[VS] Best "All-Rounder" LMG?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Sylvan, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sylvan

So firstly, the Orion is amazing & love it for pretty much everything. But I hear the attachments are a little weaksauce, but as I'm a noob I'm not certain how important this is.

My main criticism with the Orion is my inability to deal with targets at anything approaching longish range which can be quite frustrating. Is this just a truth across the class or is there a better all-rounder LMG? Or will sticking a better cope/foregrip on it improve the situation?

I'm currently running the Orion with reflex or INVR & a laser.
  2. Doogle

Orion is probably one of the more accurate 750rpm LMGs and if you are hurting for certs there is not really any reason to upgrade, attachments are not the be all and end all, infact I think ammo type attachments just nerf your gun.

That said if you are hurting for a change in weapon then go for the SVA-88 its basicly an orion with 698 rpm instead of 750 but for that trade off you get better bullet velocity,more ammo in mag and compensator attachment making it better for ranged engagements (with the forward grip+compensator combo)

The big winner with these two guns is that they are the only LMGs in the game to have a .75 movement multiplier so you retain 75% of your movement speed while aiming down sights as opposed to the standard 50%

btw you may benefit more form a forward grip over a laser sight if you aim down your sights alot, laser only effects hipfire and as already mentioned you still retain good movment with those two LMGs.
  3. voody

SVA-88. Oh, and put foregrips on your LMGs. Always...
    • Up x 1
  4. Kastrenzo

Unless it's an Orion.
  5. IamSalvation

Every LMG that can get Grip + Compensator is good at range imho...

Flare, SVA88, Polaris, all good at range with the right certs on them

If you are low on Certs and want a better allround Weapon than the Orion get a Pulsar LSW with Grip for range and a Laser for CQC and you are fine!
  6. Sylvan

I was torn about the laser as I far prefer ADS, but the horizontal recoil was so minimal on the Orion I had trouble justifying a foregrip. But it will probably help out with the range accuracy problems I'm having.

From all your advice I think I'm going to try throwing a foregrip on the Orion & continue to cert myself out. When I get a little more well--rounded, I'll check out the SVA-88 I hear so much about.

Thanks!
  7. JohnnyMaverik

TBH it's the truth of the class, but, you basically have 2 options if you don't love the Orion. 1 Pulsar LSW, technically worse at range but it can take a 2x reflex, I find that helps, great at mid, good at short, easier to handle than the Orion as well... it's VS easy mode. Or, you have the SVA-88, high recoil but a very low COF and just as good a rate of fire as the Pulsar, also has selective firing mode and access to tons of scopes, hell HVA ammo if you want to have the option to fully spec it for long range.

Also, always stick a forward grip on, unless of course you are going into a CQC only situations (biodomes and the like), then a laser is a good choice, but otherwise, forward grip will help with accuracy since it reduces sideways recoil.
  8. Tricknovalight

personally i use the pulsar lsw/flare w/ grips for mid-long range encounters and the vx29 polaris with laserx2 and the reflex scope for CQC and then of course theres the lasher with laser that is just...just fun
    • Up x 1
  9. NateTronic

i have over 500 kills with SVA/Flare/LSW and i will say that the SVA IS the best all arounder in my opinion but if you want a cheap gun that is close go with the LSW and save your certs to upgrade your HA
  10. Ruvan

Pulsar LSW.

I don't know why so many people are saying SVA-88. It's the one LMG that I would say really doesn't have a clearly defined purpose or niche.

Pulsar LSW has one of the fastest reload speeds, SVA-88 has one of the longest.

Pulsar LSW has one of the least amounts of vertical recoil and consistent horizontal recoil. SVA-88 has the second highest vertical recoil (taking in to account RPM) and has inconsistent horizontal recoil. This pushes the Pulsar's effective range for sustained fire out much further than the SVA-88.

The only things SVA-88 does better than are recoil on the first shot, ADS move speed and moving CoF while standing. None of which are are significantly better than the Pulsar LSW. Other than ADS move speed of course, which will only help you against baddies. If you're aiming down the sights then a good player will be able to hit you regardless of whether you are moving at 50% or 75% speed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sylvan

I think people are saying the SVA-88 BECAUSE it doesn't have a clearly defined purpose, perhaps it's designed to be the most well-rounded? I don't know, as I haven't used it.

Do you feel the LSW is significantly better than the Orion (at what?) to warrant the purchase?
  12. Ruvan

The primary reason you would use a Pulsar LSW over an Orion is magazine size. The Orion has a large enough magazine to kill a couple of people before a reload, however, the Pulsar LSW's 50% larger magazine allows you to kill one or two more.

Other significant advantages include access to a 2x reflex sight (I prefer this outdoors) and the afore mentioned recoil.

I personally prefer it to an Orion simply because of the magazine size. If I don't know what type of engagement I am going in to its better to have the standard 75 magazine, rather than the Orion's smaller 50.

I have the Orion, Pulsar LSW and VX29 Polaris heavily certed. Frankly, Pulsar LSW is the weapon I use most.
  13. grin

Pulsar LSW
    • Up x 1
  14. tugernut

i always seem to be the odd man out here but you asked for our opinions

Flare!

ive been playing this game since tech , ive played all the weapons there , beta, and now upon release
    i have the orion n flare of course , i also have lsw , sva88 , and the polaris - i have them all certed how i see them fit and have used them all extensively over the last 7 months.

for me i kill more plp with the flare then probably all the other weapons combined.
    look at the stats - its not great at /stand out much in anything except damage
    in every category other then damage per bullet iirc there is a gun that performs better.
    so why more kills then ...?
    easy i work with others , im rarely soloing a guy , so hitting for more damage = more kills

my personal loadouts
    hv - comp - fg - 3.4
    or sp - comp - ls - x2 -basically for biodome loadouts

now take the spread sheets n collected data , throw them in a trash can , set it on fire
    they are basically all worthless to a point bc in game function sometimes shows what gun kills and which ones only scratch.
    now take all the suggestions above , including mine and throw them in the same trash can thats on fire
    and go use your trial function before you make any purchase , see what you like the best.

opinions are like but holes , everybody has one
    • Up x 1
  15. NateTronic

Trial is useless since u cant use any of the attachments in the time of the trial.
  16. Negator

THIS is why the 88 is better.

If you like to camp and play slow, get the LSW. IF you like to assault and remain on the move, get the 88.

comp+grip+HVA
  17. z00k333r525

Yeah, it depends on your play style. I use the Orion since i'm usally capping bases and more upfront and since the Orion has the fastest fire rate. It really drops people fast and it feels the best for me. I have used the Pulsar LSW and the Polaris and all i have to say is don't waste your money on any of the 750/1000 guns they are not worth it. The best guns are the Orion and the LSW. I kind of wish i didn't buy the Polaris so i could have got a SMG.

Also, do not listen to the guy above me as he is wayyyyyy off.
  18. Negator

what about my statement is incorrect?

4500 kills with LMGs alone here. Youre the dude that bought the Polaris without doing any research lol....
  19. omni2

i m really happy with my Ursa.
    aspecally when it comes to long distances i use high velocity ammo.
  20. Predatorv2

Orion

point