TR Combat Medic Weapon of Choice

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by McMottek, Feb 11, 2013.

1. McMottek

hello everyone,

i am with the TR and i am mostly playing as medic. so far i have tested a few rifles and i want to share my experience with all combat medics who are interested in this. and i want to know your impressions about the available weapons for the combat medic.

the standard T1 Cycler seemed pretty bad at the beginning so i bought the NS 11A. i thought this would be my weapon of choice. mainly for its statistics, its seemingly good overall performance and its intriguing short reload time. i added compensator, grip and soft point ammo. test firing showed that this gun cannot shoot straight ahead, it always moves to the left and is very inaccurate. forget the silencer it will make things worse.

then i tried the TAR. intriguing stats, although the long reload time got me often killed. it thought this gun would help me in close combat situations because of its very high rate of fire. i added the grip to improve accuracy. the result was pretty much the same as with the NS 11A rifle, but this time instead of left it would pull to the right. the spread is incredible, aiming is almost not possible and hip firing a disaster. tip: aim for the feet, you may hit the head with your 3rd bullet.

then i tried the standard T1 Cycler again and was impressed with its accuracy in both aimed and hip firing. but it does not provide all the addons i would like with my gun so i tried the T1S Cycler. i added a grip so far because i lack the certs for the compensator. there is still spread but mainly up, i can actually shoot in automatic firing mode and even hit targets in both hip and aimed firing mode. the reload time is ok and it got a pretty good assortment of addons, it got three useful firing modes and it is much more accurate than anything else i have tested.

i also tested the AS16 NightHawk and my conclusion was too little ammo to quickly spent with only good stopping power in absolute point blank distance. its for medics who just want to defend themselves and it makes your pretty useless in almost any base assault apart from the bio labs. but the main disadvantage in my opinion is the low ammo capacity which decreases your action radius and makes you very much dependent on ammo supply spots.

i even tested this SABR 13 but only for half an hour and i was not really satisfied with its performance. its descriptions claims that this is a weapon for sharpshooters but i thought it was pretty inaccurate. and its useless in close combat situation as far as i am concerned. maybe a gun for defending the crown...

so if you would want to take my advice: forget all other rifles, they are worth **** and even less you money. (apart from all the rifles i did not test, of course) pick the T1S Cycler and you'll get everything you need for a decent gun. and if you dont want to spend money/certs at all, stick to the standard rifle you start with. its really good.

(this is just a description of my personal experiences)
  2. asdfPanda

The t1 cycler imo is amazing. It is SO ACCURATE. The 750 ROF isn't bad either. Coupled with the 40 round mag, it's a beast of a weapon. However, I prefer the Cycler TRV. I can't use the SABR-13 for my life either. It's a cool weapon, and in the hands of the right person it's probably monstrous, but I just can't get used to the 2x fire mode.
    • Up x 4
  3. Syztemlord

I'd been using the T1S with so so results. Not a bad gun but felt I could do better. After reading some posts on here I got the Cycler TRV last night. I had more kills in half an hour than I did over four hours play the day before! I'd say I'm an average player but with the TSV it has put me way above and that is with just the vanilla version (no mods). I could not recommend it highly enough for any TR Medic.
  4. HerpTheDerp

NS-11A can't shoot straight?

Don't know if serious.
    • Up x 3
  5. exLupo

I love my TRV but I'm also addicted to the Lynx and Armistice. CQ RoF hubbahubbahubba

I remember using a SABR w/ 6x and a compensator during beta for long range play. Also a lot of fun but needs the compensator. I haven't tried the adv foregrip but I bet that helps, too.
  6. Bad News

Nighthawk doesn't really work for medics i own it myself by mistake, did mean to get the semi auto like i have on my other two characters. Must had been sober or something the day i bought it :(
    It is like you say, not enough ammo. but try a semi auto shotgun with extended mag, 12+36 bullets is a huge different from the full auto. And remember you also have a pistol that work great on medium range.
  7. Separatists

Tar all the way lol. its so accurate when u scope in with ironsight and imo its beast in CQC 1v1. when ur reloading just heal urself and run away. haven'r tried the trv, but i heard its suppose to be better than the tar?
  8. }{ellKnight

No offense but it just sounds like you can't properly control recoil.

T1 is a great starter gun.

NS-11 is a great weapon if you use it in it's effective range which isn't close quarters unlike most TR medic guns.

TAR is a great hipfire weapon if you put adv. laser on it.

TRV (which you haven't tried) is my medic gun of choice. It can kill things really really fast in close range. Then again I prefer closer ranges (I'm using Lynx on my engineer and LA).
  9. Littleman

T1 Cycler.
    T1S Cycler.
    TRV.
    SABR-13.
    Armistice.

Pretty much all of the TR medic' weapon arsenal is still warm from being in my hands for so long. The TAR is just... well... egh next to the TRV, and the NS-11, while practically a Pulsar, just makes me feel dirty for not using a tried and true Republic gun.

Even the SABR-13 CAN work in CQC, it's just really clumsy because of the added mental effort of clicking for every one or two rounds fired while concentrating and dodging and aiming. Over greater distances, the only thing better is whatever the body-suits have access to.
  10. Bennybones

TRV or T1S hands down. TRV is excellent because it's accurate and has fantastic RoF. T1S is great because of the attachments. Personally I run with T1S right now simply because I'm addicted to the grenade launcher. I am getting quite a few kills with it as well, not entirely sure if I prefer the TRV or the T1S right now, they're both really solid rifles.
  11. Bucketmaster

If you want to try something cheesy, go with T1S Cycler and add the smoke grenade launcher and night vision scope as attachments.
  12. the pestimist

lc made a video.
  13. Commissar38

I expressed my doubts about the TRV at first now I just feel silly for waiting so long to unlock it. It's a beast in CQB, shreds through VS and NC like it's nobodies business. It's just a little hard to control in distance applications but still workable once you get used to it.
  14. Hypest

BWAHAHAHA! The TRV has OKish ADS accuracy and terrible, truly terrible hipfire accuracy. TAR is better. TRV is cheap, you can use it until you get 1000 certs for a shotgun or the TAR.
    • Up x 2
  15. Jacobbs

I stuck with the NS-11 for a while, but I've recently picked up the Cycler TRV. I haven't tried the TAR yet, but I've been finding myself preferring the Cycler to the NS-11.
  16. Simo

T1 Cycler is my favorite gun of the starter set for all TR. I just put a 2x reflex on it and happiness ensued.
  17. Kedric

Armistice or Hailstorm. Both weapons are amazingly controllable and pour lead down range like a foundry. The bonus is that you can use them for any class, not just your medic.
  18. Teekoon

I have just started using the SABR 13 with some commitment to seeing how it performs. Got some use out of it in a biolab, Vanu Archives, a few towers, and some open-field engagements. I am really, really, really liking it. Toe-to-toe against lights and heavies in Vanu Archives worked surprisingly well, and even in the biolab I was getting a lot of kills and suppressing MAXes and killing their engineers. Outdoors, none of the other medic guns I've tried seem to compare. SABR definitely *is* a marksman's gun.

Overall, I probably still like the TRV better for most engagements, especially qcq, but the SABR is a hell of a gun if you use it right (and have decent aim, perhaps).

I would add that the SABR is probably not a good gun for a noob medic unless they've got a lot of FPS experience. The two-shot semi-auto is where the gun really shines, and it is not the easiest to get the hang of right away.
  19. MrIDoK

I use the following as a all-rounder:
    -T1S Cycler
    good in everything, from cqc to mid/long range combat.
    - 2x reflex
    same as above.
    - Grenade launcher
    once you get the hang of it, it turns out to be a much more useful rail upgrade than the grip or the laser sight or the other underbarrel weapons. If you have an ammo pack nearby you can cover a stairwell indefinately.
    - Soft Point Ammo
    as stated by a dev, it only extends the maximum damage range to 15 meters. This in turn causes the minimum damage range to move forward 5 meters to 90 meters, so at a set range between 10 and 90 meters the SPA does more damage than the standard ammo. The speed loss is totally acceptable for an assault rifle and you can feel the increased damage at midrange.
    - Flash suppressor
    nearly a must-have for all-rounder weapons, it does a good job at hiding you during the night and even during the day it helps. The reduced accuracy during sustained fire is not a major problem, you don't want to use long bursts anyway at any range where such reduction matters.

The TRV used to be my biolab weapon, but as i usually move around with an organized squad i'm not always the first to move in, so the versatility of the T1S beats the roflstompiness of the TRV.
  20. Dictatorfish

What.
    The best assault rifle ADS CoF while moving is 0.25. The worst is 0.35. The Cycler TRV is slap bang in the middle with 0.3. Couple that with the second highest RoF in the whole game (second only to an SMG) and standard TR damage per shot, you have a weapon that is ridiculously effective at adding new ventilation holes in NC and VS helmets at close-to-medium range.
    • Up x 3