Matherson TR is horrrible.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isila

But what does that territory get you? Even within the rules of the game, as it stands currently, there is no reason to care whether you're shooting dudes on a mostly blue continent or a mostly red continent. Resources are practically a non-factor, and even if they do become a factor you can just wait for a bit to get them back. Nothing happens when you cap a continent. There's no round that ends with a winner. You just go somewhere else to keep shooting dudes. So why not do that here?

We can shoot dudes here, now... or we can spend minutes/hours sitting on our butts watching progress bars so we can shoot dudes somewhere else later.

If we had things like ANTs and NTUs, or cave modules, or lattice-linked base benefits (that actually meant something) I could understand. If there was any reason at all to care whether we're shooting dudes in one hex or another, I could care. But there isn't, so I don't.
    • Up x 1
  2. FailasaurusRex

yea. im gonna backout slowly here. what was a conversation is now going into a bad place.
    this is a video game its meant to be fun.
    when doing more ingame actually yields something more than 10%...

Ultramarine i see you guys when i play my newish nc char FailasaurusRexNC.
    I hope i didnt disrespect anyone to badly.
    im about the fun of video game playing. dont care much for the vitriol or getting upset.

just started a vanu char as well WEEESSSNNNAAAWWW.

hope i see you guys in game :)
  3. JerryMouse

You look at a capped continent and see some colors. I look at a continent and see the works of a hundreds of people across multiple days. I see ever ditch and gully I died in, every kill I made, every vehicle I've repaired. The difference between fighting on a red and blue continent is the difference between fighting on YOUR continent, paid for with blood of your empire, and fighting on enemy territory, an ever present reminderof failure.
  4. Ultramarine

Nah you haven't disrespected much, it was more a grand observation of the while conversation. Simply having the intention to appogize tells of who you are, and means nobody will be upset at you.
  5. Cyridius

Buzz does not encourage it. Nor does he go against it. Which is one of the cornerstones of the Enclave, not having someone over your shoulder telling you how you should behave.
  6. JerryMouse

If it was a simple matter of not having the man power to do it I wouldn't care. But the fact is we do and getting screwed over by my team because they think pointlessly shooting enemies is a good use of time frustrates me.
  7. Ultramarine

Really? It was my understanding he encourages people to fill the yell chat with taunts, and based in observation I'd assumed it was true. I can always tell TE is nearby because the chat box fills with cursing and red text :p
  8. Isila

You look at a heavy biolab battle and see a meatgrinder. I look at a heavy biolab battle and see a good, fun fight for the next couple of hours.

There's no one right way to play this game, that's the beauty of it. This sort of thread happens when people that play the game one way (territory control) ask why people that play the game another way (The Good Fight™) aren't playing their way instead, and it always ends up the same way: Both sides explaining which way they play the game and saying they really don't care about the other way of playing.

Could have saved about 6 pages by skipping the whole mess.
    • Up x 4
  9. Cyridius

Yeah, sometimes he'll stay stuff like "TALK **** GUYS TALK ****" in the heat of the moment when we've just trashed people that ****-talk us all the time. But that's mostly because he knows we all want to.

And that's odd, most squad leaders will hold a policy that /yell isn't to be used until it's blatantly obvious that we're there.
  10. Ultramarine

I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping enclave couldn't be as bad as the talk. You guys catch a lot of hate.
  11. JerryMouse

You bring up a good point and I have defiantly brought this off topic, but the fact still remains that ( In my opinion at any rate ) TE's current playstyle has a detrimental effect to the TR on Matherson ( the original point of this topic ).

At the moment this has no ill ffect ( apart from being bad for my stress levels *grin* ). But when continent locks are implemented other TR will be locked from a continent. I only ask that you invest a bit more effort into more strategic considerations when The lock mechanic is added in
  12. omgBAMF

Oh believe me... when true cont locks are introduced, you will see more motivated gameplay from us to push out our enemies. It's just that currently there isn't much incentive to ghost cap territories. We've tried it before, stringing out multiple squads deep into "enemy territory" waiting for adjacency, but it usually ends up with members being bored.

Yeah, as soon as people see [TE], the hate starts to flow. We endure most of it, but once it's shown that we "won" the base, we tend to give it back in spades.
  13. Jaloro

I'm not in TE but I've watched TE ops for hours when I'm eating or am waiting for friends to log into the game. Buzz's stream is easily the most entertaining.

From watching them its funny how you see (a) why everyone hates them, and (b) just how much rubbish is talked about them. Every post here made by AT (terrible boring stream btw - sort that out its embarrassing for us Vanu) is full of flat out lies. Ghost capping Amerish? Mindless zerging bloodbaths? For anyone who has actually seen what happens its just laughable.

TE just look for a decent fight. Then if there isn't one they go about starting one.
  14. Sinist

COme over to Waterson when server transfers happen.

We actually win. Some say it is our massive outfits and population. I call it tactical superiority.
  15. Linedan

Sometimes they are. The problem is, with TE's massive size, it's kind of rare to find them in a good and balanced battle except maybe in a bio lab. I've lost count of the times (as NC) their "good fight" ends up just being a succession of 100 vs. 15 battles as they roll us back, bunnyhopping their way across the plains to victory as they talk ****. Impressive, and a bit different because they're zerging with HA instead of tanks, but not really a "good fight." But if we didn't want to occasionally have to face long odds, we'd be playing lobby matches in another game, right? If I get frustrated about being steamrolled by TE, I go get steamrolled by Magriders instead. Or log off.

OTOH, when TE collides with the NC zerg, it's absolutely epic. We had a push from Howling Pass Checkpoint up to Mao Tech Plant a couple weeks ago that was the most insane couple of hours I've had in PS2. We actually rolled the TE back to Mao before they threw up a great defense and we had to break off to defend against the VS pushing in the south. And it's very rare to actually get The Enclave moving backward.

With the numbers we have on Mattherson now, any time you get 100ish people in the same place, it's going to be massively unbalancing and they're going to flatten anything in their path unless there's a similar sized force available to defend--and nobody really defends most of the time. The only way to fix that is to get more people in the game, or at least on our server. Now is having a third of your playerbase in prime time tied up in one outfit, in one place, good for the faction? Probably not from a territory point of view, but the situation is what it is and the best way to fix it would be get more people in the game overall to fill up the other continents and spread things around.
  16. WUNDER8AR

From what I've seen in the stream, TE most of the time distributes their forces among 3-5 hexes. That's like 1-4 squads per hex, depending on the overall playercount of the outfit and the individual importance of hexes. Its rather uncommon that the entire outfit operates at one and the same spot on the continent. If so it is most likely to attack or defend a (highly contested/ red alert) Biolab, a Techplant, fortresses like The Crown and Scarred Mesa or they're somewhere near the enemy WG to cut it off from the rest of their territory. I have yet to see the entire outfit steamrolling a single barely defended facility. That'd be a waste of resources and I'm sure that Buzz thinks the same way.

Though that's just my impression from watching the stream every once in a while for an hour or two...
  17. TeknoBug

Correction, Matherson TR is terrible when BCP isn't online, it's true. You'll know when BCP is online, when you start seeing MAX crashes and Lib bombing raids and LA+C4 squads... When I see AOD, ADD, and other TR outfits, they zerg like crazy and often lose caps that they have from lower populated NC and sometimes VS even when TR has 38-41% world population.

And when I had a TR alt on Matheron before I deleted it, I heard lots of outfits not getting along and messy proximity chat and so forth, almost never getting a clear shot at enemies without hitting friendlies because 100's of TR's prefer to zerg one tiny outpost.

The population on Matherson is noticeably shrinking, nobody fights on Esamir and Amerish anymore, they're just there for ghost capping while everyone fights on Indar now.
  18. Nacasatu

I'd backup that comment too and I play VS on Mattherson. Same goes for VS most of the time too tbh, VS does noticeably better once certain outfit leaders are online and playing, the unknown faction leaders tbh, not out for glory and rarely shout orders, just very decent at organising people and I don't think they even realise how good some of them are. Same with Buzz on TR. Dunno about NC.
  19. Springheel Jack

Well, no, they have presence at 3 AM and ghost cap continents daily. That's about it. NC doesn't bring any fights so the other two factions mostly just ignore them. Every now and then a small group will run out into the scary world and cry for attention, but that's always short lived. They "hold" continent locks by cramming into Bio Labs.
  20. DavidS

I have an alt TR on Mattherson, gotta say from my personal experience I don't see The Enclave around a lot, but I DO see a lot of TR in general just trash-talking. Trash-talking other factions, [TE], each other in prox. chat. Teamkilling, fighting amongst each other. It's a goddamn mess and I don't enjoy playing there. Main is on Waterson and it feels like a completely different game. Have an NC character on SolTech as well but I rarely play there. TR on Waterson are humble (enough) and normally have at least 10% pop. advantage and own most of the territory, but their attitude (or lack thereof) usually make getting warpgated not a big deal. They warpgate, fight with us (VS) in the adjacent hexes for a while then get bored & go to other continents, let us recapture half the map then come back & we repeat the process.

NC nowhere to be seen though. Feel sorry for the guys that play NC on Waterson. Which is kinda funny considering one of the bigger NC outfits is in our server.... lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.