Bulletin for solo, paired and small squad players in respect to proposed "lattice" system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Autarkis, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Ganelon

We don't, learn to read.
  2. Badname2490

Well not everyone...but some are getting the feeling like it will.
  3. Ganelon

It won't restrict movement, but it will restrict the strategical freedom we currently have in the game.
    • Up x 3
  4. [HH]Mered4

I like the lattice idea, but I think that its setup needs to be more open-ended, and less of a one way street to the enemy warpgate.
    The system should be based on what (in RL in general) you can do in a certain amount of time,
    For example, you could climb a mountain range to get to that enemy base.....but can you do it in less than 5 minutes? Could you do it if that was a REAL mountain? What if you were in a tank? Would the Army climb up a 20 degree slope without air support to flank a force that might be moving soon?

So bases with a mountain or two between them would be disconnected, as would bases with an absurd amount of space between them with no roads (Think Esamir or Northern Indar). The lattice would go around the mountain, essentially.

And someone needs to fix ghost capping....If you haven't figured out how annoying it is to kill that infiltrator turned anti air HA who is camping your warpgate when you have 50% of the continent....then go to random friendly territories on a busy day and count how many hacked consoles there are.
    Seriously. Do it.

We should start posting a record book, see who counts the most.
  5. Badname2490

I say do it...

I'm tired of the argument and people will always pull **** out of their *** to defend or oppose it. We're blind at this point, we have zero clue how it'll work and run until we finally do so.

We can come up with THOUSANDS of arguments...but in the end we have really zero say because SOE knows more than we do.
  6. THUGGERNAUT

of course, the whiners on the forums always want it both ways. you want more "depth" yet you complained about populations being low and fights being hard to find. you wanted a lattice territory system but now that you see what it's like suddenly you're waxing nostalgic for back-hacking and ghost-capping. this change is going to be nothing but good for gameplay. SOE should ignore these forums if they want the game to succeed.
  7. Ganelon

The forum is not one person, the multiple people posting on the forums have different opinions. Are you capable of understanding that?
  8. Autarkis

People already set up "awesome 100% player driven defensive scenarios wherein groups will set up free form defenses and ambushes that make use of the terrain around them." You've typed a bunch of words without actually saying anything.

The new system creates predictable battlefronts that will ebb and flow back and forth along the same control channels. Larger outfits will benefit from being able to entrench in those few channels with loads of people and either advance one step or fall back one step depending how the battles play out. It's basically World War I in the future.

Smaller groups will either join the main battles or find something else to do that doesn't involve capturing things.

The game is being turned from a freeform strategic sandbox into a plumbing simulator that lets you move clogs back and forth along a few pipes. Plumbingside. Rolls off of the tongue, no?

I really admire how hard you try.
    • Up x 1
  9. Badname2490

I'm not trying at all...people have that belief and im dispelling it.
  10. THUGGERNAUT

keep railing against every good suggestion, m.oron. then whine again when things aren't going your way.
  11. Ganelon

In case you haven't noticed, this lattice system is far from a good idea.
  12. ChaosRender

How are rush lanes going to stop ghost capping or make a base more defensible? If any thing it will promote it more and being a reducing the few option you have to 0. I understand why people like the lanes because they like to zerg and don't want to be bothered with having to think about anything but the base they are shelling.

And no I don't like ghost capping, but I have no problem with small unit capping and small unit defense. I would rather see bases made defensible and have some honest value, be it strategic or supportive.
  13. TheRev

How is this going to reduce it to 0? Explain? From what I have seen on that little picture and has already been pointed out is that the zerg would have to split up into FOUR groups to have the best chance of gating the TR. This is also on ONE tiny piece of ONE map.

You are really pushing my patience with your argumentative nonsense.

Seriuosly if you can't figure out why reducing the options of attack by 25%-50% increases defense then you can't be helped and I and anyone else responding to your posts are wasting their time. To cover all the lanes of attack even minimally would take a continent pop TWICE what it is now.
  14. Phazaar

Hate the idea. The zerg is already the metagame. The lattice system takes out the skill in learning to control it.
  15. TheRev

It splits the zerg up how is that baD???????
  16. ChaosRender

Under the new system you go down one lane I go up another and ghost cap the start of your lane forcing to to turn around since you are now trapped in your lane with out resource where before you where still connected by adjacent bases.

As for getting the zerg to split it wont, it is a zerg it does not think it just attacks. So yes the good thing is zergs will die at warp gates when they get trapped.

And as people have said I can still shell your base how ever i want as long as I follow the lane. The lane will not add better walls, or cover, or defenses to a base it will just let you know they are coming. And knowing the zerg was coming has never saved a base I was in.

But you are right this will increase defense as back capping and ghost capping will be able to strand assaults in their lane with out resources and with limited options on where to go.
  17. TheRev

Won't happen the zerg will split. Good luck ghost capping that ONE connection. See that is the point I don't have to guess where you are likely to ghost cap I can predict and be ready for it. You are arguing for a broken system. When the defensible options go from 6 to 3 it will be much easier and much more fun to try and stop scrubs tacticians like you.
  18. aedn

While i am not sure of the proposed system SOE is putting in place, we lack details for that. Currently there is zero strategic meta in this game. The majority of the player base already treats the game as a cert farm.At this point the game needs to do something in a reasonable time frame to avoid losing more players. Hopefully the propsed system will not be PS1 lattice system, but something that allows more variation in strategy and game play, while making battles more memorable and enjoyable.
  19. Forkyar24

its pointless to even do that,might as well be cod at that point or bf3,dont do it.
  20. Cougarbrit

New.....latittude?
    • Up x 7