Hotfix?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Feb 5, 2013.

1. MiZrY

No issues so far after about 20 minutes. I've actually been on [GPU] most of the time now instead of [CPU]

Haven't had any large battles yet though so...
  2. Brickwalker

yep,not lag here either after about 20 min as well..

finding a large battle on my servers is hard to find at this time of day though.
  3. AdrIneX

I think this fixed my frame stutter as well.
  4. Arkha3

It's hard to say at this point but there doesn't seem to be as much hitching as before. It still stutters though, and my game just crashed. (all textures disappeared except for the skybox)
  5. OlPaine

The recent patch solved all my problems. Fps stuttering is gone. Before the major GU2Patch, i've played all on low settings, getting 30-40 fps. After the first hotfix down to 20 + the stutter to 4 fps every second.

Now, i can clearly say, the game is optimized for my older rig. Im playing now on high setting with the same Fps then before. In big fights (The crown) i lose roughly 10 fps down to 30.

Took a while, but great work!

P35C, C2d e6750 oced > 3,1ghz, 4gb 1333 DDR3, ATI 4850, SSD
  6. Zer0range

Smooth so far.
  7. Xandax

New hotfix patch have helped me a lot. FPS was horrific since last update, and I mean really horrific. Now I managed to play very smooth for a good while.
  8. Dreamspell

So, what was the cause? I'm curious.
  9. Inverness

Does making smart-*** posts on a forum really make you feel good?

That person was obviously talking about patch notes that specify what was changed.
  10. AdrIneX

Can any SOE dev reply with the cause of the stutter?
  11. kill

It seems to be better but it's still there.

What bothers me is that my FPS overall is worse than before the patch. I just can't wrap my head around that fact.
  12. UrMom306

Possible fix for lag and stuttering?!?
    [IMG]
  13. nella

Smoother, but still not as smooth as it was before the patch, and my fps is lower aswell.
  14. Cl1mh4224rd

Completely off-topic, but...

What's with all the broken images I've been seeing lately?
  15. InfraRedPS

Stuttering fixed for me, now if only they can fix Virgin Media's 60Mbit service and I would be able to play. 14% packet loss and skybox flashing screen bug equals:

They are waiting for you Gordon, in the test serverrrrrrrrr....

The test server in PS1 was so much fun!
  16. t31os

Podded into the crown(enemy platoons detected), all seemed well in my short life span. Took down 1 guy and got slaughtered by the other 2 backing him up, thought to myself, well all seems great so far.

Respawned at a sunderer at TI Alloys to be met by a slideshow, 1fps, 5fps, 30fps, 2fps, etc... etc.. There were brief moments when it all seemed good, then it would keep jumping between a slideshow and stability.

Just to note, this is a recent fresh install of Windows 7, only Planetside 2 installed(with regard to games), with all the most current drivers and with apps, games and file storage all divided out onto separate drives(for better performance). The drives are defragged often to keep things running as best i can.

Again, there's some definite improvements with overall performance, but i'm still getting these seeminly random drops in FPS that turns the game into a slideshow, it's a total gamble spawning anywhere as i never know if the game is going to be responsive.

Such a shame, one of the posters here who reported his performance is back to pre-patch quality is running almost the same setup as me, but with a slightly slower CPU and a slightly slower GPU. I wish my experience was the same as his.

I'll try again later during an unsociable hour when the EU server has less people logged in to see if it was simply server load that made things bad(if the patch fixed things the server could have been more busy than i'm use to). I'm use to playing on the EU server during peak times though, and i can usually play on Connery during peak to, i dare not even try Connery seeing how things ran on Mallory(where in theory i should have a better ping and latency).

Sad pickle is sad.. :( (for now anyway)...

P.S. If the SOE team would like me to do any specific tests to give better details as to what problems i am experiencing, please feel free to give me some direction. As i've indicated in my previous posts, it seems totally random, so if there's any particular kind of things you'd like to test, say dropping into a particular base, looking at particular objects, etc... please do feel free to provide a little direction.
  17. Zotamedu

Sadly, it didn't work. Just got some massive glitching on Indar. I walked up to an enemy sunderer, met a infiltrator which I emptied an entire clip into before he died. I got an assist from that. I run up to the sunderer, plant a C4 on the back, run away to press the button. Nothing happens. I press it again and still nothing. I stand there pressing it for a while when I accidently hit the RMB and another pack of C4 is dropped on the ground which is odd since I only have one. Then everybody starts jumping around like crazy on the minimap rightbefore I got shot by enemies that didn't render until after I died. It was about then the C4 decided to detonate.

So your coder monkies have some more work to do.
  18. ejj123

Need help patch has worked great for fps.

but i still spawn after my first death with no damage from my weapons, spawn a tank same issue no damage on main and 2nd gun
    redeployed three times still no damage with weapons only knife. i know im hitting the targets as il asked some enemy to stand still so there is no lag whatso ever at play.

in seems my game did not load the 30 odd mb hotfix or whatever as i still fire blanks.
  19. Wasdie

That's not hitching, that's server lag. Big difference.

The only time I've seen those issues is when I've had high packet loss or latency with my connection or a server is about to crash. Unless the server crashed on you, you should check to make sure something didn't start downloading in the background. Steam has a habit of taking over my connections when downloading stuff.
  20. Zotamedu

It's the exact same problem I've been having all the time since the new update. It happened on occasion before but nothing like this.