Why play more of *this* VS ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haya jii san, Feb 24, 2013.

1. R3D3

I played since this game came out nearly exclusive VS - i read the description of the 3 fractions short and thought hmm VS sounds cool and investet so far 30 € for SC to buy VS stuff.

I become very angry when i must read in many threads VS is the easy mode etc. because of the Mags pre GU 02, their guns with no bullet drop and so on and on and on.

I am no magdriver, never was, i took one if i had to destroy a sunderer (quickly) or something. I dont know what happend but after GU 02 VS makes no more fun. The changed Warpgates especially on Indar doesnt matter, ok now i unterstand why the NC was complaining about it, but this isnt gamebreaking for me. BUT playing VS makes no more fun, VS have nothing special any more and the biggest reason VS on my server is massiv outnumbered by TR and since GU 02 even more by the NC.

Ok so i tried a bit the other ones. Most of the time as NC as infantry and to describe their weapons with a few words, hit like a truck and kick like a mule. i like those weapons.

Today afternoon i started to play TR and what shall i say OMG why the hell i have ever chosen to play VS? The whole TR stuff is amazing and this uncerted.

The repeater, wow a smg pistol.

Why should i buy as heavy another weapon as the stock one.... to get an even better one? Big mag, high rof and easy to handle recoil with autofire from 100 to 0.

The stock engi gun amazing, those extra 10 bullets are op, i trade my VX 6-7 or HV 45 instant to get a stock Trac 5? and the other ones are even better?

All the theoretical disadvantages like bullet drop and damage falloff, doesnt matter in fact because 90%, ok pessimistic 80% of the whole infantry fights are at distances below 50 meters.

This prowler with its stock heat gun is way better than every other stock tank. The reload time is ridiculous short and infantry muhahahaha (need a big troll face here) and fast as hell.

Now i understand why on almost every server the TR are the strongest population and hell yeah they could get one more.
    • Up x 4
  2. ShureShot

The only thing that was unbalanced about VS was the magrider, and not even because the tank itself was op, but because the movement of the other tanks was/is just plain bad. Instead of giving the other tanks some traction (after all they are vehicles on tracks), they just keep adding damage and velocity and armor. And instead of making the movement on the other tanks better, they made the movement on the magrider worse. But not in favor of damage or armor of course.

In merely three lines you manage to say that having more ammo isn't preferable but having more ammo makes a big difference.

But maybe I'm just jealous of your cosmos, I bought dual nebula and they are terribad. At close range a single scat or hacksaw is better, and at medium range a single mercy is better :(
    • Up x 1
  3. Shasbot

Vanu is number #1 faction at ghost capping Esamir and Amerish.
  4. Tekuila

Well 25 more bullets in a maxsuit on two arms makes quite a bit more difference than 10 in a carbine hehe. :p
  5. Haya jii san

Right on the spot what you mentioned about the magrider. Give them traction, give the buffs for all i care, but taking out of the game the one thing that made the maggie fun to play is counter-intuitive at best. And last thing is, Higby is a complete %^&. He's so overly bold that "rude" is the only way to descride him along with his twitter profile. Another thing back then was lying as well, but ... Personally, i feel he's subpar to SoE standards but ... what can one do right ?

In another direction, I see a lot of hate on these forums. Many wandering around taking pleasure with other person's sadness or whatsoever. It's understandable to fight in-game. I respect that same way i respect my opponents. But this comulative hate is beyond me.
  6. Jachim

You know, I agree with the OP on the MAX front. The VS MAX is lacking severely. The MAX pass should help alot there.

Everything else, no.

Just... no.

VS Guns are heavily overpowered, especially when upgraded. Their TTK is just as good as any other group. Their recoil is VERY low.

Please explain to me why I went 42-2 (rougly) when I rolled a VS alt to play with a friend? There are people to /PAY FOR HACKS/ taht give low recoil/spread.

The reason the VS is underpopulated is a compounded issue due to all the crybabies who miss their overpowered tank leaving the game entirely or joining the NC which has had a meteoric rise.

Your Scythe (air to ground mostly) is utterly overpowered and puts the Mossy/Reaver to SHAME.
  7. Munq

I agree. Super biased start of a thread, with no mercy and no consideration for the other point of view introduces a discussion that achieves nothing but bickering and waste of time.
  8. Jadith

You would be surprised what can be accomplished here. If science can yield equations giving the probability of a neutron striking a nucleus, surely we can figure out how hard it is for a magrider to doge an incoming projectile at various ranges.
  9. RichardDunn

If you hate the Vanu, like you should, join the TR on Soltech. We're constantly outnumbered, but have the best organization. The Vanu usually have the population advantage by ~ 5-10%.
  10. Phsychotica

- MBTs are actually reasonably closely balanced now with the Prowler taking a slight advantage. (Nothing compared the advantage the Magrider had for several months.)

- The Magrider still has a lot of maneuverability. (A few of what you think are nerfs are actually bugs i.e. The strafing hasn't been changed at all however a bug has occurred which you have described.)

- Guns: I'll admit that the TR having extra bullets in the carbines and ARs is unbalanced but that doesn't mean you're underpowered it means another faction is overpowered.

- Pistols: The Manticore is not a rebel-wannabe, I believe it is stat for stat identical to the Magshot. At least the VS have a choice of pistol the Rebel is pretty much a direct downgrade from the Magshot. Anyway in this game pistols are finishing weapons not primaries so they're not meant to be really good.

- MAX: This is the only real problem but a MAX overhaul is coming next month so it's a moot point.

- Population: Probably due to FOTM players. Will hopefully even out over time. Not much you can do about it.
  11. Syylara

Maybe 2 months ago and maybe still at off-peak hours like 4am or 1pm for a half an hour or so at a time.

There was a seriously low point for VS a few weeks back where we couldn't get over 30% prime time, it has stabilized a bit, but NC and TR have had some dominant population figures at times, recently.
  12. Disparu

Yes the VS has a 18% server wide pop because they're so overpowered. Please buff us so that we can lose even more players.

You are the best argument against democracy I've ever seen, please don't breed.
    • Up x 1
  13. ShureShot

Yeah on the max it's 50% more while on the carbine it's 'merely' 33% more. Thing is, I use my carbine 75% of the time, and my infantry max only 1% of the time ^^.
  14. moooosa

Yesterday I saw an NC MAX solo four Magriders, no joke. When are they going to nerf those things?!?
  15. RichardDunn

I don't know what server you're playing in. The Vanu have had the population advantage in Soltech since launch. I'm not saying they have the population advantage at every literal second, but they do have the majority of the players. However, the NC used to have the lowest population until a few weeks ago when the great purge occurred and everyone joined them due to buffs.

Your purple spandex is probably to tight to realize that.
  16. Baleur

That's not what he said at all.....
    • Up x 1
  17. Cull58

Amazing then how all the best pilots say the mossie is the best esf.
  18. Calisai

I think it's a combination of all the factors of GU2. Combine the nerf of the magriders hill-climbing... the increase of velocity of the other MBTs... with the move to the SE warpgate that requires fighting uphill to get to the other sides. The combined effect was to decrease VS populations dramatically (4th empire guys moved to TR/NC... and a bunch of the older PS1 VS stopped playing VS due to flashbacks of being outpopped for so long in PS1)

The other night on Mattherson... VS had 17% global pop.... down from a 26% primetime pop. It's been a vicious cycle that as been getting worse. Whether the Mags nerf was needed can be debated... HOW it was done was damaging. Combining it with a buff to the other empires as well as a warpgate shift... It should have been done in progressive patches to limit the PERCEPTION of overall VS nerfage.

The horrible buff/nerf/buff/nerf cycle is playing itself out again in PS2... I hoped that they would have learned from PS1... guess not enough people left from the old game.
  19. Playful Pony

You can't /thread your own thread, can you? That seems pretty stupid anyway, and it makes it painfully obvious that you have no interest in hearing other peoples opinions unless they reinforce your own. Then again you pretty much say just that in your post, so no bombshell there...

There might be something with the warpgate rotation... Remember how NC used to be underpopulated, but as soon as the warpgates rotated all that changed? The SE warpgate on Indar is simply terrible, and that's by far the most populated continent... I don't personally think they needed to nerf the Magrider, the other MBT buffs were enough, but lets not ignore the warpgates in all of this. In regards to population issues I'm confident this must be the biggest cause.
  20. Calisai

From what I've seen here and on PSU... the ONLY server that has VS population near or above the other two is soltech since GU2. So count yourself lucky.... and know the added VS population is welcome on Mattherson. :)