Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. geiselOne

will GU4 introduce performance improvements?
  2. Blackoth

All good in my eyes. in creating a new game engine, if you guys get this thing working in tip top shape, i cant want to see what it can do in the future.
  3. H@buster

Intel has higher per-core performance, while AMD gives you more cores for less money.
    Generally that means, that unless a game has very good multithreading, Intel will always be faster.
    Sadly, PS2 has terrible multithreading and there hasn't been done anything about that so far. And unless they announce otherwise, I doubt it'll happen, since it's a lot more work than modelling a new gun and taking 7 bucks for that.
  4. SgtPerfect

I just built a computer using the FX-8350 and a new GTX-570 card (most AMD motherboards do not support 3.0 graphics card socket, so the new 660 would not be optimized all the way). But the 570 is a lot cheaper. I get around 70 FPS and some times as high as 90.
    It was working extremely fine for 6 months until the last Merge Download, so now I have to reboot every hour.
  5. Avail

Are you talking about pci- 3.0? 2.0 is not going to bottle neck a 660 or a 680/7970 for that matter. 3.0 shines in multiple card setups (2-4 cards) and for any single card solutions the difference will be negligible if at all. Hope this helps so that no one upgrades needlessly just for pci 3.0.
  6. Netsurfer733

I want to know this, too.
  7. KrampfDrohne

i think this game is slow by design, not due some bugs
  8. Themanwithaplan

+1
  9. WalrusJones

I like the devs a lot more, now.
  10. SpeeteR

If frame rates are just too low, check back later. We'll still be kickin and frame rate will be higher.

Shrugging. Why? Because i have a job and can afford to upgrade my COMPUTER

If u have an issue with framrate. Simply upgrade. Not hard to do.

Step 1. Get job

Step 2. Buy Hardware for your shizzle.

Look at that. a 2 step process for increasing your framrate.
    Life's a garden. Dig it.
  11. battlepope

Clever post! Really clever!
    this is my setup:
    i7 2600k @ 4,5ghz
    2x 670GTX SLI
    8 gigs ram
    Crucial m4 SSD

What is it that i have to upgrade? Oh btw after GU4 i run thet game at 20-25fps in large battles. Before i had like 35, which is not acceptable, too.
  12. Jezs

**** large battles at this point, I've been living on esamir/amerish since GU2
  13. CannedBullets

I'll believe it when I see it.
  14. TheEvilBlight

You called it!
  15. Plasmaszap

16. Jezs

Dream on
  17. CannedBullets

Right now it feels like SOE is just adding patches to add more stuff for people to by. I doubt we'll ever get a proper optimization patch unless the community keeps pushing. This just sounds like the kind of PR ******** companies like EA spew.
  18. Emotitron

In fairness with WoW you rarely will see that many entities in one place... and when you did (like a massive raid on Stormwind) it brought framerates to a crawl. There are far more things to track here as well. Every bullet and moving object is something that has to be tracked and transmitted frame by frame. With WoW all that was tracked was player location and which spell was being cast on whom.

Cut em a little slack, they fixed the frame rate issues with the last update over about a week and a half if I recall.
    • Up x 2
  19. Ethancol

I'm suffering issues too like the rest of you and I have a rig that probably shouldn't be! (AMD anthlon II x4 4.0GHZ, GTX 650Ti 2gb, 8gb ram, 600w psu etc.)

I have faith in these guys, they seem far more devoted to the community's cry for help. Give them time, its an MMO with Crysis graphics, probably alot more going on under the hood than most of us could even envisage.
  20. N0008918

"Crysis graphics" o_O
    • Up x 1