Let's be honest, the cloak is a joak.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mbui, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zijin_cheng

Its the fact that I could used the cloak effectively before the mega patch, but now I can't.

What do you mean? LAs don't have cloaks. Having invisi-shottys would let infils bio farm all by ourselves, and cue the whining until SOE hyper nerfs us back to original again.
  2. Nekryyd

You are now an official Saint to Infiltrators of all stripes.

Now all I need is my VS-M Class E "Dao" v0.67_xs_a_03...
  3. Ztiller

Why don't you prove it? Post a video of you actually infiltrating 10x as effectively as me in any of the Infiltration Carnage videos.

Bragging is only words, until backed with proper evidence.
  4. RobotNinja

Ooh! Snap! You got straight burned Chemicalnurd. CN is all liek I can infiltrate with a jetpack and Ztiller was like come at me brah!

Ztiller will totally 1v1 you CN, plus he's like ESEA and MLG and CPL brahseph. You can't get on the level of his youtubes. It would explode your internets.
  5. Skin

I will break it down Barney style for you since you seem to have a very weak grasp on this whole reading thing just like your homie I was replying to.

I have NO (ZERO) problem with the cloak as is in high/medium setting. The cloak is broken in low settings (Devs already stated this, screen shots show this!) and people trying to say that it isn't broken do nothing to help the infiltrator get fixed. So yeah, if someone is gonna say "duh, its ok." I am gonna act like a dick to them because they are ********. You can think whatever you want, you can think he is right all you want because you are just as useless as he is.

The reason you two are morons is because YOU BOTH FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE WANT CLOAK TO BE FIXED WHEN IT COMES TO LOW SETTINGS! NO ONE IS ******** ABOUT ITS VISIBILITY IN HIGH/MEDIUM SETTINGS. Bringing up any other dislikes when it comes to cloak other than the visibility in low settings is something else entirely. No one is here to argue HOW the cloak should be used, the point is the visibility of cloaked infiltrators on low settings, because they can be seen from a mile away.
  6. Rhinzual

Original? Infils had access to shotguns in beta, but that got taken away for being too overpowered I think. Thus we had no real CQC forever, we (rightfully so) complained about this and were eventually the class to get the most out of SMGs. I'm seriously considering dropping by Walmart to grab a Station Cash card and dropping the cash on the SMG because of how I prefer to be in CQC as an Infiltrator.

The cloaks is gonna be fixed (soon I hope) and maybe we'll get Stalker cloak eventually, or whatever. Went off-track, but it's late anyway.
  7. Veri

Cloak is just about as effective as it was prior to the patch unless you either can only play on low graphics settings or you choose to so you have an advantage to win.
  8. Shiaari

Of course, they could always bring back the original cloaking mechanic from PS1...

Just sayin'.
    • Up x 1
  9. zeta3901

im not saying i am not aware of the issues with the cloak on low settings, yes i may have over focused on how the cloak should be used, aand on the balance part, yes you are right about that it should be fixed (which SOE seem to be working on, since luperza posted a comment about it in this actoual thread) but just because someone misunderstands the subject, even if they act a bit dumb, it does not justify insulting their intellegence (and yes i had to look intelligence up under google translate since english isn´t my native language, and that i never write that word down :/ ) the only thing you´ll get out of that behaviour is that´people will stop caring about you, and attract trolls. lots of trolls.

if you want to have people talk about the subject of your thread, preferrably in a mature way, then you will have to act mature yourself, it goes both ways you know.
  10. Skin

I don't care if they talk about it in a mature manner, personally. It is more important that they get the point that cloak visibility is busted on low settings. If they can't understand that simple indisputable point then they are only asking for the insult.

No one is disputing cloak on High/Medium settings. Visibility on low settings is what we are talking about, and due to that bug with low settings the cloak DOES NOT work as well as it did prior to patch 2.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cybah

i dont see why 100% invisibility would be such a problem... its not like stealth lasts very long even at max rank. on top of the fact that we are completely disarmed while IN stealth and even the 1s while we uncloak. its enuf time to get time to get 30 bullets in us before we can even attempt to shoot.

Range should come into play a bit here. in close range sure you can notice us. but anything even close to medium/far range, theres just no way we should be seen. Unless you give say heavy's a chance that their sheild just randomly decides to not work. or medics a chance that when they heal, something explodes in their !@#$ face. its such an important part of the class.

its so anoying to be a class that has low defences and a NEED to strike first (we cant just straight up go toe to toe with anyone) and the mechanic to help us do this fails so completely.
    • Up x 1
  12. zeta3901

i can´t force you to be polite or anything so i wont even try.
    you did make a valid point regarding the cloak (hope they fix it soon). also im sorry if i was a bit too aggresive in my first post, it was pretty late at night and im usually not that sharp at that time, i only skimmed most of the posts and i suppose you were gitting quite pissed at the time.

oh well it´s the internet, why do i even care?
    maybe i should stop taking things so seriously (but you still acted like ******)...
  13. SOE-MOD-05

This thread has been closed for being non-constructive and degenerating into trolling and personal attacks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.