Why do hackers hack?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raichu, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

Don't worry about hackers they are one step away from sucking on a 12 gauge in their mother's basement
  2. Kon

To Troll, basically they enjoy irritating people, and the longer they can get away with it the more fun they have. would love to have multiple ingame admins who are playing on the server notice a hacker bam banned, Ban them instantly eventually they get the picture that its not worth their time to even attempt hacking , playing catchup to hack programmers takes forever
  3. Brickwalker

I think its some sort of psychological thing.They love to aggravate and piss others off and it makes them feel better about themselves.An in game troll if you will..

...or they just suck and they need training wheels to assist their game.
  4. AshOck

Hackers hack for the challenge of breaking into secure systems.

I suppose you mean cheaters though.
    Some do it cause they enjoy making others angry. Some to boost their stats a lil.
    Some do it cause the game is boring to them and cheating somehow makes it better.
    And yet, some do it to make the company that owns the game take notice and do something about the problem.
  5. Weirdkitten

Some do it because they think everyone else does, some do it to look good to their friends, some do it for the lulz, some do it because it's not allowed, some do it to piss you off. Probably a ton of reasons I haven't thought of too.
  6. Badname0192

The modder (hacker) that plays PS2 would not be considered a script kiddie. More than likely it's just someone who's purchased their third party program from someone who is in it for a profit. The modders buy into these 'hacks' to increase their abilities, pad their scores, troll and usually they are pretty successful at those tasks until they get banned.

The modding community consists of multiple layers to make their businesses thrive, creating ways around a variety of bans and attempting to hide their third party make easy programs from the prying gaze of the onlooker.

The users however, sometimes just enjoy a free for all, knowing that a ban on a free to play game usually has a back up, that is being able to get past hardware/IP and what have you type bans.

The reason why they hack, I don't really know why. I prefer my gaming to be natural as I can have it and I curse those who use mods.

The reason why there are hacks is that usually there's a price to pay to get those 'hacks'.
  7. illgot

they lack any real skill and think everyone that kills them is cheating.

So they in turn cheat to "even" the score.

What is truly sad is when a cheater still lacks any skill even with the cheat on. Sure they can aimbot and wipe out a whole platoon, but they often lack any tactics or creativity (which is why they sucked to begin with).

The dangerous cheaters are the closet cheaters. These guys are actually decent, they can think, and they only turn on their cheats when they are about to lose important battles.

And can we please call them what they are, CHEATERS.

Hackers are people with knowledge of protocol and coding. Hackers actually have skill and probably would never buy a cheat program for a game. Hackers would create their own program.

These cheaters we deal with probably had to get help installing the cheat program for gods sake.
  8. Shasbot

Same reasons you'd cheat in a single player game, out of boredom, to make the game easier, to add features not in the existing game. Online is more or less the same, except with the added purpose of griefing people. In competitive environments people also cheat because they think other people cheat. See bodybuilding.
  9. Needin

Simple enough...a few groups--
    1. Guys with small egos get to behave badly with no risk of being punched in the nose.
    2. Sociopaths--(And I'm quoting an article here but there's a lot of studies supporting this. Google it up.) "They have to win. They are the people who cut you off at a freeway ramp, speed up to keep you from passing, cut in front of you through a door, or grab merchandise from your shopping cart. They have the "He who dies with the most toys wins" bumper sticker. For these people, winning is more important than anything else, including ethics, family, and often even survival."

As society has reduced the pressure on ethics and societal politeness in fear of crushing Dear Johnny's feelings and completely de-emphasized the value of actual hard work (practice has value, defeat teaches lessons, not everyone wins) group 3 has become the biggie.

TLDR-- We have a lot of lazy human gits who are so spoiled that they have no real grasp of hard work and that if you lose, you're supposed to toast the victor and work harder at not losing. Entitlement for the win!
    • Up x 3
  10. Tytos

I bet that most hackers are people who only played hello kitty online so far, they lack any kind of skill or decency/respect towards other players and thereby hack.
  11. siiix

because they are bored and have way to much money and time
  12. Droopy The Dog

The free-2-play model plays a big part I think. First it lowers the detterent level to almost nothing, another account is free to make, and who needs certs when they're already cheating to have the perfect gun?

Secondly it plays on the "even the score" mentality that pushes a lot of people to cheat. Getting repeatedly beaten to a pulp by the latest introduction to the cash shop that they can't even use is enough to start them thinking "screw this, if they're allowed an advantage, I'm gonna get one of my own"
  13. shakkar

thats the main problem, and not only in games...