I'm Upset at the Daily Membership Cert Gain

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stellus, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SgtScum

No screencap? I am dissapoint.. :(
  2. Chiss

Guh, the things i do for you... had to join up a whole bunch of screen caps in paint!

The order is reversed. Start reading from the bottom.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. SgtScum

Ah! Thank you.

However.. I don't see soe admitting wrongdoing to anything past not being as concise as they could be about needing to log in to collect the passivlely gained certs which will probably get done when it trickles down to the peons responsible for the website.

Logging in to collect them is intended and if you do log in you get your certs so no foul play as far as thats concerned.

Hopefully now that you realize you can't let it go for weeks at a time you won't waste your money on membership again.

Lessons learned etc. :)
  4. Stellus

Hey thanks for the info. This will be useful for those who want to reference the ticket number in order to provide clarity to the TSR too.
  5. zaspacer

I agree with you. After reading their offer, I had the same expectations that you did regarding receipt of certs.

Solution:
    They should either:
    1) give you the certs as their language advertised (you get them without logging in)
    2) give you a refund

IF they want to pay out to players only if you log in each day, then they should change the wording on the advertisement to fit, and then they should only apply it to those who have not already bought it. Then notify the current members that their perks will switch over to the intended ones after their payed for subscription period has ended.

If they don't, then they are burning bridges. Specifically:
    1) customers like you who are directly affected
    2) other players who weren't affected this time, but who not trust SOE in the future to varying degrees

For the record, I am not a member and was not directly affected by this. However, I am interested in helping SOE and players work out problems and both come out winners.
    • Up x 1
  6. Aliasse

Why hasn't a dev said anything about fixing this? >_>
    Guess its not as important.
  7. SgtScum

Its not broken. They 'forgot' to add into the membership page an addition bit of text in all the other little text about having to log in daily to get your certs.

That will probably be added in the next site maintenance.
  8. StrikerKOJ

At the very least, they have updated the knowledge base to clearly indicate the requirements for obtaining "passive certifications", in both the [PS2] Certifications and [PS2] Membership sections as of 3/19/13.

So the man got his refund and was able to affect some change that will hopefully mitigate future incidents like this. I would say thread accomplished.
  9. SgtScum

Indeed. The op didn't quite get all he wanted but it will keep future misunderstandings to a minimum.
  10. MilitiaMan

Honestly 10$ a month for this game is fine with me, I only say 10$ because I get 500SC each month which is 5$ RL.

I don't mind supporting a game I love, I however agree that I first thought that the passive cert gain was stacking. I really wish they would change it so it was.
  11. iller

You're attacking a Straw Man. There's absolutely nothing Childish or Hateful about a 1-off comment comparing your dilemma to a tempest in a teapot. ...Posting feaverishly and invoking Strawmen however.... may qualify as atleast one of those things you claim to detest so much
  12. Caydn

Get a helper monkey and have him log in for you heck he can play your account too :p
  13. MorganM

I just bought a membership last weekend... thanks for the heads up! I had no idea it was like this because they said it's passive cert gain with so many per day. Nothing about logging in to redeem them.

This should be fixed.
  14. Chiss

Lets hope this thread can get their attention, and something happens about it!
  15. JonboyX

I can just about tolerate logging in every day - even though it isn't specified in the T&Cs - but I actually have to log in to every single character to refresh their cert bonus.... totally tedious.

I'm not sure what SOE gain out of it either? Padding their active "character" stats? I certainly wouldn't look at the deal of the day for an alt-character. All it does is waste a minute of time and put pointless load on your servers.

If you're offering a passive cert gain then make it passive. If you want an active cert gain, give 60% instead of 50%.
    Please though, don't make logging in a requirement to benefit when it's the people who can't log in as much who are most likely to be your premium subscribers.
    • Up x 2
  16. Chiss

People have assumed that SOE do this because they want 'log in statistics' to show their investors, to show their game is healthy and has tons of players logging in.
  17. Jakey

How has this not had some kind of official response yet?

I would think it's a pretty big issue with many paying customers.
  18. Stellus

I'd like to know also.
  19. ScrapyardBob

The funny thing is that if they changed the timer to "every 4 days", a lot of people would login less often and end up claiming fewer certs because they'd constantly forget and skip days. With the "daily" method, everyone just logs in as part of their morning/evening ritual and claims certs. They don't have to remember whether it's been 3 or 4 days and because it's use-it-or-lose-it, they have an incentive to do that login daily.
  20. Exigo

Still nothing but silence from SoE, its a wonder they haven't deleted this tbh considering the potential for loosing money.
    I have contacted Support myself and are waiting for a reply.