Why play more of *this* VS ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haya jii san, Feb 24, 2013.

1. LeanV

I'm actually in the pro magrider party, but you seem to have a the terms "fact" and "hypothesis" mixed up.

It is a fact that gravity exists and that everything goes up, must come down.

A hypothesis would be that all Vanu LMG's are better than their NC counterparts. Hypothesis' are not to be taken as a viable truth until substantial testing proves the argument through trials, testing, and hard data.

Haven't you heard of the scientific method? I mean... seriously dude.
    • Up x 1
  2. Haya jii san

I think i did mention i do not welcome trolling. What do you want around here ? **** back to where you came from !
  3. Haya jii san

Never ever seen one Vanu complain about the Warpgates. Let this rest ...
    • Up x 1
  4. Vikarius

Actually you are the one who has them mixed up. Hypothesis would be the a conclusion based off data. This conclusion can be easily, opinionated, biased, and is not evidence of fact unless, like you said tested objectively from all variables and spectrums

You already killed off your claim to knowledge of scientific method, with the gravity analogy. In turn said analogy supports what I said in the very post you quoted.
    Gravy exists ON EARTH, and that everything that goes up, must come down.
    Then the hierarchy would commence with substantial evidence.

Or are you actually ignorant to the point you would claim when gravity was seen as fact, someone only took 1 snippet of data?
    With that 1 snippet, how could they possibly prove that gravity did not only exist in the location they were at? How could they possibly prove that gravity was not man made by means unknown to them but not others? etc etc
  5. Haya jii san

S
    Stopped reading after "The Beamer is the best"

Try better next time ...
    • Up x 2
  6. TheRealMetalstorm

lol it wasn't a serious post. Just trying to put a point across that all 3 factions are jacka sses.

Uh, last bit was me laughing at how prowler is now outperforming magrider, good change for one.
    And also, i'll continue to entertain myself with you. Here goes!
    I'm also just stating how the magburner is used now, not saying your suggestion isn't useful. Lulz.
    I presented data that was factual (as opposed to fictional data)
    It does not paint the whole picture
    But it is a fact that MBT-MBT K/Ds are now much more balanced.
    And yes, that is why I said, referring to MBT-MBT K/D,
    "Oscar pistorus shot his girlfriend" <-- is this a fact?
    Even if the whole truth was that he shot her by accident, or that he shot her on purpose,
    it won't change the fact that he shot her.
    Damn, even english makes me label it as a fact when I use the language.
    in other news, for everyone else and those vanu who know how to laugh at the current situation of MBT advantage reversal:
    Lol vanu's tears logic and reasoning is beautiful!
    You can't deny that magriders were OP pre-patch. Oh oh wait no, maybe you can. I wanna see you do that!

also don't /uck with me about science, especially physics. don't go there. i got banned from the flat earth society forum for hard-countering their trolling with a mathematical analysis on mr Big Bold G and why everyday data doesn't correspond with a flat earth. (boils down to disputing their idea that constant small g is consistent with a flat earth. the claim would've held water if not for a little flaw, but anyway, lesson learnt was that carl f. gauss isn't the only god in this world with his stupid surfaces. at least he gave us a great tool to analyse fields)
  7. Haya jii san

That was the wrong graph from Higby. Your NC tanks are nowdays 'better' (as having better KDR than current Magriders) as depicted in his twitter post.
  8. Haya jii san

I was refering to Vanguards having better armor than Mags & Prowlers. Don't rush yourself to jump into conclusions. I've done my homework before posting what i did.
    • Up x 1
  9. Haya jii san

So do i ...
    • Up x 1
  10. Vikarius

z

Incorrect again...
    A. the data would have to have a hell of a lot of variables covered to be factual. You only provided partial evidence. Partial evidence is not factual.
    B. "Oscar pistorus shot his girlfriend", this is not even close to being even possible for judgement whether factual or not. This is a conclusion, a conclusion lacking evidence, and real data. This could merely be an observation, an observation that could be construed by simple things like halucinations, psychological disorders, extreme bias...etc

But keep showing your extreme bias, that with your lack of understanding on evidentiary claims, it only makes it easier for me and the readers.
  11. TheRealMetalstorm

This is the correct graph ;) check his twitter. If not, post my picture next to the picture of the corrected data.
    Thanks!
  12. Haya jii san

Enlighten me how was VS "Fotm" ? I get the whole drama with the old Magrider. I do. Even yet i don't find that as "OP" as people claimed it being but that's another story.

So, how's VS "fotm" ?
    What i did mention at the start of the thread were ALREADY IN PLACE before GU2 ...
    As a proof tell me one thing that we're "good" at. What's VS asset ? Purple spandex ? :p
  13. †Ashley†

Can someone on twitter ask him to post the Tank V infantry graph?
    • Up x 1
  14. Cull58

This whole argument about VS having been FOTM is laughable. TR have always had the largest population, they are flavour of the game. May aswell call it Terranside 2 and be done with it.
    • Up x 3
  15. #yoloswag420

I do agree Vanu has some problems but they aren't UP relative to the other factions. In all honesty, NC is more UP the Vanu yet they don't have the same population problems.The magrider was certainly OP before but the buffs may have been a bit too much. In any case, it is naive to pretend like the magrider being a murder machine was the only reason people played Vanu.

Vanu infantry weapons are really good, on average they are far better then the selection the NC has and comparable to the TR. What drives me away from playing Vanu is the way their weapons handle. As I mentioned, Vanu have great infantry weapons but they just don't "feel" right to me. It bugs me to fire a machine gun and have it make little farting sounds as it spits plasma, maybe it is just me but when I fire a machine gun, it should sound powerful as most NC and TR guns do.
  16. TheRealMetalstorm

Sigh... it is a FACT that prowlers and magriders and vanguards are killing EACH OTHER with the same (within tolerance, compared to pre-patch) K/D?
    Is it a fact that their KDs are the same (within tolerance, compared to pre-patch)?
    Let us check! Looking at the graph, the KDs are the same (within tolerance, compared to pre-patch).
    So I conclude that Yes, prowlers and magriders and vanguards are killing EACH OTHER with the same (within tolerance, compared to pre-patch) K/D
    LOLFACT.

Is it a FACT that prowlers and magriders and vanguards are on equal footing?
    I don't think so. Prowlers **** infantry, while being able to engage magriders and vanguards effectively.

Is it a FACT that VS don't like their magrider as much as last time?
    Ya, duh.

<3 you VS. sorry we took the trainer wheels off. Even if you think we still have them on, it won't change the fact that yours are still off. It'll take about 2 game updates to 3 game updates before they take ours off, if ours are still on. About the same time it took for them to take yours off.
    Love, NC and TR. mostly NC.
  17. Haya jii san

Won't even bother with your overwhelming stupidity.

If i don't speak my mind this game will blindly generate more of these (GU2++) "Prowlers". I've let them whine and with their tears they flushed away what was fun for me into the game. You expect me to sit here peacefully and let them do their bidding without me, us, the VS, do something about it ?
  18. TheRealMetalstorm

#yoloswag420dubstep is better!

and yes, you are right. But you will learn that the most efficient way to extract tears from the endangered species known as Vanu is to be HALF reasonable and HALF logical. It's like teasing. They see that glimmer of hope that they might change your mind and make you see from their perspective. I mean, come on, would you try to convince an obvious troll? No! Play it in the middle! Don't checkmate them immediately. Take all their pieces, let them promote a pawn and take that out and viola, you'll never be thirsty again.

Somewhat agree, TR and VS have been comparable in terms of FoTM quality.
    Sadly, VS is no longer FoTM, and 4th empire has rolled out.

Ya, so now it's our turn to let you whine and with your tears flush away what is fun for you.
    Magrider was op.
    Suddenly, magrider was not op.
    SUDDENLY, TEARS
  19. ShakareeNC

The problem is SOE decided to triple Nerf our tanks, you slow our strafe and climb, increase damage and velocity of enemy MBT and then you slow down velocity of the Saron.....3x Nerfs, 3x Buffs for NC/VS.....NOT how you balance. They should of left Magrider as it was, and then gave the NC/VS the higher damage, and the higher velocity THEN looked at the "stats" Higby always brings out. Magrider was not OP, it was working as the Devs who designed the damn tank intended! The Prowler and Vanguard were UP. Now the Vannie and Prowler are track based, therefore not as manuverable, but the problem was their shells damage and speed did not compensate to balance with the Magrider. NOW you have the speed and damage increase to primary and secondary weapons, you get to go against a gimped Mag with slower velocity, lower damage, slower speed, larger hitbox, fixed turret with the bonus of being low to ground , and more drop off on shells and slower reload time....yay for Magrider!
    • Up x 3
  20. Vikarius

Most of this is correct. "According to the graph" is the key here, for you to validly use the word fact.
    This fact however does not mean much, and is not even a fraction of what is required to state the MBTs were unbalanced pre GU02, or are unbalanced/balanced now. Which was the whole topic on discussion....

Fixed for accuracy.

Now you are just showing that you are just a child, and not even worth engaging in an argument with.[/quote]
    • Up x 1