[Suggestion] Idea for LAs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Cymoril, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Cymoril

Why not allow them to have a "radar" device they can pull out when they get to a location that sends out a pulse (similar to a deployment) that shows friendlies where the enemies are at ? Allow it to be on a timer and in the utility slot. Its not something OP but it could be very useful.
  2. flipmoomonkey

3. Kayth

Too similar to Recon Device, in fact its the exact same. I thought of a similar idea but in reverse, a device that you place and can jam enemy radar. Supports LA disruption and hit-and-run but also infringes on Infiltrators line of work I think.
  4. Hypest

Giving a tool or extra ability (like the hacking/triage/turret) to the LA is a hard one. Radar would be the most logical (and probably OP), but the infiltrators already have that, just as vehicles can get that. There are threads about mobility boost for teammates, dual wielding and i read about EMP too. Once again the infiltrator has an EMP grenade, but i would like to see the EMP as an ability to shut down EVERYTHING in it's blast radius (vehicles, jetpacks, cloak, heavy shield, repair tool).

Maybe it is the class doomed to get only one unique ability.
  5. Cymoril

the vehicle spread for radar is very short radius. The infil gets 2 uses and thats it. SO was trying to cone up with another option but not on a useage factor like the infil and allow the LA to cert into it for a broader radius. Oh well..
    What about setting up zip lines and any that use give a cert reward to the LA ? Surely there is something fun and "strategic" that were overlooking that he could have as a perk besides the JJs.

Orbital blast ? but only be able to do it once every 30 mins in a given area - Although I was thinking more of a squad leader being able to do that.
  6. Greifer

Vehcile spread is not limited. I have my flash bike certed to 100 metres radius. Half the unit has this, and we run two of them. Shows all enemies as red on a map and is very, very handy.

Dont think that a radar for the LA would benefit as this is performed well by the infiltrator and other units.
    Personally id like to see the universal med/restoration kit as an option to be fielded with the C4.

Many a time i take wounds from CQC and medics arent close enough before more enemies appear or i find them. As it stands i take the twin C4 over the med kit any day currently.