Purchased common pool item more than once? U Get Nuttin!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Crotalus-, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Lex Striker

This is very true. The players most effected by all this are the very players who have invested a lot of money into this game... and this is the thanks they get? As was said here, not a very good business practice to screw the very customers that are paying the most. Very good observation. So to keep all the money they have now, SOE is willing to lose the very players that would continue to support them in the future. Interesting.
    • Up x 2
  2. HamOnRye

Cough up a link to that twitch stream and I will eat a little crow publicly and agree with you. Until then I will chose to believe the verifiable proof on we have on hand, which happens to be the Roadmap.
  3. keez

Very annoyed with this considering I rerolled my character initially and wasn't given a refund option of anykind, and now I get another slap to the face after all those wasted purchases. I really expected more leniency with SOE. Obviously the small percentage of the people who even do this are the BIGGEST spenders aswell as the most adamant fans who DEFEND you and aren't quitting, yet this is a step toward alienating this vital playerbase that you have built and it could topple and be lost, it's not like we're as stalwart as lets say Blizzard fanboys. This is a relatively new and fickle trust you've built. Essentially if you betray us and lose our trust you're only breaking your own backs SOE.
    • Up x 4
  4. ScorpDK

Account-wide unlocks haven't really changed anything for me. The things it unlocked I already owned on all 3 characters... and now I can't buy the ESRLs because I didn't get any SC back. Welp.
    Now to wait and see if SOE will do anything to ease the pain...

HELL, SOE, you don't need to give me SC back... just give me the cert-cost of the duplicated weapons, and camo-coupons for each duplicated camo I bought, and I would be happy. I can spent those elsewhere and the money remains inside Planetside2! :D
    • Up x 2
  5. Lexicon

@ Highway_star: Rubbish. It was only mentioned with ANY certainty on the roadmap. Before then, it was mooted about as much as implants; i.e. hearsay and nothing more. Stop trying to backpeddle.
    • Up x 1
  6. -Crotalus-

I'm not sure why I'm not surprised there is still nothing coming out of planetside team or SOE top on this .

I just don't get it, you are crapping on the largest financial contributors save your "investors" if there are a
    Any left
    • Up x 4
  7. Lex Striker

They have already said what will be... no SC refund/credit for duplicate weapon purchases... that is it... game over... move on to the next topic on the agenda. However, I will remember this, for what that is worth. I am sure that PS2 will continue to thrive and do well even without my money [shrugs], simple.
  8. -Crotalus-

Ya except that higby did say quite some time ago and before GU4 they were working on a solution....I'd say its about damn time they start informing their highest contributing players what the hell that is/entails
    • Up x 1
  9. Braken

We aren't asking for real money refunds, we just want the cost in either SC or Certs of the duplicate items we've bought. This would NOT cost you much (if anything) at all, AND would guarantee MORE money will come in.

Happy customers = more $. It's as simple as that.

However, alienated customers = NO $. Right now, you have alienated customers...
  10. TheRealTripWire

Duh. Only companies that care about their customers would do the neighbourly thing and refund previously purchased items voluntarily.
  11. Jumpster

This thread has only existed for about a day (at the end of the workweek) and the unlocks went live only shortly beforehand. Please give SOE staff some time to process the feedback amongst themselves. Corporate decisions are made very deliberately, for better or worse.
  12. Halcyon

Sorry, who are you trying to speak for? Us or SOE?
    If you're siding with SOE, you can go to a deep place underground that's very hot with fire.
    If you're siding with us, then you speak for yourself, because they asked for feedback and we're giving it to them.

The ultimate feedback is the account cancellations they receive from this (mine included). Words only go so far.
    BUT MONEY TALKS
  13. Talizzar

I have some beachfront property in Colorado for you too. You will also find BHO diligently fixing the economy there too.
  14. AssaultPig

Sometimes I wonder if the applicants for CR positions on forums like this are asked to include examples of prior trolling of comparably sized user bases.

I mean, refunds are off the table. Fine! I'm sure some people are upset about this, but I'm not. I would like to know if and what other "solution" for customers that bought duplicates is coming, or if the current implementation of accountwide purchases is considered final. If you just said sorry, purchases are final at the time of transaction and we've decided not to apply additional considerations then fine, just be honest about it and take the heat for a couple days. These half-statements you keep making are just confusing everyone.
  15. Zitroxious

lolz some weapons that ive unlocked with certs on my main vanu account are also available on my new vanu account.. ka'ching
  16. Talizzar

Well said and the worst thing about this is that it will cost SOE NOTHING to refund the funny money already cashed in. If they want to give me certs in game instead, I am fine with this. Any other solution would require them to create some secondary monitary solution.
  17. RadarX

Folks while I'd like to say I have more information for you, I don't at this time. I know being vague frustrates some of you, but my main goal is to let you know this hasn't been forgotten about. This is still being discussed but at the time I'm posting this, a blanket SC refund to all accounts is not on the table.
    • Up x 2
  18. Highway_Star

'Not in roadmap, didn't happen' eh? Ok man, peace out.
  19. Traska

What about tokens that represent SC spent and can only be used to purchase PS2 items? Or even the equivalent amount applied as 50% off discounts on PS2 purchases? In that way the purchaser gets their value returned, and SOE still gets positive revenue from each transaction. No one here expects money back (we're well aware of how business works), we just want to know that the money we did spend wasn't wasted. I can actually say with certainty that even if I got the money back, I'd dump every cent of it right back in. But not everyone would, I admit, so I understand why you wouldn't go that route.

But the player base is frustrated. Not because of being vague, but because of the sense of having wasted money, real world money. Each SC purchase is money that could have gone toward lunch, or a game on Steam, or even applied to something else from the PS2 store.

I understand you have no answers, but at this point it would be best served if someone did. Because the frustration is amping up, and it's just the beginning. You have a golden opportunity to not only nip this in the bud, but reverse it. I'd like to see that happen. I don't blame you (or anyone, really), I just want to see this made right. But thank you, RadarX, for popping in here and letting people know they're not being ignored.
    • Up x 2
  20. Stellus

Thanks for keeping us posted. I understand we were never promised SC as compensation. What was promised was an alternative, be it certification points or otherwise. I think the anger was that we thought it was off the table altogether, alternative included. I'm happy knowing that a resolution is still impending.