Get rid of spawn protection, asap!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilhardt, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Evilhardt

And thsi is why spawn protection/ revive protection works aginst tactical play.

All the stupids fail to see this unfortuantely.
    • Up x 4
  2. Talizzar

Apparently Infiltrators don't have voice comms or chat? You don't want your farm being removed. Just admit it.
  3. rockman202

I LOVE this feature, my game takes a few seconds to load before I can control my character. Countless times I have spawned at a Sundy and as soon as I can control my character it shows that I have died. With this spawn immunity, I have not once seen that happen ever.
  4. Hoki

And I think the final thing I need to debunk in this thread id the "desire to farm" accusation. Recently spawned enemies are worth 25xp, you literally get more XP for spotting.
    Yes, that is right, as an infiltrator flanking a sunderer, it is more beneficial to spot spam a sunderer than it is to snipe at the recently spawned.
  5. ent|ty

Spawn protection doesn't matter to me.
    Because I'm sitting on the flag, not camping the enemy spawn.
    QQ more.
  6. Ultimatestormer

Wasn't this supposed to be less than a second or any action at all? From what I'm getting they removed the less than a second part. I will still use the argument I have used many times before, is this feature OP in Super Smash Bros.? Not really, so why does everyone complain about it here? You have even less invulnerability time in this game.
  7. JohnnyMaverik

Describe this situation in more detail... only time I can imagine a Medic easily being able to rezz somebody while in good cover, and the person they are rezzing isn't, is from behind a spawn shield while the other guy is outside the spawn shield.
  8. Evilhardt

Consider yourself facepalmed.
  9. Evilhardt

You idiots just don't get the point. Denying spawns to the enemy is VITAL to ensure victory. Because if you don't lock the enemy up, he will keep pouring out of the spawns.
  10. Kumaro

Spawn protection disappears the moment you fire, throw grenades, enter a vehicle. And so on o_O
  11. Cymoril

I havent seen this. I have seen Awccenjiale repeatedly kill everyone in the spawn rooms with "something" over and over. He went from BR 10 to 12 in 30s. We were at crossroads. He got us all the first time. We spawned, instant died, rinse and repeat. I know I put in a ticket and no replies. I did see him die in the logs and not even a second later the spawn room was being wiped out again and again.

Your new setup makes it hard to report players cause you dont get a "you were killed by...." so you have a limited time to write down their names before the pic of them goes away. In fairness, there might be a hole in the new spawns but at R10 he doesnt have alot of things unlocked to spam consistent kills of a spawn room for about 30s. 1 nade and ur done maybe 2 if that at BR 10. same goes for multiple apps of C4. This was on the Helios server earlier this AM.

Thus spawn protection inside the barriers didnt do me any good or the rest of us.
  12. LahLahSr

The very brief invulnerability after spawning is a welcome addition to the game. All the silly scenarios about having your face melted by a freshly spawned player have no credibility - not because they don't occur, but because it happens when someone is trying to shoot a player to death before they gain control of their character.

Most features are a trade-off and there may be some rarely occurring situations where a small advantage is gained with a medic rezzing a player in a fire-zone. However, the invulnerability stops when said player starts shooting. On BALANCE it's far, far better to have some small protection against the obsessive-compulsive spawn farming that people engage in.

Some of you may have noticed a trend in several of the recent and soon-to-come updates: the "tunnels", the defense EXP, the revamped bases and the brief spawn-invulnerability. The overarching theme here is to make defense attractive, finally.

The game will be better for it and retain more players, longer. Most people with any common sense are surely fatigued by the simplistic zerg approach that has been rewarded for too long in this game.

The invulnerability is in the game now and it is here to stay. It's been a long time coming and is a step in the right direction. Deal with it - having more tantrums here in the forums will do nobody any good.
  13. Kumaro

Oh i know one thing that would be nice though. WHY IS IT SUDDENLY POSSIBLE TO ENTER THE SPAWN ROOMS IN THE TOWERS!! THE FRIGGING SHIELDS ARE GONE IN ALL DROP HOLES!!
  14. TheScapegoat

/report.... then select Last Killed by
    • Up x 1
  15. xen3000

The Devs actually want them to keep pouring out of the spawn. They want a fight at the cap points, not the spawn. When ownership flips they'll stop spawning.
  16. Wasdie

The spawn protection is there just to prevent dying before even loading in, which is extremely annoying.

There should be no protection after revive though, it should only apply to situations where there could be a small load time.
    • Up x 3
  17. ent|ty

Really? I've capped flags without camping spawn. You're just scared.
  18. Evilhardt

Oh yes, because reviving is something specific to defending bases... makes sense.

You are also one of those that don't get that the tactical aspect of having no spawn protection outweighs the personal annoyance of being killed while the map is loading... but apparently you are too limited to see this.
    • Up x 1
  19. Cymoril

Oh it automatically pops up now in that little window ? I thought I had to enter their name there and do the durteh work for em. ty
  20. Intruder313

The mechanic is fine since it ends the moment they ACT.
    It's not about protecting "noobs" it protects you for that split-second when you Spawn/Revive and can be shot BEFORE your screen is even up.