Purchased common pool item more than once? U Get Nuttin!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Crotalus-, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Ronin Oni

Not really...

when you bought those items, it was under the agreement that it was for the 1 item, on the 1 faction (actually, the 1 character!).

They have a new agreement now, and have retroactively made prior purchases account wide. The fact that you have dupes is another matter... one of which they have not at any point said there would be any compensation for.

YES it would be nice... and very much appreciated and a show of good faith, but not required based upon the agreements of purchase at the time they were made. If you bought duplicate items after the announcement that they were going to work on and add account wide items, then that's entirely on you, as again, they never did promise refund. (they are still looking into what they can do, but don't count on bulk SC refund)

I will be a little disheartened if I don't get something back for my dupe items bought right after launch, but I intentionally avoided buying dupe items even if I wanted them because I didn't know what the result would be, if any, for dupe items. (I have several dupes from before the announcement however right after release... in the range of about $50-70 worth probably)

Radar's always been a top notch guy... the whole SOE team has been really nice to talk with. I'll disagree with some of their decisions and choices (for the love of god, PLEASE no crossbow :p ) but I try to remain constructive and thoughtful about it and avoid pointless insults....

Civility makes the world go round (and is far more effective at convincing someone of your view point. Start insulting and anything else you say goes in 1 ear and out the other)
    • Up x 5
  2. Deronok

They never said they would give refunds. They said they were looking for a solution for those who got them.
    • Up x 4
  3. MilitiaMan

Well I know what the result will be if the stand up and say tough ****.

Never will I purchase another item from any store for any SOE game but I will also cancel my subscription account.

I am sure many will also do this.

Again, I don't give a **** about the SC. Give me weapon unlocks like with Alpha Squad.
  4. Lex Striker

Just be careful if you cancel your account with time left... they will strip your benefits for whatever time you have left... at least for the 500 SC / month, that is. Since I have now lost trust for SOE, I do not know exactly what else may also be forfeited. Sneaky devils.

I have to apologize for my tone here... I am just a bit disappointed in how all this was handled. Silly me, I expected better. I guess one can only count on someone else to do the right thing, as long as it does not cost that someone any money.
  5. Ronin Oni

I have suggested some sort of redemption codes to get some value back out of it... even if they're limited to cosmetics or just boosts or something...

I agree that I would really like some form of compensation for those of us who were big early supporters of the game... as I noted, I dropped some bank on this game (well, to be fair, I did use SC deal days... still spent a lot of flat $$ though)

However it's important IMO to note the difference.... the agreement of purchase when I bought my items was that item for that 1 character.

It's like buying something for $10... and a month or 2 later it price drops (permanent, not short sale) to $5. Did you get ripped off out of $5? No, because at the time of purchase, that was the price. This is much the same.

They aren't obligated to do anything... it would just be a really really good show of faith... and... well, I'd sure love some more goodies so of course I support it :D

More than likely, them not doing anything would negatively impact my purchases for a little while.... so it'd likely be in their benefit to do something... but as I mentioned, doesn't even need to be for the whole value. Just some acknowledgement (and worth something)
    • Up x 2
  6. Leroy Jenkens

Well I'll save you some time reading and give you the cliff notes. We want the "solution". SC refunds seem get the top vote. I'd be fine with certs but we just want the solution.
    • Up x 2
  7. Aisar

I see what you did there ;)
  8. Gary

Well the amount of times i offer people help it is easier to keep the link in my signature then constantly going to find it :) I am by no means biased... They have good support quick response times and every time i have contacted them been more then helpful.

If you ask me Corsair is the greatest support team i have ever been in contact with... They paid £82 delivery each way for my damaged headset to be sent next day delivery to Almere in the Netherlands and back to me in the UK instead of repairing they replaced the headset... That is going to be hard to top.. Especially since it had no warranty or insurance :)

P.S link in my signature will take you to support if you need more info on the matter
  9. Ronin Oni

there are 3 groups of people:
    1. You paid the price at the time for the item, for a single character. You bought it multiple times, that's fine.

2. Other people bought the item for the price at the time. They only bought it once. However today SOE is changing the item types to unlock across all characters retroactively.

3. Others haven't yet bought the item, but will now that today it gets them that item on all characters they'll pony up the cash.

In all cases, people are getting what they paid for at the time they paid for it.

In the 2nd case, people are getting a free bonus to what they paid for.

You still have what you paid for... it simply costs less now.

Last year Battlefield 3 cost $60. Today it costs $10 on sale... $20 when not on sale.

Did the people who bought it 8 months ago get ripped off?

No, the price changed. They paid the agreed amount for what they got at the time they got it.

It'd be nice to get something for having spent so much in the early days to support the game seeing as this was an unexpected change in their plans from the day of release.

If you bought duplicates after the announcement that they were working on account wide unlocks, then you did so under an assumption that you would be refunded. I personally intentionally avoided buying dupes because they hadn't officially stated anything of the sort.

Bear in mind, I own many duplicate items from before the announcement.... and once I heard it I cringed and waited with baited breath for any announcement to the sort. It never came. That's fine, I paid an agreed price for the items I got... recognition would be awesome, but totally unrequired on their part.

You HAVE what you paid for... when you paid for it, it cost more to get it on all characters.
    • Up x 3
  10. NoXousX

It's ok, they'll introduce more OP weapons tomorrow and everyone will spend $7 on them. Then they'll nerf them in 3 weeks.
    • Up x 1
  11. Flukeman62

and you still have those weapons nothing has been taken away from you
    • Up x 2
  12. Aisar

Actually that is exactly what you are doing. You are asking for free SC or compensation for nothing because you think you have been wronged when you have not. You don't understand that which is why you go on and on endlessly even after 10 people explain it to you in clear, logical, mature ways. You threaten to stop playing and not spend money again and again and again as if you are more important than anyone else.
    • Up x 1
  13. Talizzar

Most of the people here don't understand that is was stated that these unlocks would be account wide, there was no mention that a lib part on TR would not work on a NC lib...maybe they do, I don't fly. Higby also made a big deal about taking care of those who bought the same item on multiple factions on the same account.

Taking care of us is not what they released, unless getting shafted is consider taking care of you.

People bought stuff based on his public written message and now they are not getting what was conveyed. I believe there were other twitter post or reddit posts but I am not going to bother looking.

Taking care of you base when you make huge changes like this show integrity. What we got was less than honorable.

I won't buy another thing. They made their decision and I made mine. I guess they are making enough money that they can afford to upset a bunch of big time paying customers. Good for them.
    • Up x 5
  14. Accuser

I can has "solution"?
    • Up x 1
  15. Lord Robert

They will be "working on a solution" for some time I'm afraid, just like they are working on that camo preview update that would cause people to stop spending 50 SC a pop to try out camos to see if they like them

Might be a while....
    • Up x 2
  16. Brusilov [TR]

Thought it might be worth adding... one of the reasons that this situation is more complicated than just giving a refund of SC is that some of the duplicate items maybe have been purchased as part of bundles, or on sales.

If they were to be giving out blanket refund for the full costs of items, they would be losing a fair amount in this deal.

A far more elegant solution is give the people who lost out on account level SC unlocks some sort of additional vanity item, or XP booster. With a booster, at least they can decide how much they are willing to earn back out of it, through game play.

I'm sure there are even better solutions than this, but i don't have the capacity to come up with them. The fact remains that it is a complicated matter, and unless they spend actual dev time that should be put toward fixing bugs and creating new (non-cash-shop) content, they will not know for sure exactly how much each person who has purchased items multiple times has lost out.

I bought more than three weapons that i already had on another server, but there is no way i could tell you for sure how much SC I have spent that was wasted in this fashion. To be honest, i bought these items when there was no confirmation of account wide unlocks and because at the time i felt that they were vital enough to warrant doing so. Additionally... i was freaken loaded with SC at the launch, and there was a lot less stuff available to purchase.

Does it warrant a refund? Not really. Would it make me feel better about the other dodgy cash-grabbing tactics they have used lately, like staggering the sales of weapons so that you cannot compare them and simply choose the one that suits your playstyle? Yeah... I might even buy something for full price once in a while, instead of only ever during sales and after double/triple SC sales.
  17. g3tsh0t

This is unacceptable. SOE is surely losing paying customers over this lazy implementation.

It's hilarious to see how many bootlickers are actually against SC refunds as well. Don't you dummies see the unfairness this has caused for paying players? (The reason this game exists) What harm would come from giving them back however much SC they spent on duplicate items? SOE doesn't lose anything other than some programming time for something that would have massive karmic/PR benefits. Instead they've spit in the face of their most loyal customers for a measly dollar.
    • Up x 5
  18. Halcyon

If you can't bother to give back station cash we now obviously wasted, I won't bother to pay SOE anything else either.
    Account unsubbed.

Hey, it's free...right? Get your financial support from someone else.
    • Up x 2
  19. StrikerKOJ

What bothers me the most is the underlying tone in just about every response to customer displeasure. "Hey, we'd love to make you happy, but it's just a lot of work..." Not that they are incapable, not that they don't know what went wrong or how to fix it, but man... its just a lot of work, you know?

That's the impression I get, anyway.
    • Up x 5
  20. Endlos

Here's some feedback: Wait, no, I can't leave the feedback because I don't want to be banned.

Instead of feedback, here's a thought: You went from
    to: "Our paying customers can all go **** themselves."

How did that happen?
    • Up x 6