What are the incentives to fight? Why do we fight?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeusExMachina, Feb 7, 2013.

1. SenEvason

To eradicate the color purple.

Also, thanks, I just found a new comic to read!
  2. Ash87

CRAP, I forgot: Why do we fight?

To Crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentations of the women.
  3. ritual

Blood for the blood god!
  4. Makwa

Because of the sneaky backstabbers I deal with all day at work. All infiltrators must pay!
  5. Korz101

I fight because Total Biscuit told me to...
  6. DeusExMachina

Heh, check GWTB #47 ;) Funny coincidence.
  7. MeltingCPU

We fight because it's right! You should read Plato.
  8. incuGuS

WE FIGHT FOR THE GLORY OF THE REPUBLIC!
    THE REPUBLIC IS THE MOB, AND THE MOB IS THE ARMY, WE ARE THE TERRAN REPUBLIC!
    • Up x 1
  9. VoidMagic

I fight for the glory
    of the Sovereignty,
    the perservation of Truth
    and Science,
    and the Evolution of
    Mankind into a more
    perfect state
    of being.

Also the lulz,
    and good disco.
  10. incuGuS

You shall be cast to the fire of the republic's forges, where our mighty MAXes Suites are forged with the blood of our enemies, and the crying howls of their family!

Godless VANU you shall fear the might of the Republic!
  11. VoidMagic

Sweet and Welcome Death fuels evolution,
    our evolution is your extinction. The pains
    we have arrayed for you are not only beyond
    your limited ability to comprehend, you will
    wish for a death that will never come.
    You amuse us.

Hail Vanu.
  12. Ronin Oni

Cause I like shooting people and blowing them up?

Why would I need a reason?
  13. Wintermaulz

Because they have a purple warpgate over there, and a blue one over there?
  14. incuGuS

You talk of pain puny Vanu, we are Republic soldiers, we are the ones who Prowl in your nightmares, we are the ones that bring the decimation to your armies. We know no pain, our faith in the Republic steels us from your alien-loving physical threats.

You folow a dead alien, we follow a thought, a dream, we follow the Republic, we are the Republic. And that dream is kept alive by my brothers who sweat blood fighting and defending our galaxy-sprawling civilization.

You are nothign but sheep in a cult that worships a mind you cannot even begin to understand. You try to bring a new order, but one of tyranny and following a madmen into oblivion and losing the very souls that makes us human.

You are a despicable, godless Vanu and your words have no strength to the steeled heart of the Republic's great Army!
  15. VoidMagic

I see the quantum flow of inevitable truth is beyond your comprehension,
    human. Your sadly inadeqate violent tendencies are harnessed and controled
    not unlike draft animals set in pits for ancient amusement. They too were once
    proud.

While you are still usefull, be full of joy. Our children enjoy these games we have
    set for them, you are wonderfully amusing pets.
  16. innersphere1

I figth because i wanna kill you
  17. Nocturnal7x

yup, TR to a T. NC fight for freedom though :D
  18. Garantine

Good old fashioned intolerance kept me going for the first two months or so.

Now I'm a little lost, finding myself playing less and enjoying it less. WG rotation was cool for 20 minutes or so. SMG is fun for about the same. The new colors are off putting enough that I'm not really sure whether we are capping or being capped anymore. Overall some pretty lackluster additions. Oh and the three days of unplayability from FPS drop didn't really spur my interest much either.

Onto the next game I guess.
  19. ShadeOfChaos

Cuz... pineapples...
  20. Hodo

This is why I fight.