Strange Awesome Players I've been encountering lately, how "bad" am I?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dkamanus, Feb 24, 2013.

1. p10k56

We have few infils as well with same behavior. Sadly is hard to record them when they attack from behind:)
  2. TeknoBug

Light assauls are the most annoying for me to fight, especially when in fights that causes my FPS to drop, they're harder to hit when they're flying around.
  3. Theodwulf

I almost walked away from this game because some players were just a little too "awesome". I figured if they were all legit, then I was just out of my depth. I gave it another go and relized some things. Firstly those whom I suspected of cheating always had a "kewl" name, secondly they had vanity items out the ying yang. I did a little research and found there are plenty of hack sites that one must pay for, like a monthly sub fee. Think how lame someone must be, first they play a "free" game , and dump money into it within the ruleset to improve performance , THEN going outside the ruleset and dumping more money to make themselves nearly unbeatable. I have learned to weep for these people.
    Their cheating makes the game more challenging for me and gives them some self worth, so in a way I am grateful but I do feel sorry for them. They cannot stop me from having fun, thus they cannot win.
  4. Vaphell

i main infiltrator and this LA youtube clip rubs me the wrong way. Squishy 'infiltrator' has to announce his presence to everybody in the 100m radius (50m if the audio setup is junk) because his crappy semivisible 12sec cloak is apparently so imba, yet the LA can fly absolutely silently around like he owns the fkin place, dropping c4 left and right and can land on people's heads without them noticing.
    I've seen few infiltrator pwnage clips but excluding more or less stationary sniping they were nowhere near such a level of control over the player's fate and were 50% of pure luck, which is expected when you can operate only on people's eye level and can't freely choose the angle of attack like LA can.
  5. Rhinzual

Oh it wasn't from behind, it was from in front. I started to turn my LMG (the default w/ Forward Grip + 3.4 scope) from the 'middle point' between the two so-called doorways to the one the Infiltrator was using and was dead before the cross hairs even reached her torso. Then as I said, two seconds later the LA next to me was dead ending via headshot and then another (glitchy maybe), so like I said, unsure if it was skill or hacks and over well before I could fire off a single shot at CQC, so I reported just to be on the safe side.
  6. Ash87

Okay, here is the thing though, there -Are- people who still consider Planetside 2, the first one. There are pockets of people on every server obsessed with KDR, who refuse to contribute towards battles because it'll hurt their KDR, who are of a very high BR, but I don't see them being the majority of players, just a very vocal minority.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rhinzual

I've died to a lot of LAs using C-4 and it's not me being oblivious. I was at first until I remembered back to my days of AvP2 and would do this weird technique known as 'looking up'. So since then I've noticed the little C-4 brick getting dropped right at my feet out of the corner of my eye (like the tech plant roof slits near the turrets) and literally would say out loud to myself stuff like, "Well ****" or "Son of a..." or even "Mother *******..." and as I was saying that, the little ****-brick as I shall now call it, detonates and I die before I can even run away.
  8. HyperMatrix

We have hundreds of those on our server. They play from *another country on the other side of the world I can't name without being called a racist* through a VPN, giving them some very impressive 500ms-2000ms ping times.
  9. Xine2k

The problem is that you play light assault and light assault is the worst class in the game. True life. Stop playing that newb class.
  10. aedn

There will always be hackers in the game, some are easy to identify, like the 2 low levels i fought last night. Most of the smart ones only use specific hacks at certain times. Eventually though they will get caught. Unless SOE requires some kind of identification or means to tie account creation to credit cards or other ID, nothing will change
  11. Moxin

The issues are found in the game itself and "outstanding players" are obvious to many other players. Such situations on the video posted was for me not extraordinary, they were quiete regular at least they did happen often.

At first I was thinking, wow just a better player but at the end I did not believe that PS2 is the host of the elite FPS gamers since I dont meet that many in other FPS games.
  12. Wargrim

I notice 2 things after the last patch: More server side lag, and the effective range of all weapons has been increased due to the bigger rendering distance. That mean i will die much faster against infantry weapons, especially VS ones that almost all have a very long effective range now.

The server side lag means i am seeing more teleporting / warping, being shot around corners / through cover, being shot shortly after killing someone by that same person, being shot by someone playing a reload animation on my screen, being shot by someone clearly looking in a different direction on my screen.

I think those kind of things can explain the OP's observations, you did not get worse or the others got better, the entire gunplay is suffering somewhat at the moment.

If i look at your last deaths, almost all of them are by weapons that can be used at range now, when that was not always possible before.
  13. Rhinzual

You're a fellow Dolt, aren't you?
  14. Moxin

Such issues did exist since release not just since a short time what the OP is talking about.
  15. Wargrim

Yes but i feel it has gotten notably worse.

@Rhinzual yes i am, who are you?
  16. p10k56

Some people will always accuse Mr. LAG:cool:

On my second death i was actually shooting on other NC then he pops up from behind wall end finish me. Lost his shield that way cause he shielded other fellow (don't think intentional). So I become suspicious about radar of some sort.

Third death I intentionally chose more covered path to try out my radar theory and he finds me:rolleyes:
  17. Moxin

Well lag/hit detection/missing frames are an issue for sure but hacks and missing anti cheat protections are additional.

Once, I was in a room capturing and saw nobody, was looking around the corner....nothing to see. Went back and got hit from bullets, in a room with nobody else and prtected by walls. I died from the hits and suddenly when I was dead already a player was running around the corner.

This was the worst case for me when it comes to hit detection and missing frames, other ones were more reasonable when you actually see the enemy and run into cover but getting still hit.

But the most what I encountered were actually "outstanding players" like in the video posted.
  18. Koadster

I had a 'awesome player' experience tonight at MAO Tech. A HA I see run around a corner so I chase him, get quite a few hit markers into his back and he jumps spins around and nearly instant kills me while STILL in the air.

Well he died a few times to the guy who seemed to easily one up him each time and stops shooting as soon as he died.. still a bit suss
  19. PaladinZERO

I get this from time to time, and it always earns a /report. I mean, come on, if you are running from someone and instantly flip around for a perfect head shot, it just screams "I am a cheat." What's funny is they can't even accept when they have been beaten, using a cheat to save their ***. Hopefully they get caught and banned.

Last night, I also used /report on an inf, not that he was cheating, but had the name "LickMyBlueSmurfBalls".
  20. Raap

Yup, hacking is getting out of hand lately. A fair estimate would be about 1 in 10 players I encounter cheat in some way, excluding the really obvious ones. And that's a number I pick when being careful, it could be much more at certain times.

I've got people shooting me through walls, locating me while being hidden for a while and not firing (you know, around a corner, and a guy pops up and instantly knows where your head is located), and other, harder to spot advantages.

This game needs a solid cheat detection system and harsher cheater banning policy, as much as it needs server merges.
    • Up x 1