Dogfighting etiquette - "you can't kill me - only I can kill me!"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Robin, Mar 12, 2013.

1. LanceHavenbay

Perfectly said. Poor character. That is what it is.
  2. Acceleratio

Well we surely dont have the same oppinion. However i try to understand and respect your point.
    Just keep in mind that those skilless (some have to leanr others just suck because they lack talent) aslo have the same right like everybody else to have fun in this game. Thats the spirit of planetside everybody choose his own way to be a soldier out there. Some will always try to go the easy way. Thats why 90% of the big battle are still fought on the crown.
    You can not teach them! And you shouldnt.
    Thats at least my oppinion
    that beeing said im glad we could settle this in peace :)
  3. overunity

Once you know the plan you can use it to your advantage .
    Mossies kill me easily .
    At less than half health I nose dive ,they realise I'am going to suicide and disengage .
    Or am I ? .Pull up and fly loww out of sight to a safe place and repair .
    It's worked a few time .
  4. Zenanii

This is one of the worst things I know, when you're in a very intentse dogfight with a skilled pilot and suddenly a HA decides to start lobbing seeking rockets at you.
  5. BH Brigade

AA missiles are NOT OP, they are just ANNOYING AS HELL, they require no skill to use, and if you are out in flat land, (like north indar) they are nearly impossible to evade without flares.
    • Up x 1
  6. LanceHavenbay

Rockets from the ground can have line of sight broken much easier than an A2A.
  7. Ogopogo

I'm going to chime in here as a skyguard user.

Occasionally, I am seeing ESF's which have already been damaged to ~50% deconstruct when I begin to fire upon (or while I fire upon) them from a poisiton that they would be unable to escape from (expending after burner, narrow canyon...). Quite frankly it is utterly aggrivating for a vehicle that already is earns on average lower experience than vehicles. It is not nearly as common as deconstruction is while in an ESF, however, it is equally if not more frusterating.
  8. Grotpar

Yeah, well, most of these crashing guys go quite literally face first into the ground or a mountain, they're definitely not trying to land.
  9. Soylent

That is a fair suggestion.
    • Up x 1
  10. Lewk

Quite right!
    • Up x 1
  11. Halcyon

Happens to me constantly, except I don't go on the forums and whine about it.
    I just return the favor.
  12. Zenanii

Yes, but rushing to break LOS puts you in a awful position against the other pilot.
  13. Aparition

I just run into trees... not trying to self steal XP :)
  14. Sabreur

I'm sorry, but I'm having a really hard time hearing you over all that crying. If you can't learn to flare or terrain mask, you have no business calling yourself a "highly skilled pilot". If you're getting ganged up on, then learn to fly with more situational awareness or bring wingmates.
    • Up x 1
  15. cc2001

Auraxis trees are all BR100
    • Up x 2
  16. LanceHavenbay

Sometimes. There is this fun trick I do in my Reaver, where I actually reverse under* the enemy ESF and behind cover such as towers and buildings. I am then able to keep my nose on my target while finding cover(when avilable.) This maneuver also breaks LOS for the rockets more often than not since they are coming from such a low elevation. Now, this does not always work, but it is much better than trying to eat a rocket.

Typically, I run with external afterburners; I dogfight and groundpound exclusively with my nose gun. This allows me to maintain my reverse for a good 8 or so seconds. Plenty of speed to get to cover from S2A missiles.
  17. LanceHavenbay

So, I miss the point where you completely ignore that a rocket coming down from the sky cannot be dodged quite as easily since the LOS can be blocked in very limited ways. That being said, generally speaking I'd say I'm a bit better at dodging rockets than my friend who is a better pilot than I am. He can typically go face to fac with FearMyPewPew and do a ton of damage to him.

Ganaged up on an not an issue, I can handle 4-5 guys on my own. Till A2A shows up and camps out the spot. I'd love to say I was a mossy because I could simply fly away quickly. Truth being told, A2A spam on our server comes almost entirely from Mosquitos and they obviously move far to fast for an Reaver to escape, even with racer. Once a Reaver enters a battle with a mossy, it is stay or die.

I wouldd absolutely love to upload videos to put your troubled "you are a cry baby if you do not agree with me" mindset. But my rig is anything but perfect. I use this thing primary for school. I can maintain 30 fps (Which honest cry babies will cry about being terrible to play with.) and fight with no problem. 10 or lower is the only thing that limits your gameplay. (outside of infantry) -Complaints otherwise is just a sign that you are spoiled.

Now, generally speaking I can handle myself against several foes even if one has A2A... as long as he is actively engaged and not camping. Confronting the A2A who is sitting idle a good distance away, means that you are pegged by nose just as hard as the missile would hit.I have external afterburners, and therefore have superior means for evasion than most other aircraft. Still will not save you from someone camping you with skilless rockets.

Play the game more, get a better since of what direction is. Hills and buildings cannot protect you from something coming directly down from the sky unless you park it. I've had times where I literally evaded under tower pads and tapped the ground with my landing gear on the opposite side of the tower and the rocket still hit me. I'm talking about Amerish and Indar mainly. Cover is abundant in both (exception being top warpgate) and A2A is still over prevalent.
  18. LanceHavenbay

Now you both don't get exp. Congrats.
  19. Poacher

I pretty much only use air to transport from point A to B. I figure if an ESF ends up shooting me I'll take my ash whuppin' since he's not currently ez-mode-ing ground grunts. I suck in an ESF so I'm not much of a challenge for them. Perhaps the VR room will help me to finally figure them out.
  20. ShiroSan

Lol... back when 2 armies would line up and march at each other it was literally a war of attrition with muskets. Then we introduced guerrilla warfare xD Simply put there are no rules when it comes to wars you use anything to your advantage such as politics, guerrilla tactics, sabotage, giving your enemies enemy weapons etc..., if you can name it it can be done! Heck if wars were determined by video games hackers would be #1 resource. (I'm opposed to hacking/aim bots for your info though.) After all Obama is trying to set us up to be unarmed with increased gun control. If we ever lose our amendment to bear arms you know our country is going to have a hostile takeover/war coming -.-' after all your citizens are your last line of defense.