TR Combat Medic Weapon of Choice

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by McMottek, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Arcanotechnician

I really liked the TRV, but found myself dropping back to the autoshotgun. I just like it too much to use much else.
  2. Paulus

After getting Auraxium with Cycler T1, i moved on to the TRV to get auraxium in that and stuck with it (3,160 kills and counting). Once you learn to control the kick from firing, the accuracy is decent, although the range is reduced a bit over the T1. For "across the room" distance fights, the TRV is much more versitile than the T1, and i am a big fan of its rate of fire. Equipping softpoint ammo and the advanced laser make it effective at shotgun range and go some way to curing the huge bloom on hipfire. Of course its not going to kill as fast as something like the AS-16 Nighthawk at less than 5m, but its more CQC friendly than the T1.

Ultimately i find myself swapping weapons depending on the fight locaton, but even in a bio-lab, i often end up with the TRV in my hand rather than the AS-16, the limited range of the shotgun tends to leave me feeling less safe than if i've got the TRV.
  3. Matlock0

- Nighthawk for those super close point holding situations
    - TAR for ranges 0 - 50m, great hipfire and good ADS in medium range as well
    - SABR-13 for when I expect to fight enemies in long ranges and not near many buildings
  4. Sossen

Really depends on your playstyle. But I find myself in the 10-30 meter range 95% of the time, and the TAR simply tears it up with ADS. It doesn't matter if you miss a few more shots if you fire them that much faster.
  5. MrIDoK

TR military doctrine in a nutshell. :D
    • Up x 2
  6. Rudette

The T1 Cycler has also been my favorite starter weapon on all classes between both TR and Vanu.
    (Orion a close second I suppose, but this is unrelated to the topic) >.>
    Very versatile gun!

I don't even have a grip on my T1, I just slapped a reflex sight on it. It seemed to really shine after that. That's preference though really.
  7. ClubberLaing

T1B cycler is highly under rated. The sabr-13 doesnt not hold a candle to the t1b.

Even with the advanced forward grip and the compensator on the sabr-13 the 2nd shot will rarely hit the target at range due to the horizontal recoil. this is mostly true at range. in close to medium ranges this is not a problem.

At 100m the T1B cycler can land all 3 rounds from a burst on target with a very slight recoil management (this is not 100% consistant but it is still impressive). I have not been able to duplicate this performance with any other TR gun.

In close the T1B only required 2 pulls of the trigger to kill provided the last round hits the head and if you spam the trigger you would be hard pressed to tell this was a burst fire weapon.

Disvovering the T1B bummed me out about buying the sabr for 700sc
    • Up x 1
  8. Babaganoush

I always enjoyed the TAR or T1 Cycler, but recently I certed into the Uppercut and that's had the best performance for me. TRV USED to be as good as the TAR until they nerfed it. With the TAR + laser you can burst fire at the hip as if you were holding an AK47 from CS.

NEVER GET THE SABR, I have it and it's a terrible weapon. It isn't a sharpshooter weapon at all. If you're not aiming at the person's crotch (at a "sharpshooter" distance), your second bullet will never hit him since the upward kick is so strong.
  9. Kaerius

I really enjoy my TRV, and it was relatively cheap as cert costs go as well. Rips enemies at short-medium, and for longer ranges you can flick the firemode switch and semi-auto them. I've got a foregrip and IRNV scope on mine(my standard short-medium setup). I'd have gotten a compensator on it if it was available, but it's not, and none of the ammo or barrel attachments available appeal to me, I like being able to engage at most ranges.
  10. ColdCheezePizza

I'm partial to the TAR with adv laser, sometimes when healing in the heat of battle, you barely have time to switch to your gun, nonetheless look down scope. The beauty of the TAR is even with ADV Laser and no grip, it still is scary accurate scoped for an adv laser weapon, it recoils straight up, unlike the TRV which has a more up/right recoil pattern. I land a bunch of unintentional headshots when hipfiring with it because of this upward recoil, once you figure out where to start shooting on the body in a straight line of sight target, the last few bullets usually alaways headshot in full auto for me.
  11. DaddyVinoBambini

I'm a huge fan of the T1S. And by huge fan I mean its tied for my favorite weapon (with tmg-50). Most of the time I run forward grip/compensator and 2x reflex. Very smooth handling.
  12. VKhaun

T1S

The base gun is so good, you can just slap on whatever you need for the situation and roll with it.

Big open field between you and the point? Smoke and HSNV in 3x burst mode.
    Long way to run to get to the cap point? 4x and under barrel shotgun.
    Medium range with lots of targets? HSNV + Smoke + swap in a silencer.
    Very hairy with lots of bullets flying everywhere? Reflex 1x + grenade launcher.
  13. Andy789

I love the NS-11a but so many enemies are using shotguns nowadays and the ns-11 just cant compete. Hence, I've been using the TRV and have been winning a lot more 1v1 cqc situations. If you're a serious medic and your job is to keep your team mates alive you'll definitely want the TRV in your hands for close encounters.

Attachments don't matter too much. This gun is awesome either way. I personally use a 1x red dot, forward grip, and flash suppressor.

Go TR!
  14. Jacobbs

If CQC effectiveness if what you're after, I'd recommend the SMG or the pump shotgun over the Cycler TRV. I find the SMG is a bit more versatile than the TRV in terms of range, and the pump just kicks *** if you can shoot straight.

I really like the TRV myself, as I have most of my kills on it, but the SMG seems to be a better fit for my style or medium-close range combat. Once we're in close quarters building assaults, I tend to switch to a shotgun (still saving for the pump, I've only trailed it a bunch). The NS-11A is still my go-to choice when I know I'll be engaging at range. But as soon as it's medium to close encounters, I pull either SMG or pump.
  15. }{ellKnight

I actually have enough certs to buy the shottie (bought the striker with certs as well) but I'm waiting for the next batch of pump actions. TBH I'm expecting them to be better than the first batch, I just wished they released them sooner.
  16. Combat Jorts

Is your shift key broken?
    • Up x 1
  17. BuddhiBadugi

Is there an ETA for the second batch? I am waiting for those as well because I hit the unlock button on any shotgun.
  18. Lamp23

I love the accuracy of the T1S, and it's the weapon I have the most kills with (including gr kills, ofc). Use it with a 1x sight, an under barrel grenade launcher and a compensator (no idea if the compensator helps though). Also, I have started to use the grenade launcher as a kind of shotgun to finish of unshielded enemies at close range.
  19. }{ellKnight

No idea but I'm guessing they'll be released soon-ish.
  20. Astraldk

Main gun is Uppercut pumpshotgun. Unmatched in cqc, which is where most of my medic shootouts take place.
    I'm also building up my SABR-13 at the moment. It really needs all the extra certs to tame the recoil, but I love the powerful 2shot burst.