Stats for pump action shotguns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RF404, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Dr.Destro229

what classes can use them?
  2. ladiesop

I only trialed on Light Assault but I have no reason to believe it'll be different than the Semi Auto shotguns, so LA, HA, Medic, Engi.
  3. n0pax

NC one is good, TR one is best, VS one is garbage.

I have to hand it to SOE at least they're ridiculously consistent and leave no doubts in the playerbase's minds, VS are without a doubt a second class faction. Why not just remove them?
  4. RF404

Haha! This is such a fun comment :D
    Did you even test them?
  5. n0pax

I did indeed, all three. I main TR, VS secondary faction (was needed because I was on Jaeger and Soltech for TR/VS respectively, so I struggled to find battles at off-peak hours), NC just for fun from time to time (only level 35 or so).
  6. RF404

So I'm guessing that this is your opinion about the Battle rifles too, eh?
  7. n0pax

I feel NC BR is vastly superior to the other two. TR and VS both are relatively even overall, in my opinion.
  8. X3Killjaeden

sooo, TR and VS have been whining about beeing oneshotted by dual scat/hack/whatev maxes ("no thing should oneshot blabla") and now normal infantry can do the same thing to other infantry ? Let's start collective whining?
    • Up x 1
  9. Inzababa

omg u **** I thought this was a thread in which you provided them -_-
  10. RF404

If you actually bothered to read the thread you would've seen that I did post them
  11. Inzababa

put them in the first post you nub ...
  12. Dr.Destro229

way to be a *******
  13. Inzababa

oO
  14. Rusky

NC and TR battle rifles are identical stat wise so can't see how you came to that conclusion.
  15. Sinoby

You do know that pump-actions are exactly the same, right? ( not counting projectile speed and 0 bullet drop on vs)
  16. Linedan

I bought the Claw because, well, I'm dumb and gullible. I should've just trialed it.

Point-blank it's just nasty. Put the circle on center of target's mass and click and it dies. One shot, one kill, Barney guts all over the back wall of the bio lab. Nothing but an HA with his shield up will survive it as near as I can tell. But if you miss, you may be screwed due to the slow refire time, an SMG will kill you during the pump animation at those ranges.

Is it a big improvement over a semi-auto or full-auto shotgun like our Sweeper or Piston? Not really. 5 rounds (7 with extended mag) means you're taking forever to reload one round at a time constantly, you can't really spray and pray with it, and the damage falloff is what you'd expect from a shotgun--OHK at 0m, a full mag or more to kill at 20m. The Piston (my favorite) might take two shots to kill instead of one, but it gets those shots off pretty fast.

But...for somebody with fast reflexes, in a confined situation like a bio lab or tower fight? I could see these being very situationally useful. I don't know about them being worth 1000 certs/700 SC, though.

EDIT: Does a laser sight actually do anything with shotguns? The pump-actions will mount one, but I can't see how a laser sight would tighten up a shotgun's choke...unless nanites?
  17. Ghosty11

LOL That's kinda like a foregrip for a bolt action sniper rifle! GG SOE!
    • Up x 1
  18. Dusty El Lion

Nanites. Laser dots work like that on Battlefield 3 shotguns for some reason.... and that seems to be the model for this game.
  19. ladiesop

I'm not sure about the pump action, but the semi-autos probably fire fast enough that the cone of fire (different to the spread) recovery has some effect on it.

You'll still want extended mags almost any time though.
  20. Izriul

Didn't bother trialing, just went out and bought it for VS, added extended mag, IRNV, first kill was an NC heavy overshield up. One shot, one kill.

Since playing with it, it seems overshields don't make any difference, get close enough it's a OHK.

Love it.

It's OP.

But love it.

P.S Have the pandora, even with a lot of certs in it, not that fond of it, don't know why I just think because being VS it doesn't feel like a shotgun, doesn't look like one, and doesn't sound like one. It's alright I guess, but I'd rather have an NC/TR one because they look so much better. Still, the pump action doesn't look like one either, but who the hell cares when it's corpse after corpse.

Does make my OHK UBS for the solstice rather useless though, but hey, more UGL spam now.