocket would be able to turn easily to 90%: that would be totally OP)
    -Reload reducte to 5.2 from 5.7 sec (like the shrike)

-50m extended range (really optionnal but if still underperform after all those changes)
  5. KRE8R125

I would love to see them get nerfed against infantry in exchange for a greater firing distance and maybe a little bit better camera control, but if they simply nerf it against infantry I will be screaming for my certs back.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dusty Lens

Posting in another Prowler thread. Nothing to see here move along.

Oh wait.
  7. XRIST0

Leave it as it is , buff the lancer .

Striker is extremely effective against armor , especially when used in a group .. i kind of feel sorry for those tanks .

Dont ruin this awesome launcher because these guys like to QQ about everything that could kill them .
    • Up x 2
  8. KRE8R125

Will I get crucified if I suggest that they need an alternate ammo for the default RL that is anti-infantry based? I have wanted that for a while. :D
  9. Badgered

Remove KDR. I guarantee half of the complaints about weapons would disappear overnight.
    • Up x 2
  10. ROMNEYTRON

This. I know they will never do this, but the QQ threads will literally disappear overnight if KD was taken away.
  11. r1stormrider

if you're farming tanks with the phoenix, then the weapon is being used in the role that it was primarily designed for.
  12. Bobby Shaftoe

What about it?

Oh you probably think that's the Magrider Saron... no, it's the Scythe default gun but it does help highlight the drool brigades lack of critical thinking or intelligence, hence the bizarre 'thumbs up' of your post by mr waterfall.
  13. Aegie

Yes, I think an underlying problem with a lot of things in PS2 is the quantity of spam.

I doubt any RL would have been considered OP if you could not have infinite ammo at your feet.
  14. ROMNEYTRON

There is no indicator of whether or not that represented the Maggie Saron or the Scythe Saron.

Join the drool brigade. :eek:
  15. Kubor

I can't believe that some NC are still arguing in favour of the current Phoenix.

Well, I can actually because that pretty much sums up the mentality of "modern" games.

The telling thing here is that a not insignificant number of people would happily keep the Phoenix as a very poor AV weapon provided that its AI ability is not changed. That tells you all you need to know about how stupid the Phoenix currently is. These people don't want a new AV weapon, they want a new camera guided AI Noobtube that is fired from complete safety and is available only to one Empire.

Fantastic balance :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  16. Clutchstep

I don't really understand SOE's logic in letting the Phoenix OHK infantry while specifically making the Lancer weak against infantry. The Phoenix is easy to use and can be used from cover, while the Lancer is hard to use, requires LOS, and has a pretty crappy COF so you can't really use it to reliably snipe infantry anyway. But somehow with the Phoenix it is okay for it to OHK while its not for the Lancer.

The other oddity is that the Phoenix is kind of weak for its intended purpose, which is to kill vehicles. Really, all of the ESRL are kind of weak. I guess its tough for SOE to tread the F2P or P2W line, but their balancing of these weapons really has no logic.
  17. -Crotalus-

you .......ugh.......for the sake of not getting a warning when "someone" reports me....ill refrain.....

the phoenix is 110% effective against MOVING infantry.....and you don't even have to pick a target before you fire it, shoot over your pre-selected cover .....head towards known enemy presence, select random dot, follow and facesmash camera into person......

The Phoenix is literally a better Sniper Rifle than the sniper rifles.....

And don't give me all this "Oh well its useless without an Engi to resupply it.........

How many people just run out in the middle of no where without an ammo pack to be found on the minimap........I had NO problem farming people with the phoenix, at base defenses, base assaults, and open land skirmishes.

Point in fact, when I see phoenix spammers, I make a point to park my engineer on them because I know its nice steady Cert gain that isn't going to move until the enemy gives up and shifts their attack.

Stop being an ignorant biased player.....the Phoenix has NO right to be as effective as it is against infantry....no rocket launcher does.

I don't get how SO many NC players could scream bloody murder along with the other two factions about the AV Turret being OP (it isnt).....but now 9/10 NC players are die hard the Phoenix is "A-OK!"
    • Up x 1