Your colours...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Alkasirn

I noticed :D I thought the TR color was good but I decided all the factions must get the same treatment.
  2. ritual

TR
    VS
    NC

The white stands out pretty well against everything on Indar so far, but I haven't tested it on Esamir yet. Thinking I might have to switch it out for black on esamir or something.
  3. Teod

Pre-configured empire specific. Even through I'm TR it still makes more sense than everything else. Yes, it was slightly confusing at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly.
  4. Xorsha

what he said
  5. DemoEvolved

I use
    Soft Green for ally
    Bright Yellow for NC
    Bright Red for TR

Works well.
  6. VexTheRaven

That's what I wanted, but like it was before, but SOE in their infinite wisdom decided that nobody would ever want to see faction colors on the capture indicators.
  7. Xandax

Same for me - except VS is red on all characters. :D
  8. Tigga

I use a slight variation of empire specific colours. The slight variation is to make the blue for NC slightly further from alpha-squad green, and the pink for VS further from charlie-squad purple. TR remain default red.
  9. MuNrOe

NC
    VS
    TR
  10. MasterChiefette

VS are Green - NC and TR are both RED. :D
  11. Zapon

See, on the MAP- te little batle stars tat pop up- i want to see if it's tr or NC

but i'm VS- and IN THE FIELD- i tried red for TR(works fine) dark blue for NC-

I keep thinking NC are allies, and it takes me a second to shoot them as i approach them

VS- I have on purple, might change them back to green

I need serious help here- i don't want them both red because on the map then when i'm looking at hotspots- i cant tell who's who between the two sometimes. I know, y so picky- surely there's a better combo?

I doubt making the NC yellow would work- might try that next
  12. Tatwi

As a TR I found the default "Enemy and Ally" setting confusing, given the way it was before. Someone on the forum said that they made their color green and the NC/VS red, so I gave that a try and it's great (well, the green is actually pretty ugly, but at least it's no longer confusing like the blue was).

TR
    NC and VS
  13. Zapon

the problem with making all enemies red is that then the hotspot stars that flash on the map will all be red- it's tied to the map also, and you can't tell anything by setting them both to red
  14. Jaquio

I like to think outside the box...

So I have the NC soft blue, the TR bright red, and the VS bright purple.
  15. Itermerel

so 1% of games use the opposite color scheme. it still makes sense because terrorists being red is something you would intuitively pick up because they are clearly "bad"...

any faction in this game can be argued to be the bad guys.

if you've noticed threads of people complaining about the color schemes before they realized it can be customized, none of them were NC. it's because blue/green=friendly and red=enemies is something universally understood
    • Up x 1
  16. Mefi

TR, NC, VS.

I use this scheme and it doesn't screwing platoon colors. I like new color system though I think it shouldn't be only for HUD: there are also shields and jump pads which have specific colors that still unnaffected by changes.
  17. Cl1mh4224rd

Listen to yourself backpedaling. You said:

Now you're saying, "Oh, well... there was that one game, yeah, but it doesn't count, because it made sense there." Suddenly red just means "bad guy" instead of "your enemy". :rolleyes:

If a non-standard color setup can make sense in the context of an extremely popular FPS without people flipping over the virtual table and walking away angrily, why can't PlanetSide 2's non-standard color setup make sense in the context of PS2?

Which you get with the "Enemy vs. Ally" preset.
  18. Itermerel

counterstrike didnt have 3 teams.
    also, i wasn't "backpedaling", it's called an overstatement. you think i didnt consider that out of the million games that exist (probably more), that one of them would have a different style? you're just being silly
  19. ChampagneDragon

The problem with any faction being purple is it blends in with the squad colors. I see a purple vehicle, and I have to try to guess whether it's Charlie squad or VS. The colors are way too close.

I'd MUCH rather be able to swap out squad colors, but I haven't figured out how to yet. So last night I made VS black. I'm going to give it another try tonight, but will probably play with the colors until I find something that works.
  20. So Many Prowlers

I actually just use this setup (I'm TR):

Terran Republic
    New Conglomerate
    Vanu Sovereignty

Took a while to get used to red being allied.