Vanu Flare LMG sound problem

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Veri, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Veri

Seems the Vanu Flare sound is now broken.
    Quiet when firing from the hip, even quieter aiming down sight.

Gave me a chance to go back to the Orion to find it the Flare is a piece of garbage long range.
  2. LabRatTy

It seemed to me that it was completely silent. I tested this with friends, and they couldn't hear it either.

Put a flash suppressor on it, and it's really insanely cheap. People just don't notice you. It needs to be fixed.
  3. Soylent

Reported it straight after the game update.
  4. Kastrenzo

I don't have it, but someone told me the Manticore has the same issue.

It's annoying because I use the flare as my primary on my VS player
  5. JohnnyMaverik

You only just found out :p

Ursa is even worse, good on paper, in practice bullets go everywhere but the target.

SVA-88 is arguably the best longer range VS LMG but Orion is up there.

Still, if it actually is silent to others now as well, I'm tempted to stick a suppressor on and go full on cheep mode, "where's that firing coming from?" did you say? Right behind you, can't see it on the mini map, can't hear it, kills galore... just not at long range :p
  6. Veri

I bought the Flare when I was just starting and getting beaten all the time by other factions.
    It said it is the 'Marksmans' LMG so I thought, well this may help me with aiming.
    All that meant was, it is difficult to shoot with at long range and you will need considerable skill to be able to shoot at long range when compared to the default weapon.
    I ended up getting used to it though.

Turns out it's a good shoot an spray medium range LMG and room clearer.
    Been some great times where I have had the jump on a group of enemies at a point and mowed them all down.

Also doe a good job at dealing damage to ESF who are low on health.
  7. JohnnyMaverik

Yup, as a mid range camping weapon it's beast due to damage output and mag size and is usable while certainly far from ideal closer up, mostly again due to damage output and mag size since if you get to the point where the other guy has to reload and you can still see him, you probably have minimum 15 left in the mag. I have also once won a 1 vs 1 with a mozzy both from full health with a flare... admittedly it was against the worst pilot I've ever seen in PS2, he basically hovered right in front of me and fired everywhere but at me with his nose gun, but still, most other VS guns I'd have still ended up taking a few hits due to reloading and damage output... I think he got my shield off but that was it.

Ursa is just bad, bad, bad. Well... it's ok as a mid range camper but no Flare, at long range it sucks, at short range it sucks harder.
  8. Kastrenzo

Flare is an all purpose gun but it is best used at medium range.

The Ursa is the Accurate "marksman" LMG, followed closley by the SVA88
  9. Rodney Gates Audio Director

A couple weapons missing their audio will be updated with the next hot-fix.
  10. Jac70

Wouldn't a gun that was completely silent be really useful :cool:
  11. JohnnyMaverik

Yes, and I'm sad to report that by the time I got around to pulling out my Flare and giving it a go (was going to unlock a suppressor so I could be full on stealth camper) they'd fixed it... or at least mine definitely has a firing sound.
  12. Veri

Yes thankfully fixed for me.
    Sure it would have been useful to a degree but I need the sound to be there. :)