Everyone's performance killed but NO ONE at SOE could reproduce this issue?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdrIneX, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Zcuron

The above reflects my thoughts fairly well.

The patch hasn't affected me to any great degree beyond having an amazing amount of fun watching those crazy intercept moves the annihilator missile now makes. (strangely enough, the nemesis doesn't behave in the same way?)

Oh right, when I look in the direction of the crown, my fps starts behaving like a 1-hertz sine wave, with 15 and 35 FPS peaks.

Beyond that, I've had no real issues, and in my mind the new features far outweigh any inconvenience these bugs cause - in the case of the tanks it's a welcome reprieve, changing up the game-play somewhat.

I don't see what the fuss is about anyway, if the game doesn't work for you - I'm sure you have a life full of things to spend your time on for however long it takes for the people at SoE to fix this. Sit back, read a good book, meet friends & family.

For those not inclined to spend time doing those things, I'm sure you've played other games in the past - try one of those for a while.
  2. Ailin

I never said the bugs was a lie and everything was fine, mr strawman-argument. I said that "Everyone is having issues." is a lie, no more or less than that. And, since I'm not having problems, that is true. I suggest you get off of your high horse and actually read what is said, mmkay?

Issues need to be fixed, but overstating things certainly won't help.
    • Up x 1
  3. WeEdNL

Hmm I was hoping they would have learned from their earlier mistakes, they simply dont seem to care.

It has been a disaster from the beginning, this game will probably fail.
  4. schisch

i dont have any performance issues at all

?!
  5. MrLee.NO

Very obviously not everyone is getting the performance issues. Those not suffering from anything will be more likely to not comment about it. But you can't deny that a LOT of people have been experiencing problems. So many, that SOE should have noticed that something was amiss during internal testing. I have to assume they run the game on various types of hardware to verify performance and not just monster dev. computers.

Having a PTE which would have generated a lot more players available for testing would have uncovered this, no question.
  6. Achmed20

im neither every1 nor do i have a FPS issue. all i have is some stutter which disapperas as fast as it comes
  7. Stargazer86

The game is now practically unplayable for me. Fps regularly skips between 10 and 40 like some sort of bouncy ball. I have no idea what they did, but this update made things a whole heck of a lot worse for me.

So no, everyone might not be having issues, but a good majority sure are.
  8. TeknoBug

Here's something I noticed, in CERTAIN areas of the game, and it occurs more often while inside a vehicle (while in a Lightning I was getting 1-5fps and my tank was spinning uncontrollably).

As NC, go to Indar warpgate, walk out and turn right to the teleporter portal and it'll take you to a south watchtower then turn around and look towards the warpgate, baaaaaaaaaaaad fps drops.
    [IMG]
  9. Karmak85

I have a i7, gtx680.. before patch it was 60 fps at all time (fps lock) now after patch its all over the place and lagging badly.
    It goes from 10 fps to 60fps and back again. Its unplaylable. I dont know wtf they did
  10. Bambolero

11. Primarkka

I've gotten the UBGL for TRAC-5 S today and I'm massing kills. While it's really situational now, it's super useful.
  12. TeknoBug

So you can't get kills at close range anymore, use it when you see a Sunderer with spawns coming out or when you're out in the open with little cover.
  13. Aliasse

Testing the patch first on a test server would of ressolved 90% of the optimization issues before deploying it on a live server so u can get "REAL" user data because not everyone has the same SOE computers.
  14. Bambolero

Lol I deleted the UBGL post I replied in a wrong thread.
  15. Bloodmyth

Higby posted on Twitter he's getting a team in to look at the bugs/issues now, fingers crossed eh ;)
  16. hostilechild

About 75% of my outfit experienced this problem. The more people around the worse it got.
    i5-2500k (3.8ghz) 16gb ram nvidia660ti prepatch 120fps downto 45-60 in mid to large fights. Never dropped below 35fps and not stuttering glitching even in huge fights where rendering dropped to 10m. Turning 360 degrees would be smooth and not drop frame rate.

Now i get at least 20fps less standard and if i turn > 45degrees huge drop to like 15fps if i dare turn a 180degrees into enemies its 5fps. Even when the fps stayed at 45-60fps the game stuttered? Even had times when i could see the tracers coming at me but not the enemy soldier firing.

Even dropped all my settings to medium/low instead of high, no effect turn 90degrees bam 15fps. Vehicles moving in and out of frame, bam 15fps-60fps peak valleys non stop.

Pretty much not playable right now except to go MAX and stand in a doorway looking forward and hope i don't have to turn.
  17. Tigga

As far as I can tell it's an issue when you look in the direction of large groups of friendlies, and only occurs sometimes.

While people argue that internal QA can't pick up on this sort of thing due to scale, I just don't buy it. You don't have to have anybody actually standing there to test large scale performance, you only need the server to send the client messages as if there were people there, and this is trivial.
  18. Krayus_Korianis

I'm not getting any hit to my performance on my PC... It's all smooth as butter for me.
  19. freehotdawgz

My performance seems to be the same as it ever was. I run perfectly smooth at pretty much all times. I have an i7 3770k overclocked to 4.4ghz, 670gtx, 16gb of ram, and running the game on a SSD. The only issue I've experienced was having all objects flickering in and out and only being able to see the skybox and particle effects, my fps dropped as well. It only lasted about 40 seconds and then went away.
  20. MaxDamage

Stop claiming "everyone's performance" was hit in a bad way. It wasn't.

I saw great improvements on my rig, as did a grreat many others.