Orbital strike and The Crown - what hapens?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KariH, Feb 18, 2013.

1. KariH

Orbital strike and The Crown - what hapens? Are people inside safety?

If Crown is vulnerable then we see one big rush fights who enters area first.
    • Up x 1
  2. Sworaven

Interesting question! I'm not sure on the specifics but the Crown will probably look like this 24/7 if the Orbital Strike gets implemented.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Flying Mug

Naw it's cool, all the Crown AA will shoot down the satellites.
  4. Hael

Make it so only the faction that holds the "crown" on each server can call in orbital strikes.
    +3 resources indeed.
  5. Inzababa

Great question, didn't think of that!
  6. KariH

Remember - 3 factions make rush towards empty Crown(if orbital bombardment truly significantly empties it).

Those would be epic fights.

And if those 3 factions/platoons each has orbital strike the Crown will very soon be emptied again ;D
  7. Zenanii

VS launches a orbital strike to clear out all the NC holding the crown and then rush in with all their air, armor and infantry. NC launches a counter-orbital strike, killing the entire Vanu offensive. . . And we're back to the start again
    • Up x 1
  8. Wecomeinpeace

The Crown needs to be deleted.

Just merge the area with the surrounding terrains, that would solve so much problems with indar.

As for orbital strikes, everyone who plays Team Deathmatch constantly at the same place should be punished like that.
  9. Rhumald

you've gotta remember, the owning faction will still own the spawn point, so they'll be back in action pretty quickly.
  10. AnotherNoob

I can only hope that it would make it change ownership more often, it is so stupid as it is, screwing over every other territory of the faction that owns it because of all the people wasted on defending it...
  11. LordMondando

I imagine its why despite the downvotes their pushing ahead - indeed. Why they should be.

With OB, crown issues magically go away.

Much like Cillit bang and grime.
  12. Shinrah

This is the long needed change for the Crown:
    [IMG]
    And thats how the Crown is supposed to look like, in order for everyone to enjoy the Game again:
    http://4.bp.************/-x_e7EdL-14g/Tb0itJMENSI/AAAAAAAAM0E/wxyn-AfNw1U/s1600/meteorcrater.jpg
    • Up x 3
  13. GraphicJ

I hope so. I'm tired of that base. Any time TR or any faction for that matter holds it, they start to lose the rest of the bases in continent.
    I know SOE keeps it for the new, casual or cert hungry player but in the end that place is a thorn to Indar to team play and conquering/defending the continent.
  14. ps2x518

Orbital strike=I win button, which isn't fun for anyone.
  15. ABATTLEDONKEY

NO ONE KNOWS!

my goodness, you people melo-dramatic!

NOONE knows how the OS will be implemented. it may be a series of small grenade size explosions, or it could be raining death a hex wide. it would be the most OP they put in the game, or it could be completely worthless. everything in this thread is worthless for the point that it is all based on evidence much less convincing than speculation.

someone should REALLY try to USE a gameplay feature before commenting on it. at minimum you should WATCH it being used. scratch that. just use it or keep it quiet because people are doing NOTHING more than misinforming those who dont want to read every post.
  16. ZaltCW

Crown is going to become a ghost town i reckon, everyone is going to send there orbital strike at it at the beginning because thats were the kills are. Even if it only effects the outside its enough to make way for a reasonable force. Hopefully the OS Makes the crown just a normal base
  17. Crywalker

What happens is I quit playing.

I actually enjoy the crown since it's the one place there're very few vehicles to worry about. I get bored driving / shooting a tank, they're not that exciting to use. And I'm not going to be wandering around on foot on all the open terrain being a free kill. Even the flash can be locked onto which is just fantastic.
  18. Dkamanus

Hopefully OSing the crown will make it dissapear from the game.

I understand now why the devs don't want bases to be TOO defensible. It creates a cert farming mentality.
    • Up x 1
  19. f0d

the crown needs to be the only destructible base in ps2 - just so i can sit there and OS it all day :D

if its anything like the ps1 O/S anyone indoors will be safe and it will have a fairly small explosion size (prob a little bigger than 2 HE rounds) and long cooldown and a warning beforehand

in ps1 i could escape O/S's targeted directly at my magrider as you had plenty of warning to get out of the area
  20. Ash87

They already have an area that looks like that.

Honestly, I don't think OS will influence people in buildings, unless it's those magical lazers that can permeate structures. Only way that would work, would be if they redesigned the game to have Red Faction Guerilla style destructo-scenery. Given how PS2 is 50% explosions, that would mean that inside of 20 minutes the entire continent would look like the crater picture above.