FPS Stutter Can't Play

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by NyaR, Feb 3, 2013.

1. NyaR

Apart from the general loss of 5-10 fps I am getting crazy stuttering!

5ghz 8350
    16gb
    ssd
    • Up x 10
  2. Vortigon

I know it's a total nightmare right now !

Don't know what the hell they did with that patch but I have suttered and warped regularly since then.

They broke something - don't even see them admitting they know about it yet.
    • Up x 10
  3. Justicia

It probably has to do with rendering your allies. Same situation here, my allies were holding the Crown:

4. Kastrenzo

I thought they said they fixed this,

Three days ago I got 70-120FPS
    yesterday I 25-45
    today, It actually dropped to 3. and the highest I got in a small battle was 35
  5. Mymothersmeatloaf

I'm getting this same problem too, I usually don't play planet side 2 a lot, but the last time I played was a couple weeks ago and I know for sure I have never had this problem.
  6. Morclave

I'm suffering the exact same problem, I'm afraid. I was running smooth as butter until the big patch, and now I can't glimpse the danger-zone without my world slowing down. Unfortunately the people whose guns are on me don't slow with me.
    • Up x 1
  7. kazumi

same situation. I love PS2, but I'm tired of seeing the word "optimization" when it really is a downgrade..lol
    • Up x 5
  8. Darksabre1

Same exact experience here. Game was excellent before the patch on "Ultra" settings (modified useroptions ini) with no stuttering whatsoever. Now, the only way I can get more than 30fps is to turn everything to the lowest setting. Does not fix stuttering like crazy though. I get fed up with the game after about 5 minutes now.
  9. MeltingCPU

10. Skadi

everytime i hear there trying to improve performance, i sigh because i know when the patch comes i wont be able to play.
    • Up x 2
  11. Skadi

That would make sense considering they added priorty rendering, and friendlys are propably rock bottom on that list...
    • Up x 1
  12. Finkin

Yep, exact same things happening to me, its currently unplayable. Not even gonna bother logging back in till they've rolled back the patch or people start reporting there's a fix. Waste of time, and a waste of a small amount of station cash :(
  13. NyaR

They didn't fix this, that footage was taken today after the weapons fix patch.
  14. BraSS

Completely unplayable. Wish they would just revert to pre patch state, I have a feeling this wont be fixed for over a week. 2-3 hotfixes and seems to be getting worse each time.

i7 Q720
    ATI HD 5870
    8GB ram
    intel 520 SSD
    64bit Windows 7
    • Up x 2
  15. PSDub

completely agree with all comments, game has since the main patch also become completely unplayble with frame stutter.
    they have defo broken something, i get the same issue Justicia gets in that video.

Q9400 & 3.2 ghz
    GT640
    6GB ram
    intel SSD
    Win7 64bit SP1
    • Up x 1
  16. Archytas

FPS drops to zero frequently and, if it does recover, the lag makes the game unplayable. New i7 computer, upgraded graphics card, tons of RAM and video RAM, and the new patch makes the game unplayable.
    • Up x 1
  17. Darkfire255

I haven't seen my fps this low (1-5 FPS) since the first day of closed beta, and that's back when I had an Athlon 2.8 GHz CPU and lower end GPU (I've since upgraded and over-clocked). I'm sure they working hard to find the cause, I was actually getting some steady FPS before the patch, 25-35 in massive battles, which I consider good for my rig.
    • Up x 1
  18. Midnaito

Some part of the game runs fine for me. However I get heavy stuttering when looking into certain directions just like in that video. A friend of mine had the exact same problem looking at the same direction.
    • Up x 1
  19. JTSwagger

Phew, I'm glad it's not just me. Well, actually... it's disappointing to hear it's not just me. I'm having the same overall drop in FPS as well as the stuttering. Not a new setup but I was running 40 fps on medium/high and now it's unplayable in any battle larger than a squad.

XP pro x64
    3 core unlocked AMD Phenom II x2 oc'd at 3.6GHz
    4GB oc'd ddr3 RAM
    Asus GTX550 Ti DirectCU oc'd
    • Up x 1
  20. bishopau

I wonder if SOE can just email me when the stuttering is fixed. In the meantime its time to play something else.
    • Up x 8