If you could pick and choose from the factions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Paperlamp

Narrator/Voice from the sky or whatever: I like NC as she's the most...relate-able and laid back.

Music: TR

Colors: Green is my favorite color so I'd go for VS

Weapon visuals: NC look the best to me

Weapon sounds: NC again

Weapon stats:

LMG: VS SVA-88
    Carbine: TR LC3 Jaguar (Most prefer Lynx but I like the Jag's smaller CoF for tree camping)
    AR: TR Cycler TRV
    SMG: TR's Armistice
    Pistol: Tough choice, the TR's Repeater is probably the best but I prefer the traditional semi-auto style of the Magshot so I'd go with that

MBT: Prowler, though I'm betting they'll make some changes to tank balance again

MAX: Definitely NC, though TR's is good too, I'm F2P and the NC's stock MAX is the best

ESF: Don't fly so don't really care

Lore: No idea, I've heard conflicting reports. I like the concept of trans-humanism but the VS have a more religious bent that I'm not so keen on. I'm neither anti-government libertarianism like the NC, nor totally trusting of government or discipline focused like the TR.

Sadly I still can't figure out which faction is for me so I'm stuck splitting my certs three ways. >_<
  2. Zapon

The VS aren't "religious" - in the actual lore. Despite the portrayal. They are Techno -trans humanist, but to call it religious- misnomer.
    So lore wise, probably VS for you
  3. Paperlamp

I thought they changed some things for PS2 specifically, and aren't sticking to the lore of the previous game or other media. So Planetside 2 factions aren't quite the same. From what I've read/heard.
  4. TheBloodEagle

Gauss SAW for my TR HA.
    Reaver instead of Mossy (I want the AirHammer)
    Vanguard instead of Prowler
    NC Max instead of the TR one

That's about it for now.
  5. Lazaruz

Cosmetics: TR
    Infantry weapons: NC (except for carbine AMC? from TR)
    ESF: VS
    MBT: TR
    MAX: NC/TR
  6. SgtBreastroker

Cosmetic: NC
    MBT: TR
    ESF: VS
    Infantry weapons: Combat Medic gets VS. The rest get NC (The Bolt Driver is absolutely amazing).
    Color: Green

That's my dream faction, right now I'm loving the NC weapons a lot more than the Vanu so I'm thinking of switching over to NC if SoE implement that account wide unlock feature.
  7. Paperlamp

The Bolt Driver is statistically equal to the M77-B and the XM98, NC just starts with it while TR/VS have to pay 100 certs to upgrade from their semi-autos which have an odd scope selection for what seems to be a more mid range gun.

That said, I do like the look of the Bolt Driver better.

The best bolt actions are definitely the Longshot, Parallax, RAMS .50 however, since with 800 damage targets with high nano-weave or a resist shield or whatever up aren't going to survive the headshot like they would when shot by the Bolt Driver and equivalents. They also have better bullet velocity(less leading necessary and less drop to compensate for). Their reload is longer and it might have a lower RoF but let's face it those aren't a big deal compared to damage and bullet velocity when we're talking about bolt action sniper rifles.

I'm betting the Longshot uses the same model as the Bolt Driver too, like many guns of a similar type. Though "Bolt Driver" is a cooler name I'll admit.
  8. Loegi

TR for mostly everything. Except for probably the fastest carbine stats, and the fastest MAX weapons stats though I'm not that sure about this one.
  9. WUNDER8AR

Gauss SAW
    Solstice
    Hacksaws
    Prox Mines/ Bouncing Betty
  10. Paperlamp

Didn't even think about mines, but yeah TR's are definitely inferior right now.

Why the Solstice? I've never understood why people think that gun is so great. It's the best of the starter carbines perhaps but doesn't seem remarkable otherwise.
  11. nella

I'm living free in the NC:

Music: Muted, I don't even know what music NC has.

Colors: VS, great camo in dark rooms.

Weapon visuals: They all look boring.

Weapon sounds: NC

LMG: Orion or Pulsar LSW
    Carbine: Lynx or Jaguar
    AR: Cycler TRV
    SMG: TR's Armistice
    Pistol: TR repeater

MBT: Prowler

MAX: Shotguns is one of the reasons I chose NC. VS and TR maxes are pretty much equal.

ESF: Mosquito

Lore: Don't care
  12. WUNDER8AR

From all the weapons I've used so far it's the most versatile imo. Love the accuracy and controlability. I'd trade my Trac-5, heck even my Jaguar for a Solstice. Just fits my playstyle better i guess.
  13. OddChelsea

All of the people mentioning the N6 Gauss Saw for the TR heavy, I am with you. Oh God, I am with you. I would spend approximately all of the certs for an N6 Gauss Saw. I play NC just to use that gun.
  14. shakkar

aehm, everything you want is from nc .. so... why you dont play nc?????

back to topic - my choice..

Music: TR or VS
    Cosmetics: TR
    Weapon Sound: NC
    LMG: Flare (VS) or SAW (NC)
    MBT: Magrider(VS) or Prowler (TR)
    ESF: Mosquito - allways, clear choice (TR)
    MAX: like all of them but for short NC Hacksaw..
    Lore: VS
  15. TheBloodEagle

I like the lore more for TR, the general militaristic aesthetics, the music and voices and I've been here since mid beta and after seeing so much ******** & whining from NC about everything since then up to now I became really put off by it. Can't shoot TR at this point without feeling like a traitor. I've also already invested money since then into my TR character. So I won't be switching to another faction. I only play around with NC here and there for a small amount of time, especially after updates, etc. I played them more earlier on.

I'm not into VS though. I prefer grittier sci-fi style instead of the more fanciful stuff. And I personally don't align with their lore mentality.

I would pay more SC/Certs for it than standard prices. Friggin love that gun. I hope they have the option to get other factions gear eventually or they come out with a more similar NS (Nanite Systems) rifle. I recently got myself the TMG-50 to at least get a bit closer.
  16. Paperlamp

So, what am I missing on my NC character? I don't play HA much but perhaps I should be. The SAW is great for what play style? I'm assuming mid-long range ADS?
  17. Xasapis

Aesthetics: VS (I like the futuristic theme and the nanoskin armors.
    Music: VS (I like the ambient music)
    Colors: NC (I just like the blue/yellow better than the other two)
    Weapon visuals & sound: VS (I think the VS fit the futuristic theme but the NC ones sound meatier.)
    Weapons: I do ok with the VS ones, but the NC ones fit me better.
    MBT: TR (The main anti tank threat besides air is infantry and prowler excels at suppressing enemy infantry and provide support in allied infantry pushes.)
    Max: NC (Best max for point control and point assault)
    ESF: TR vs air, NC vs ground (VS one is a decent middle ground though)
    Lore: VS (while the TR & NC fight for hegemony over the human race, VS fights for their improvement)

Looks like I'm a VS for visuals and NC for anything else. SOE please make NC more fabulous!
  18. OddChelsea

The N6GS isn't for everyone but that thing is an absolute beast. I have taken out entire squads with it and I'm not an exceptional player by any means. It's accurate at range provided you can control the recoil and the pure stopping power makes it damn good at any distance. I do not hipfire with it, I don't hipfire with anything save my SMG and probably my future shotgun unless I have to. It's for the player who can land those hard hitting shots and wants something that when it does hit, it hits damn hard.
    • Up x 1
  19. pnkdth

I wouldn't. If there is one remaining constant in this game is that the grass is always greener on the other side.

That said, the NC6 SAW is so much fun.
  20. Paperlamp

Wish I felt the same. >_<

I don't mind futuristic but I prefer a more casual or rugged look.

A good example :

[IMG]

From a game in development called "Destiny". I guess it's kind of a big deal since it's being made by many of the people who made Halo.

PS2's visual design in general is just not my thing sadly.