hacking turrets changed ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Elack, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Elack

so far I have hacked 2 turrets the person ejected never rendered on screen ?

the first guy just killed me as I stood there doing nothing because well I couldn't see anyone

the second I jumped straight into the turret but was instantly killed afterwards

there's really not much to the infiltrator than sneaking into bases and hacking was it really nerfed ? or could this be some kind of bug ?
  2. Oreo202

They probably popped out of the turret behind you.
  3. Elack

attempt #3

I did it from in front of the turret they appear about 3 seconds after the hack and can usually get the jump on you this way.
  4. SGTWOLF68

Yea I think it probably takes the game a bit to render the guy that or just a bug.
  5. Elack

it never took time to render them before it just used to spit them straight out
  6. crippler38

probably is either a glitch or a way to make infiltrators stop throwing people out of the turrets without warning
  7. Timeraider

Be sure the turret is shooting. Lately sometimes it shows up as if someone is in a turret even when its empty (you can notice by the turret mostly not moving or shooting)
  8. ManicUndies

Isn't that the whole point of hacking an active turret? We already don't have any anti-armor capabilities so the most we can do to support friendly vehicles is to hack terminals and disable guns. Why should we be penalized for infiltrating a base, slipping passed enemy positions, and sitting exposed for roughly 4 seconds (max hack speed) only to get taken out by an invisible enemy we were supposed to get the jump on.

If this isn't a bug, I'll be sorely disappointed.
    • Up x 1
  9. Syphers

If this isn't a bug good thing that I unsubbed
  10. SGTWOLF68

I have found out...turns out when you finish hacking a turret turn around immediately and start shooting should solve some of your problems.
  11. Elack

original skip ahead to 56 seconds

now

the first video is how it always worked for me before almost every time the second is how it works now, I will die a lot of the time now not counting the deaths and damage I actually take while trying to sneak into a base.

I have had 2 examples where I died before being able to see them.

anyway it would probably be better if 2 people could record / test it and compare but I think you can get the idea
    • Up x 1
  12. Rhyl

Elack, I posted your video in the bug section. I too noticed this bug.
    • Up x 1
  13. Elack

np I was wondering if it was a bug or an intentional change?

I could see them doing it on purpose to give the guy in the turret a better chance but it seems to give them an advantage.
  14. Rhyl

There was nothing about it in the patch notes so either it was a stealth nerf or a bug. I'm assuming it's a bug considering how many other things have bugged out in this patch. Sometimes my tracer darts don't work either.
    • Up x 1
  15. Vaphell

had this problem once today and it was pure BS.

I dropped betty behind the occupied turret, switched to pistol, hacked the turret. 3 seconds pass, nothing happens, then the guy shows up, mine goes off, he still lives. I unload half of magshot magazine into him almost at point blank before he starts spraying. I die, he doesn't. At the kill screen he doesn't look that bad considering betty + several pistol rounds. It almost looked like he got immunity to damage for the first few seconds.
    • Up x 1
  16. Rhyl

I don't know but recently tonight after the hotfix I hacked a turret expecting invisible death and he popped out as normal. Did it get fixed?
  17. Ztiller

Was bugged when i played 30 minutes ago. though it wasn't as long a wait as 3 seconds, but 1 second was long enough for me to die.
  18. Ghoest

I survived a hack yesterday and killed the hacker - I assumed the hacker was an idiot. Maybe he wasnt.
  19. Rhyl

So far things have been fine on my end now but this was the first really irritating bug for me as an infiltrator. One of my favorite things is base sabotage and being nervous to hack a turret with someone in it is kind of discouraging but as said so far all has been well unless my opponents just have slow reaction time. Either way I do believe this is a bug and will get fixed especially if it's sporadic and inconsistent.

Still if it becomes an issue a possible solution might be to set a proximity mine where they're going to pop out and hack the turret from the side where you're out of the blast radius. So when the person pops out they blow up.
  20. iller

Might be a good idea to keep Flak armor equipped then and always put down a Betty first since their triggers are "server-side" and don't have to wait for a change in Vis-Cull checks.