Mallory server, what's the situation there ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightmareP69, Feb 21, 2013.

1. NightmareP69

So Mallory is merging with my server Ceres and i'm just intreasted to know more about the server population in Mallory.
    Which faction has the highest pop and lowest pop most of the time in Mallory ?
    Which is the biggest VS,NC and TR outfit in Mallory ?
    And thats about, just two simple questions but if you do have any special info about the server and the playerbase in Mallory I'd love to hear it. I'm just inreasted in the new players I'll be fighting with or against very soon.

In case you want to know about Ceres well, I'll give you some info.
    The largest TR outfit is IPT
    The Largest VS outfit is i think TFDN
    sadly i don't know which NC outfit is the largest in Ceres
    TR usully has the highest population, NC occasionaly has a bit more while VS has the lowest.
    Ever since the GU2 update, TR mainly focuses on Esamir and Amerish since they lost their warpgate location on Indar. NC is usully on Indar most of the time, Esamir keeps rotating non stop between TR and VS controll and Amerish pretty much changes colours every few hours since no one ever defends it after it gets captured.

Also, i'd like to welcome you guys to Ceres. Hopefully now we'll get into big fights on Amerish more often and hopefully the population won't be unbalanced.
  2. Nopeasuoli

I'll just throw my general in-game observations here to bump this thread a bit.

The most prominent TR outfit would be WDUH. They seem to cooperate with FREC, GETR and a few others. Therefore TR manages to pull off the most organized zergs and I hate them.
    Although I am NC myself, the only NC outfit I run into on regular basis is MACS. I'm not sure if they are the largest group, but at least they tend to have troops wherever they are needed the most.
    The scariest spandex parades have been provided by SYG and UVG, but the largest VS outfit (and the largest outfit on Mallory with some 1500 members) would be XMAN.

Populations tend to fluctuate, but I'd say they are usually: 36% TR, 33% NC, 31% VS.

Indar has been the only continent that has seen real warfare - Esamir and Amerish are usually ghost capped by the VS. The Crown is always heavily contested by TR and NC, but occasionally the VS dubstep caravan sallies forth from Crossroads Watchtower to ruin the dakka party with their pansy lasers! Bah!
    Every now and then some NC hobos zerg up to keep warm and head out to bring freedom to Hvar tech plant. TR answers with a counterzerg of NASTINESS and promptly walks over to the NC warp gate. In a rare occurrence, a single NC trooper might pull his head out of his rear end and damage the paint job on one of the prowlers.
    So far there hasn't been much of a pattern in the VS behaviour, all I know is that they have magnets and they are not afraid to use them! Still, whenever I feel like spying on some glorious VS butts, I just head out to Zurvan amp station.

Uhh, I hope someone with a bit more in-depth knowledge of the situation could provide the Ceres natives with some actual information...
    • Up x 6
  3. Mxiter

i generally agree:

About the population, VS pop felt since GU2 wheras NC grew. But it really depends of the hour.

Outfits:
    -TR= WDUH wich working with other mediums outfits around(as quoted before).
    -VS= SYG (massive mag & scythe spam pre GU2, a bit less active now) and XMAN wich is composed of any kind of members...good and bad ones.
    -NC= MACS. No others outfits looks really feared/well organized.

Locations:
    Indar: 99% of the pop with at least 60-80% of the pop at the crown/crossroads/ti allows/Zurvan/allatum.
    The faction that own the crown is quickly almost warpgated until a counter-zerg arrives.
    Often neutral, sometimes own to TR.
    In TR/NC side, Hvar to dahaka+saruva are often contested dependings of the TR/NC zergs.
    the TR/VS side is less active with sometimes zergs across xenotech labs and peris and very rarely cut off the map across crossroads/allatum/Hvar.
    The NC/VS side looks the less contested main battles looks be at zurvan. Rarely VS push to mao and NC push to rashnu-stronghold-Tarwich.

Amerish & Esamir are often ghost town and ghostcapping races.
    Amerish: contested mainly between the 3 factions. It's in different hand every 2-3 hours during the day/prime time. The outfit wich go there own it.
    Esamir: like Amerish, but more often in VS hands.

I really really hopes good fights at Esamir and Amerish too :D but both servers looks have the same characteristics. Hoping that the number will change it!
    • Up x 2
  4. mylesfitz

The current situation in Mallory is that the entire population is playing in Indar, with Amerish and Esamir being complete ghost towns usully occupied by TR cert farmers warpgating NC and VS.

The population balance is fairly even in Indar with TR running consistently at the highest % overall population, NC coming in second, and VS lagging behind at the back.

Would you be able to give us more details about Ceres? I play for the NC so would be interested to see how our faction fairs on your server and whether Esamir and Amerish actually get played at all as Indar in Mallory is getting rather boring!
  5. Cull58

Indar has been neurtal for a long time now. TR held it since launch for weeks but the VS got it one night but was quickly neutralised next morning. The TR outfit IPT are the biggest zerg on the server. They regularly try and hold Esamir and Amerish, and did so until my own outfit (TFDN) and some others starting to make a point of not allowing this domination any longer.
    Esamir and Amerish swap hands between TR and VS on a daily basis. Occaisonally the NC will ghost cap one of them but it never lasts very long. To be honest I think the NC are busy enjoying their gate on Indar.

I don't know if the NC outfits are small and splintered or whether they are just disorganised but the only time you are likely to hit a wall of NC is if they are pushed back to Mao and make a stand. There never seems to be much of a united force from them.
    Big battles over Esamir are becoming more common between the TR and VS outfits, Amerish is much the same as it is on most servers. As I said it is rare to see the NC co-ordinate much of anything.
  6. Nopeasuoli

That wouldn't be so bad if the TR forces on both servers wouldn't be so organised. Their groins are going to be sore from all the teabagging.
  7. Niller

Well VS on Ceres are cheating B***** F**** B****** D**** (not hacking) but they cheated in the empire showdown, which is fine by me. bad planned showdown anyway, but they stood outside our NC warpgate and yelled how much NC sucks and are incable of duing anything. while playing dubstep an shooting lazors. Really? That annoyed me, and from that day on i have hated VS more than ever, atleast on Ceres.
  8. Backf1re

OP,

The posts by Nopeasuoli & Mxiter sum up Mallory excellently, there is nothing more to add since they explained everything.

Also, I look forward to fighting along with my fellow NC, see you on Ceres!
    • Up x 1
  9. Cull58

How is that cheating?? lol
  10. Gribbstar

Nice to see my MACS boys getting a mention. While we aren't the largest NC outfit (ATFI get that accolade) we do pride ourselves on quality over quantity.

I'm hoping MACS can find many more like minded people on Ceres to work both with and against.

Sadly our server has a bad case of Crownitis. Whoever holds the Crown, loses the continent and too many people seem to value those 2 whole resources it provides over all else.

See you on the battlefield, I can't wait!
  11. Cinnamon

All fighting is on Indar. TR normally has a slight pop lead over NC and VS is smaller but normal activitity is for both NC and VS to push hardest against TR. Sometimes TR breaks out and takes the west of the map to be cut off by NC back capping territory. Normally TR tries to hold it's quarter of the map. Other times TR is fighing off being warp gated. Very occasionally VS will take break from pushing TR and break to the north to fight NC.
  12. MrPokealot

As an officer of the MACS, I'm happy to report that while we may not be the biggest outfit but we'll be more than happy to work with any of the new outfits coming from Ceres that are interested. If anyone has info on the biggest NC outfit on Ceres it'd be much appreciated.
  13. WUNDER8AR

I'm actually a bit scared about the upcoming server merge with Mallory. I've got two characters there and I've abandoned the server altogether because quite frankly the fights turned out to be garbage at that point in time.

My first character was VS on Mallory and although I've been putting a fair amount of time and also quite a bit of money into it, I decided to abandon it because after a while I really despised the obnoxious vehicle spam of my faction. There's some decently organized outfits though, no doubt.

So I've created a NC character on the same server in hope for more combined arms gameplay but also because I was sort of tired of the VS weapons and I wanted to see something new. It turned out that the NC on Mallory was, it might sound a bit harsh but for the most part a clueless flock of sheep with no mentionable leadership. Mostly casual players who just wanted to shoot stuff i guess. Hence we used to get steamrolled basically 24/7. Getting things done was a pain in the ****. I had no fun whatsoever so I left the server.

I eventually decided to go as Terran since I had the most fun and the most well organized fights during Beta with the TR. And although it looked like the Terrans on Mallory were highly organized, I wanted to go somewhere else because I was simply sick of Mallory. After a couple of days as Terran on Ceres "for trial" I decided to settle there since we had quite epic fights and there also appeared to be some well organized outfits.

/end anecdote lol :rolleyes:

Logged into Mallory yesterday for the first time again. A lot of players must have left the server or stopped playing the game because the population seems to be pretty darn low. No decent fights and even the at the Crown/ Xroads you had a hard time finding enemies during prime time although those territories were marked as hotspots. Merge highly needed Imo. And although Mallory makes up for some bad memories in my mind, I'm glad about the merge.
  14. Cull58

Our VS outfit are in communication with The Realm which is the biggest NC outfit that I am aware of on Ceres. Their leader is called TheWrongCat if you wanted to get in touch. Hoping to see some good fights against the NC because they are sorely lacking.
  15. Pakistani Pete

Thank Christ TR are dominant on Mallory.

TR performance has been somewhat less than adequate on Ceres, so I'll be glad to see some reinforcements at last.
  16. Glass

When exactly did you log in? At primetime I can usually see loads of fighting around the Crown, Xroads, Ti Alloys and Allatum/Xenotech.
  17. WUNDER8AR

I believe it was about 9PM EST, which I consider primetime on a friday night.
  18. Glass

That's odd.... Most of the time I see like 4/5 big fights going on around that time.
  19. Lafladitu

XMAN (VS outfit) has over 1800 members last i checked a few days ago
  20. hotWHYre

I mostly agree with what Nopeasuoli and Mxiter said. But somehow, while reading some of the above, i get the feeling that players on Mallory think the TR are vastly superior to the other factions.

While this was the case back in november/december, since GU2 the tides are changing. While VS was losing population (like on every other server it seems) the NC slowly grew stronger and have sometimes the most players online.

But in the end I still think mallory is a really even server with good players and Outfits on all sides and a fair population the most of the time.