Don't waste your SC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zaik, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Zaik

Okay I lied, apparently it can one hit kill. Just got three in a row.

Seems to be an even closer range version of the auto shotty.

Still wouldn't recommend buying it.
  2. Sedisp

3. Gav7x

It can get a 1 hit kill, while the others only a 2 hit, thats good enough
  4. MadGelo

I wonder how they gonna work with slugs, lol

1 shotting everything at medium range?

great idea SOE
  5. Phaze

Bad? Are you kidding me?

These things are ridiculous... and... ah screw it, I'm sure others will say what I'm thinking.
  6. Phazaar

Happy to confirm this is 100% wrong. New shotguns are a one hit on a target without nanoweave at almost point-blank range. At around 5m it becomes necessary to get headshots with a few of the pellets; this is probably because of pellets missing target, not damage reduction. At around 10 metres it becomes a 3-4 shot kill.

There are 10 pellets in each shot, so I'm assuming 66% damage increase over the 6 pellet cartridges? Also as a bit of a PSA, when trialing the weapon, you are able to use the slug ammunition.

The hugely limiting factor with this weapon is the reload time. A 5 shot clip outside of ultra-CQC means one full clip per kill if you're lucky, and then what appears to be a 5 second reload time. The reload time scales with how many shots are being reloaded. This is a good thing. The problem is that it does not allow the most basic feature FPS games have had since GTA; you cannot break the reload cycle. This is idiocy at its finest, and something that SOE -needs- to address for these weapons to be anything more than a 'chancer' type thing where you hope for someone to run around a corner to one-hit, and for all your pellets to land.

There is one upside to the weapon though; everyone's gonna have to **** about ScatMAXs now that an infantry class can do just as well. Every TR/VS that comes in here saying the new pump actions aren't OP because they're ineffective at range is gonna get trolled something fierce.
  7. centurionvi

It isn't magazine fed, you can fire once a shell has loaded, you don't have to wait for all of them.
  8. Phazaar

Incorrect. This distinctly does not work on the NC one. 5 of us trialed it and everyone complained about exactly that. Unless it's simply bugged implementation, but I do imagine a bug of that nature would get caught in testing... Oh, wait... Testing? :p
  9. MayorD

at 5 m range this thing is da mn good. but by 10 m+ its just useless. i'll wait some time before buy it.
  10. Adamar09

So that's like every other shotgun already in the game.
  11. Irexistus

I tested the TR pump-action and I could interrupt the reload and fire the 'already loaded' shots by just firing mid-reload, so at least for the TR pump-action you appear to be mistaken.
  12. centurionvi

Maybe. The TR version can fire as soon as a shell is loaded.
  13. ladiesop

I didn't realise the trial included slugs. How do they fare?

This game has a lot from Battlefield Bad Company 2 in terms of the damage model. These pump actions have 2 fewer pellets than those (in BC2 they had 12) but pump much faster. The BC2 slugs did 100 -> 50 damage depending on range, where a normal player has 100 HP (and I think 2x multiplier on headshots meaning you could kill with one headshot with a pump action slug gun).
  14. Lucidius134

Bugged implementation, i just trial'd it and could interrupt only in specific frames of the reload.
  15. Munq

TR one is good, VS one is bad. Haven't tried NC one.
  16. Lucidius134

Just divide weapon damage and hp by 10 and you got BC2 numbers. Also, I played alot of BC2 and it really does use alot of gimmics from it, which is what bothered me about it. The Suit Mods are just like the Soldier Mods in BC2 (Extra ammo, flak, body armor, extra nades.....munition pouches.........................)
  17. hawken is better

Honestly, I just could not recommend getting the pump action. I've only used the TR version, and It does one shot people (I've gotten at least 3 one-hit kills in close range), but it's completely outclassed by the NightHawk. I dominated more than one NC pump wielder with the NightHawk at close-medium range; the gun's added bit of damage just does not compensate for its rate of fire.

Now, if the thing were more accurate/the pellets had a much smaller spread, then it would be worth the certs/SC, but, of course, the crying would never end.
  18. ladiesop

Yeah, it does take a lot from it though the weapons actually kill slower in this game. I'm glad they didn't include the extra bullet damage one though, as that almost always seems too much of an upgrade.

Does the PS2 pump slug do 1000/500 or something cut down like 800/400?
  19. Badname2490

Wonder how long it'll take for people on the forums to start crying for a nerf.
  20. Lucidius134