Roadmap, Players Site and Server Merges!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Feb 21, 2013.

1. quicKsanD

All the servers populations are low in my opinion. If a server doesn't have 2 out of 3 continents locked in prime time then it has low population.
    • Up x 3
  2. VibroAxe

To kingduckling and a few others. I just spoke to SOE tech support about this very issue and it has been confirmed that no characters will be deleted during the server move even if you end up with two same faction same server characters.

Annoyingly they equally wont refund any station cash if you do end up in this situation so it does end up with you potentially having a defunct character that you never use but don't want to delete because you've spent some actual SC on it. Roll on whole account SC unlocks...
  3. Shidhe

First I'd like to thank you for using the forums instead of releasing this as a series of tweets or Reddit posts, the offical forums needs some engagement by you and your staff.

Second, yes Connery needs some love. Very rarely outside peak hours on the weekends prime time hours do I ever see a queue to get on a cont... and the only place I ever see a queue is Indar. We need more pop to fill out the other conts. When Hossin finally releases you'll still have 75% of players sitting on Indar fighting the TI/Crown/Crossroads fights.
  4. Endlos

I agree with this guy. PS2 doesn't work if it isn't flooded with players. If we can bottle a server up to the point where Indar has 100+ queues, then people will be forced to actually go to the other continents and fight (rather than just ghostcap when their faction is doing poorly on Indarside)
    • Up x 1
  5. Shidhe

If you are talking VS, then yes you need help. But merging in other west coast servers probably won't help, I think they are all NC>TR>VS.
  6. Matlock0

I feel bad for the players on Woodman. They didn't get their merge (at least yet) and Esamir and Amerish will still be fairly empty, maybe even more so when transfer tokens come.
    • Up x 2
  7. RavenActual

I really wish that you would consider merging all of the US East Servers into one huge server instead of just having two pairs of US East, merged servers. (E.G: Jaeger and Waterson [sp]). Even a US West merge might be really cool at keeping the population to medium/high.

Just my two cents, but I feel that merging regional servers completely together might be a better method in retaining the massive-scale warfare concept that I miss from the initial release!
  8. Vibe

Woodman EU needs a merge as well.
    • Up x 2
  9. Locathan

Woodman needs a merge. Please consider it more thoroughly seeing as the VS pop needs a boost and Amerish and.....i cant even remember the other continents name for the life of me ><
    • Up x 1
  10. Vanuub

Yep.
    probably should be, (excuse my ignorance of anything but woodman & miller):
    miller: untouched
    woodman <- woodman + cobalt
    lithcorp <- ceres + lithcorp + mallory

or at least:
    miller + 0
    woodman + 1
    combine the 3 remaining.

Miller and Woodman are pretty much the only EU servers having PS1 vets and alphasquad/beta players as we almost all got in at launch, before the 3 others (ceres, cobalt, mallory) opened.
    • Up x 2
  11. PoisonedAl

No merge with Woodman? Yeah, watch everyone who's sick to death of fighting at the ****ing Crown jump ship to Miller.
    • Up x 3
  12. Yuriko

I wish Woodman [EU] would get a merge as well :/ There are fewer and fewer player on it (Amerish and Esamir are often empty), and since GU02 there is a clear underpopulation in the VS faction.
    A merge with Miller would be great !
    • Up x 2
  13. newlynx

Give us Woodman+Miller and we are going to see high populations again.
    • Up x 1
  14. SixReasons

Hopefully I can finally use the other 2 camouflage skins I bought 3 months ago! HOORAY! It will be nice to finally take them out of the package.
  15. Ganelon

16. Josari

First of all, the only thing Waterson has to offer to Jaeger is the outfit Xen of Onslaught, a VS outfit. Why couldn't we merge with Mattherson? They've got the Team Liquid outfits. I would much rather deal with them than deal with XoO.
  17. Shepherd

Why in the world is Connery not being merged!? And here I was finally excited to no longer be forced to play INDARside...

At any given time there are ~30 people on Amerish and ~20 people on Esamir. This needs to change!
    • Up x 2
  18. Glyken

Do we know anything about the hardware each server uses? (I don't remember seeing anything)

We're assuming that all the servers have equal capacity, but if some run on beefier hardware, that won't be the case.
  19. Zakuak

Sweet! I had no idea jeager had pop issues but more is better so I look forward to it.

The new player site is pretty awesome IMO, good work!
  20. TintaBux